Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
No Pre-Order for LAX-LHR Jan 10th 2018

Another data point of struggles to return to "normal" catering operations.. Nothing online and EXP Desk didn't see the options either. Thank goodness for the QF F Lounge being available prior to the flight.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Another data point of struggles to return to "normal" catering operations.. Nothing online and EXP Desk didn't see the options either. Thank goodness for the QF F Lounge being available prior to the flight.
I pre-ordered my meal for my flight on the 4th - seems to be working fine.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
When did it change to meal preference by status?

are u sure? Because this would be a HUGE change.

My bad. Was thinking of another airline.

Current procedures for taking meal orders is:

Under the new system, meal orders will be taken based on direction of flight.

If a flight involves a change of time zones:

Meal orders will be taken starting in the front on eastbound flights
Meal orders will be taken starting in the back on westbound flights

If a flight doesn’t involve a change of time zones:

Meal orders will be taken from the front on southbound flights
Meal orders will be taken from the back on northbound flights

American First Class Meal Ordering Changing September 1, 2014 - One Mile at a Time
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.5MM), UA Premier, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott
Same aweful breakfast biscuit for a six hour flight

[QUOTE=fgirard;29221225]On 12/15, I flew on AA237 (LAX-SJD), and the catering was listed as “breakfast,” but consisted of a cold turkey sandwich with a hard boiled egg and blueberries.

However, on the return AA1050 (SJD-LAX) the flight was catered by Aerococina, in which one could either have sea bass, or mushroom/cheese skewers.

I flew LAX-PHL on Tuesday this week, December 26th. For a six hour flight in F, we had some kind of awful dry biscuit with processed turkey and red peppers. It was absolutely ridiculous. American has had 8 weeks to resolve this issue. If they can't fix "meals for first class" in eight weeks, are they capable of running an airline?

No matter how many times I email Customer Relations no one will answer as to any resolution or plan. The sheer lack of consistency in meals, (I had meal service last week to Boston), and complete lack of advance communication is staggering. AA communicated so well the first two weeks of this issue, but since then they've gone radio dead. Very frustrating for passengers, gate agents and crew.

I have per-ordered my meal to LHR in a few weeks, I presume that process will work.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DaveInSFV
I flew LAX-PHL on Tuesday this week, December 26th. For a six hour flight in F, we had some kind of awful dry biscuit with processed turkey and red peppers. It was absolutely ridiculous. American has had 8 weeks to resolve this issue. If they can't fix "meals for first class" in eight weeks, are they capable of running an airline?
That might be the actual catering.. every so often there is an absolutely inedible meal that makes it on the menu.. and that's everywhere, not LAX.

Since the merger, the food has dropped significantly.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
[QUOTE=DaveInSFV;29224536]
Originally Posted by fgirard
On 12/15, I flew on AA237 (LAX-SJD), and the catering was listed as “breakfast,” but consisted of a cold turkey sandwich with a hard boiled egg and blueberries.

However, on the return AA1050 (SJD-LAX) the flight was catered by Aerococina, in which one could either have sea bass, or mushroom/cheese skewers.

No matter how many times I email Customer Relations no one will answer as to any resolution or plan. The sheer lack of consistency in meals, (I had meal service last week to Boston), and complete lack of advance communication is staggering. AA communicated so well the first two weeks of this issue, but since then they've gone radio dead. Very frustrating for passengers, gate agents and crew.

I have per-ordered my meal to LHR in a few weeks, I presume that process will work.
Originally Posted by Antarius
That might be the actual catering.. every so often there is an absolutely inedible meal that makes it on the menu.. and that's everywhere, not LAX.

Since the merger, the food has dropped significantly.
And to think that this morning on AA1412 (ONT-DFW), I had a somewhat real breakfast. And ONT is definitely *not* a hub.

Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Advantage, Rapid Rewards, Onepass, Mileage Plus
Booked in F on AA 2284 LAX-DFW on 1/20. No option to pre-order meals on aa.com. I will keep checking and see if the option shows up. Was hoping they would have everything sorted out by mid-January but maybe not.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Advantage, Rapid Rewards, Onepass, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by NathanRT
Booked in F on AA 2284 LAX-DFW on 1/20. No option to pre-order meals on aa.com. I will keep checking and see if the option shows up. Was hoping they would have everything sorted out by mid-January but maybe not.
Tweeted @AmericanAir and got this response: “At this time you’re unable to pre-order meals. We’ll have provisions in place for your flight”

So I guess I will wait and see what they come up with...
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I'm flying LAX-HKG in F in a few days. No option to choose a meal in advance on the web site. That should be interesting . . .

Last edited by Always Flyin; Dec 28, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Lax-Lhr on Dec 26th and all was normal in BC with food, etc
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
That's just a datapoint for the struggles to return to (or rather start having) functioning IP, as LAXLHR is the lonely route that has never been affected by Parker's LAX catering budget cut trial.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by fgirard

And to think that this morning on AA1412 (ONT-DFW), I had a somewhat real breakfast. And ONT is definitely *not* a hub.
I don't understand the somewhat comment, but ONT has been catered by LSG for years now. I believe LSG drives it from the SNA area kitchen including fresh BoB.

It has been said LSG couldn't take 100% of the GG demand for AA, but has taken some.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Nevermind - question answered upthread
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Dec 23 AA 2599 (LAX-MBJ redeye) just under 6 hour travel time. Flight was ready to leave 15 minutes early, waited for "catering". At the last minute, uniformed AA agent came down the jetbridge with some plastic bags, handed them to F FA. Learned after takeoff that they contained chicken wraps and salads, former in a white cardboard box, latter in a clear plastic box - no fruit and cheese platter
"Paid" for F (using Citi points) - worth asking for some type of compensation?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
J on LAX->JFK on 12/28. Full meal service, printed menus, etc. Was pleasantly surprised as there was no order online available, but everything appeared normal on the flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.