Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Stivelio
With the current Qatar fiasco is it possible that Etihad will start cancelling already booked award tickets using AA miles because they will now have huge traffic for paid tickets?
I'm sure AA has a clause in their contract with EY that would make EY think twice considering the penalties that AA would merciless apply on them.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:43 pm

Just got off from from a call with AA reservations.

trying to book LAX -AUH - HYD ticket with AA miles for travel next week.

She said there is some internal notice and these flights might get cancelled. She said I am ok to book but warning me since they cant help if that hapenns. except returning miles back.

Is this true, I am wary of qatar or doha impact.

Please advice. This is my first award booking.

Ps: I did asked them to hold the reservation
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by satyadb4u

She said there is some internal notice and these flights might get cancelled. She said I am ok to book but warning me since they cant help if that hapenns. except returning miles back.

I must be really groggy at the moment because I can see absolutely no connection whatsoever between your itinerary (LAX-AUH-HYD on EY) and QR/Doha issues.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by satyadb4u

Please advice. This is my first award booking.

Ps: I did asked them to hold the reservation
Perhaps the agent got Etihad and Qatar confused in their memory.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:05 am

Seems AA Australia is far more reliable in finding EY availability (consistent with EF). AA US just sucks in this part
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by lz80521
Seems AA Australia is far more reliable in finding EY availability (consistent with EF). AA US just sucks in this part
"AA Australia" (Mindpearl* in Suva, Fiji, which serves AA Australia and AA New Zealand) have access to more than Sabre - they have Amadeus access iirc, which actual AA agents do not have access to.

*HQ in Barcelona, but main office is in Cape Town, ZA

"Mindpearl started in 1999 as a captive contact centre where the lifeblood and entire basis of the offering was to provide seamless 24/7 customer support in multiple languages to the customers and passengers of a consortium of 11 European airlines headed by Swissair. "
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:44 pm

Whats Etihad's policy on mixed class flights and baggage allowance? I'm booking a F class segment from the middle east to MLE. The 1st leg (~1hr) only has economy availability but the 2nd leg (~5 hrs) has first class availability. Since the first segment will be economy will I have economy baggage allowance or first class?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
AA is saying my EY DOH-AUH-CGK itinerary in early July is still confirmed. I rang Etihad to double check and the rep said that it's confirmed as well.

Those of you who have DOH-AUH flights in June-July -- are you getting cancellations or have you been told that your flight is still confirmed?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:17 am

from Bloomberg : Etihad Scraps San Francisco Route on Stiffer U.S. Competition

"Abu Dhabi carrier suspends flights from Oct. 29 on weak demand"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-s-competition

If anybody has bookings post Oct-29 you should call up AA and have them move you to another airport serviced by EY
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:29 am

My Dec SFO-AUH booking is gone from my reservations.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
from Bloomberg : Etihad Scraps San Francisco Route on Stiffer U.S. Competition

"Abu Dhabi carrier suspends flights from Oct. 29 on weak demand"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-s-competition

If anybody has bookings post Oct-29 you should call up AA and have them move you to another airport serviced by EY
regardless of award availability?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
regardless of award availability?
There still needs to be award availability - my (poorly-made) point was that as reservations get cancelled or disappear due to the suspension of the flight, what little availability there is will be used up a lot quicker (presumable) as people rebook from other EY-serviced airports, so best not to delay
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:09 am
Suspended

While I definitely agree it's best to call in, until they have a reaccomodation policy in place, options can be extremely limited, especially for non OneWorld AAdv partners.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:17 am

Looks like not much award availability from other destinations either for popular times / holidays. Glad I didn't make any hotel bookings for my Christmas holiday yet.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by olouie
Looks like not much award availability from other destinations either for popular times / holidays. Glad I didn't make any hotel bookings for my Christmas holiday yet.
Once a policy is in place, you may find yourself with more options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.