Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I could pre-order Thai Red Beef Curry for LAX-MIA for Jan 2nd on AA260. Keeping my fingers crossed. But what can I expect from LAX-JFK these days? Full Casper service or only snack box?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by EDDMflyer
I could pre-order Thai Red Beef Curry for LAX-MIA for Jan 2nd on AA260. Keeping my fingers crossed. But what can I expect from LAX-JFK these days? Full Casper service or only snack box?
Just flew LAX-JFK in J on 12/16. It had the usual meal service offered on that route (actually had the same Thai Beef Curry you mentioned haha) as well as the new Casper bedding. The bedding is nice, definitely larger than previously offered - almost to the point where it was difficult to find places to stow it during takeoff. There was also a noticeable amount of static on the plane, unsure if that's due to the new bedding or just the dry air during this time of year.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL GM, AS MVP75K
Still no choice for LAX-HND 26DEC in J, usual choices for NRT-LAX 16JAN. EP agent said the latest she had was from 20NOV saying they'd be up to speed by 27NOV, but clearly they're not. No email either yet about it.

Hopefully what was previously reported about JL catering for these flights is still true - but ridiculous that 1) they haven't fixed it after all this time and 2) they have no communication/update about it. As much as we may be up on things here, I would think it helpful that they even steer people to OW Lounge in Bradley to eat up/takeout before departure as a suggestion.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TSparky
Still no option to pick on 1/14 or 1/21. The turkey wrap is OK for me, but I miss my lime in my vodka/7.
bring your own!
https://www.amazon.com/True-Lime-Uns.../dp/B00F05G5EU
TSparky likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:15 pm

12/15 LAX to PHL: Offered PDB. No Chardonnay, but "checked in the back" and was offered Pinot Grigio or Savignon Blanc. Announcement was made that some items many not be available. Lunch was stuffed peppers or chicken with Greek salad, Offered the full array of rolls. Pinot Grigio ran out. Flourless chocolate cake on tray. After lunch, warm nuts passed out.Basically appeared status quo.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by beyond
Still no choice for LAX-HND 26DEC in J, usual choices for NRT-LAX 16JAN. EP agent said the latest she had was from 20NOV saying they'd be up to speed by 27NOV, but clearly they're not. No email either yet about it.

Hopefully what was previously reported about JL catering for these flights is still true - but ridiculous that 1) they haven't fixed it after all this time and 2) they have no communication/update about it. As much as we may be up on things here, I would think it helpful that they even steer people to OW Lounge in Bradley to eat up/takeout before departure as a suggestion.
Thats weird, we flew LAX-HND out on Dec 4th and they had full meal service (we pre-ordered Japanese meals. Cant remember if regular menu was available online to pre-order, but was available on the plane). I declined my pre-ordered meal since I pigged out at the Qantas lounge before the flight. Only thing I noticed was that there wasnt a wine menu, but I dont drink wine so not sure what they had available or not.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I will admit, now having read the UA forum, that AA has handled this issue much better than UA has in DEN. Between the proactive notice and voucher to all customers, at least AA isn't trying to pretend nothing is wrong, which is more to say than what UA has done in a very similar situation with their catering facility in DEN.
silverthief2 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Avis Preferred
12/24: LAX-PHL Paid ticket, mileage upgrade to 1st. No warning email. No snacks on board. Offered only boxed turkey sandwich or bagel with cream cheese. They had only the exact number for 1st class. I had preordered the no dairy meal and was totally out of luck as they had no snacks at all. They did have alcohol/coffee/soft drinks. Some warning would be nice as no email from AA has been forth coming. I doubt I will get the voucher as AA offers older planes and has never had any competition on the LAX-PHL route. Ugh. I am in the Admirals club eating chili.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by beyond

I flew LAX/HND last Tuesday (12/19) and the return flight today. Both has full meal service. Don’t be worried about the outbound having no pre order option — it has a full menu once you get onboard. Another flyer shared the menu a few pages above.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
LAX/LHR in J on 1/22 has full pre selection online. Crazy all the different "special" meals now!
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Blondeonboard
12/24: LAX-PHL Paid ticket, mileage upgrade to 1st. No warning email. No snacks on board. Offered only boxed turkey sandwich or bagel with cream cheese. They had only the exact number for 1st class. I had preordered the no dairy meal and was totally out of luck as they had no snacks at all. They did have alcohol/coffee/soft drinks. Some warning would be nice as no email from AA has been forth coming. I doubt I will get the voucher as AA offers older planes and has never had any competition on the LAX-PHL route. Ugh. I am in the Admirals club eating chili.
That was my experience three weeks ago, but they did announce at the gate. Nearby food vendors are reaping many rewards from all this nonsense.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
AA169

On AA169 (LAX-NRT) - looks like JAL menu (format and all). No wine list / wrong headphones (single prong vs 3 when the plane has 3 prong plugs. Headphones seems like an odd issue.
Also looks like pre orders do not align with the menu at all. Some guy behind me didn’t want mushrooms so he preselected a veg meal with no mushrooms as the beef was “crusted in mushrooms” no matter to me just odd - why offer preselection if it’s inaccurate.

Last edited by footastic; Dec 25, 2017 at 1:02 pm
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:57 pm

Received Voucher

About 24 hours later I received the voucher from AA offering $50 for only boxed meal in first class on a domestic flight. I think AA handled this well, but I wish I had received the email before the flight warning me no meal would be served. I would have brought some food on the plane better than a power bar. But all in all, thank you for the voucher AA. The boxed meals for breakfast are hard to pick around if have any dietary restrictions. The lunch meals are a little easier.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by uscjeff
LAX/LHR in J on 1/22 has full pre selection online. Crazy all the different "special" meals now!

Any idea what the special meals are? Any one ever see one? Trying to decide between special meal and Japanese meal for my LAX-NRT trip on Jan 16.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by Blondeonboard
Any idea what the special meals are? Any one ever see one? Trying to decide between special meal and Japanese meal for my LAX-NRT trip on Jan 16.
I wouldn’t plan on pre-selections even if offered to be accurate.

Quality of food was very low on 169 today. Much worse than typical JAL J class even while the menu looked very similar and from what I understand this flight is catered by JALs partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.