Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
5 calls to finally find an agent that could see and book 2 JFK-AUH First seats.
1. US No
2. OZ No
3. OZ No
4. US No
5. NZ Yes
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Huge thank you to the folks in this thread... Never would have been able to do this without you!

The lovely Australian AAdvantage team has a reservation on hold for me, 2 people, MLE-AUH-JFK-SFO in February. Start to finish took only 12 minutes!

Managed to confirm First on MLE-AUH-JFK, with the A380 over the water. Unfortunately, could only get one J and one Y right now on the JFK-SFO but we'll see what opens up.

US agent could only see the MLE-AUH segment but the Australian agent saw exactly what ExpertFlyer saw.
is MLE_AUH-JFK priced as 2 different awards?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
is MLE_AUH-JFK priced as 2 different awards?
This is one award.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Hi, is this a a known issue? I have been calling the Australia call center to book Etihad Guest Seats. The seat is available on etihad.com but the Australia call center is not seeing the availability (neither is the American call center). Is this a known issue now? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Hi, is this a a known issue? I have been calling the Australia call center to book Etihad Guest Seats. The seat is available on etihad.com but the Australia call center is not seeing the availability (neither is the American call center). Is this a known issue now? Thanks.
A little casual reading on any given page of this thread will provide a clear answer to your question.

But if you're not into making an investment in your travel planning, simply refer to Post #2880 (3 posts before yours...) for not only the answer to your question but a red carpet rolled out showing you what to do next.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by NecessaryIndulgences
A little casual reading on any given page of this thread will provide a clear answer to your question.

But if you're not into making an investment in your travel planning, simply refer to Post #2880 (3 posts before yours...) for not only the answer to your question but a red carpet rolled out showing you what to do next.
Thank you. I should open my eyes.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:54 pm

Really weird. Talked to an agent in NZ, and he could find 2 seats AUH-JFK in first, then couldn't find any seats on JFK-LAX even though it showed up in the AA system. He said literally there is no 10:30 PM flight 23, and couldn't see it in his system (even though it is on the website as a paid flight or with miles).

Had to transfer me to another agent, and got it booked.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:17 pm

I've tried 3 different call centers in 9 attempts to book what would be a simple one way MEL/SYD-AUH itinerary in J.
I seats on the A380 seem to be off limits despite showing wide open on EY and VA side. Even tried AUH-MEL/SYD as a return to no avail.

The last SE Pac agent I spoke to kept giving me all these weird routing on CX and RJ. I was even offered a MEL(QF)-SIN(CX)-HKG(RJ)-AMM-KWI(EY)-AUH, with obviously ridiculous travel times and a very steep number of miles.

Something has definitely changed recently.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:03 am

Was able to put JFK-AUH x 2 F on hold.
2 calls to Australia AA yielded no results
1 call to NZ AA and agent found availability immediately and placed the award on hold

After finally realizing AUH-HKG does not have a F cabin and finally seeing availability on the Etihad site for J:
1 call to Australia AA no availability
1 call to NZ AA no availability
1 call to US AA and surprised agent was able to find and add on 2 J to my reservation

Hello, JFK-AUH-HKG
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:48 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Huge thank you to the folks in this thread... Never would have been able to do this without you!

The lovely Australian AAdvantage team has a reservation on hold for me, 2 people, MLE-AUH-JFK-SFO in February. Start to finish took only 12 minutes!

Managed to confirm First on MLE-AUH-JFK, with the A380 over the water. Unfortunately, could only get one J and one Y right now on the JFK-SFO but we'll see what opens up.

US agent could only see the MLE-AUH segment but the Australian agent saw exactly what ExpertFlyer saw.
EY has some extreme POS award availability differences they enforce which explains why AA agents in different countries can't see the same availability. It's not incompetance. It's the same for EY and partner redemptions.

Originally Posted by olouie
My change is still pending the EY liaison getting approval to move it to LAX. Called Australia call center and they said they could not change it until the liaison takes action. I guess HUACA in a few days?
IME AA saying their EY liaison will action something means nothing. On two occasions where AA spelt our names wrong on EY tickets we lost the seats. Identified the error as soon as the emails arrived but the change meant it wasn't ticketed in time and we had to hook new dates because the liaison hadn't got a result in weeks.

The incompetence came from the Fiji call centre misspelling the names that would be in front of them on our AAdvantage accounts.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I called to book myself and a friend on several Etihad flights today to fly MLE-AUH-MCT-AUH-JFK. The US call center was able to find availability (First/Business) on all segments except the JFK-AUH leg. I had the agent check a dozen of adjacent dates and he did not see any availability. A quick Google search revealed the Australian call center workaround. I called them and at first the agent said they couldn't book flights that far in advance (early March). I pushed back and said it should be bookable. She checked something, apologized, and immediately found the available flights. Very happy!!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:40 am

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread. Flew HKT-AUH in J then AUH-JFK in F this past weekend on AA miles and it was an unbelievable experience.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:40 pm

Just got my ticketing email for EY reservation. JFK-AUH-HKG

On my reservation on the Etihad site, it does not show mine or my partner's middle name, even though I had the agent put it in during booking. EY agent also confirmed it was not there. There is a MR title attached to my name though.

Any problems with this in JFK or AUH? Called AA and agent didn't seem worried about it and said it doesn't matter. Just wanted to be reassured if this is the case or not
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would not be worried at all. I rarely have my middle name on bookings
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:03 pm

I believe AA/Etihad dropped my holding seats before the official time that was supposed to happen. Now I'm waiting for them to pop back into award inventory. Any idea how long that takes? Will they even get released again automatically once they hit the system, or does Etihad keep them out of award inventory even though they were once there and were never officially booked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.