Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
It's not just you. I attempted a sample booking, LAX-HKG 12/24, and returning 12/31. The AA website would only show the menu selections for the return flight.

Best to just wait and see, and enjoy the FL prior to your 12/24 departure.
I'm in J, don't think I get access to the flagship lounge? I'll prob wander over to the OW business lounge in TBIT to get food

Edit:: looks like i do get access haha
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:59 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by ryan182
lol so true! I have a JFK-LAX in F in early Jan and was looking at the pre-order menu, none of it was very exciting, and remembered the FS Dining pics and decided to not pick anything and eat in the lounge. Now that LAX has FS Dining as well, unless you're short on time, its a certainty that what you can get there will be better than onboard.
I also appreciate the fact that I can fall asleep on board instead of waiting for my meal. This might be the only positive change AA has made in 2017.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:03 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by chenalex
I'm in J, don't think I get access to the flagship lounge? I'll prob wander over to the OW business lounge in TBIT to get food

Edit:: looks like i do get access haha
Are you on an international itinerary? If so, then why would you go to the Flagship Lounge? Just go to the Qantas lounge instead.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:10 am

Flew AA 10 LAX-JFK on 15-Dec in F. Since I ate in Flagship dining and snacked in QF 1st lounge, I just went right to sleep after take off. Had a smoothie just before landing. Did I miss out on a voucher? No communication from AA. Was using my BA FF #. The voucher would have been nice to use on a future trip.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Flying LAX-BOS this morning (19/12 AA146) and no catering has been loaded - Im glad I ate in the T4 lounge!

Unlike my LAX-JFK last month, I wasn't sent a voucher or an email in advance. The crew have said they will raise the complaint with a Manager - so we'll see what happens.

On my LAX-HNL on 17/12, we were fully catered in J on the 777-200 - so perhaps it's just the big birds that are being fed.

M
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Flew AA 10 LAX-JFK on 15-Dec in F. Since I ate in Flagship dining and snacked in QF 1st lounge, I just went right to sleep after take off. Had a smoothie just before landing. Did I miss out on a voucher? No communication from AA. Was using my BA FF #. The voucher would have been nice to use on a future trip.
The smoothie was the only thing missing from my recent AA 1 JFK-LAX flight in F two weeks ago.

I'd say all is back to normal on that route.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Flying LAX-BOS this morning (19/12 AA146) and no catering has been loaded - Im glad I ate in the T4 lounge!

Unlike my LAX-JFK last month, I wasn't sent a voucher or an email in advance. The crew have said they will raise the complaint with a Manager - so we'll see what happens.

On my LAX-HNL on 17/12, we were fully catered in J on the 777-200 - so perhaps it's just the big birds that are being fed.

M
That is absurd. I'm flying the same flight Thursday and have also yet to receive communication regarding catering. Did they at least have Beer/Wine?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by KBOS777
That is absurd. I'm flying the same flight Thursday and have also yet to receive communication regarding catering. Did they at least have Beer/Wine?
Not sure about alcohol, but soft drinks loaded.

Food onboard was a box - either a turkey sandwich with a boiled egg, or a plain bagel with jam.

M
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Cool

Not sure about alcohol, but soft drinks loaded.

Food onboard was a box - either a turkey sandwich with a boiled egg, or a plain bagel with jam.

M
I'd also like to know about beer/wine catering. Does 'no catering' mean limited beverage offerings? Before anyone ridicules me for consuming AA domestic F wine: I know the wine is typically awful and requires lots of ice to numb the flavor, but I really look forward to sipping a glass of wine in a real glass for purposes of relaxing after the stress of getting to the airport and through security. Call me weird, but I really enjoy that.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
I'd also like to know about beer/wine catering. Does 'no catering' mean limited beverage offerings? Before anyone ridicules me for consuming AA domestic F wine: I know the wine is typically awful and requires lots of ice to numb the flavor, but I really look forward to sipping a glass of wine in a real glass for purposes of relaxing after the stress of getting to the airport and through security. Call me weird, but I really enjoy that.
Just asked the Purser onboard.

No beer and wine is being loaded at LAX, so it is reliant on what is left from the inbound. The remaining alcohol of the inbound, is 'salvaged' for the outbound.

She said they had lots of minis, and beer too...but obviously all flights are different.

M
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
A week ago on a 777 it was drinks in a plastic cup and a turkey wrap in box or salad in plastic. No lime for the drinks, no nuts, no dessert.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
No pic of said turkey boxes yet lol?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
No pic of said turkey boxes yet lol?
Lol trust me, you didn't miss much!

A turkey sandwich, with mayonnaise and red peppers.
A boiled egg
8 blueberries
Plastic cutlery

M
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Just asked the Purser onboard.

No beer and wine is being loaded at LAX, so it is reliant on what is left from the inbound. The remaining alcohol of the inbound, is 'salvaged' for the outbound.

She said they had lots of minis, and beer too...but obviously all flights are different.

M
Yuck! Thanks for asking! Tomorrow I'm on a 3.5hrs American Eagle regional flight, and the E75 just goes to and from LAX on its long regionals, so I'm guessing it will be nothing at all for me. Thumbs down to AA. So AAnnoying.

Last edited by OneWorldSapphire; Dec 19, 2017 at 11:54 am
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Am a Gold. Flew in early November (11/8) when this first started in economy on a discount MileSAAver award flying LAX-MIA-MXP. The LAX-MIA flight was a morning one. Since I was in Y I didn't plan on eating on the plane - that's what the AC is for, but I got a $100 voucher before the flight from AA. Thanks, AA!

My friend is a Plat. He flew yesterday (12/18) in paid J on a LAX-IAD morning flight. He got a $50 voucher. He got the same box-o-english muffin, hardboiled egg and berries described above. He's not happy, particularly since he knows I got $100 while flying in un-paid Y and of lower status. He's thinking of doing a complaint. Does he have a case for at least some kind of compensation?

Last edited by Oakshadow; Dec 19, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.