Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Am a Gold. Flew in early November (11/8) when this first started in economy on a discount MileSAAver award flying LAX-MIA-MXP. The LAX-MIA flight was a morning one. Since I was in Y I didn't plan on eating on the plane - that's what the AC is for, but I got a $100 voucher before the flight from AA. Thanks, AA!

My friend is a Plat. He flew yesterday (12/18) in paid J on a LAX-IAD morning flight. He got a $50 voucher. He got the same box-o-english muffin, hardboiled egg and berries described above. He's not happy, particularly since he knows I got $100 while flying in un-paid Y and of lower status. He's thinking of doing a complaint. Does he have a case for at least some kind of compensation?
I would try. AA goofed when compensating you at all since you were in Y.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: EXP since '98
193 LAX-HKG tonight.
I asked about catering and agent said catering has been restored.
Still no pre-ordering available.
Boarding in a few minutes, so we'll see.

At least I can SEE a catering truck outside the aircraft loading something...
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
Yuck! Thanks for asking! Tomorrow I'm on a 3.5hrs American Eagle regional flight, and the E75 just goes to and from LAX on its long regionals, so I'm guessing it will be nothing at all for me. Thumbs down to AA. So AAnnoying.
You're in luck. AA Eagle Regionals originating in LAX are catered by a different company yet again, so everything should be fine on your flight.
It truly is very confusing, no idea how many caterers AA is using in LAX these days, but AA Eagle should be unaffected.
OneWorldSapphire likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by L84thesky
193 LAX-HKG tonight.
I asked about catering and agent said catering has been restored.
Still no pre-ordering available.
Boarding in a few minutes, so we'll see.

At least I can SEE a catering truck outside the aircraft loading something...
Catering has been restored for the HKG route for a few weeks now. I took this flight back on December 3 and it was already back to normal, just didn't have the wines listed (although there were 2 reds, 2 whites, and champagne as is standard for J on this route) or pre-ordering back up yet. New casper bedding is fantastic.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
I would try. AA goofed when compensating you at all since you were in Y.
It wasn't a goof. Everyone on the flight in Y got the same voucher and reports on this thread from that week shared the same compensation on other flights, with the exception of those in J who got $200 vouchers.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Because I know you’re all missing the couscous and orzo salad. AA 6026 (LAX-XNA) today had full catering. I’ve never been so happy to see cold chicken salad and sour white wine! I enjoyed every bit of it. Wishing you all similar catering luck.

Last edited by OneWorldSapphire; Dec 20, 2017 at 7:55 pm
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Originally Posted by lds89
Catering has been restored for the HKG route for a few weeks now. I took this flight back on December 3 and it was already back to normal, just didn't have the wines listed (although there were 2 reds, 2 whites, and champagne as is standard for J on this route) or pre-ordering back up yet. New casper bedding is fantastic.
I wouldn't say fully restored. Yes there is catering on it. Yes the quality of that foods seems to be so much better then any other flight I have been on out of lax while flying AA since I started using them in july of 2014(my inaugural flight was dfw-hkg in business)

I was in FC on Monday night. The dining options on the plane are back to the old first class dining. No choice of sides, no ice cream sunday(but the blueberry cheesecake was excellent), no wine list, and very limited mid flight options. I know first world problems of FC.

But I also don't know how much changed before November and if some of the missing/changes were because of changes from before. The last lax-hkg FC flight I had was in july.

But overall probably the best experience on AA going to HKG ever. Great Casper bedding, food quality seemed off the charts, and friendly staff.

Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Just flew from LAX-DFW (AA2462) in First on a 772. Had the infamous turkey wrap in a box that I know you all have been dying to see a picture of.. but it wouldn't let me upload until I have 5 posts.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Now that I have 5 posts... here it is!

AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iamjlau
Now that I have 5 posts... here it is!

Just unbelievable.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
Just unbelievable.
Pathetic? Yes. But totally believable with the LCC HP gang.
But as long as people buy their tickets, what's the incentive to do anything different and reverse the race to the bottom?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
What makes even less sense to me is why mainline can’t pay for catering alternatives, while Eagle has been seemingly unaffected or restored. Is it entirely seperate and different catering management? Can’t one learn from the other, or can they just trade catering contacts? The pax above and I both flew December 20, both flights of similar distance and time. LAX-DFW got the pathetic box, but LAX-XNA had full usual catering? I would have expected the opposite, even though ticket price may be comparible. I know it’s complicated, that’s been written several times, but if they can figure it out for their Eagle LAX flights...?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Still no option to pick on 1/14 or 1/21. The turkey wrap is OK for me, but I miss my lime in my vodka/7.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Box of yuck on LAX PHL this morning

Y
Originally Posted by SFO777
Pathetic? Yes. But totally believable with the LCC HP gang.
But as long as people buy their tickets, what's the incentive to do anything different and reverse the race to the bottom?
Plastic cups, box of something resemblIng a snack, truly astounding for an airline after 2 months of ability to find caterers, yet completely expected with AA. That's why I have been buying premium tickets on Star and Sky instead of this disgraceful failure of airline
AANYC1981, Austin787 and DCP2016 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Any idea what we might get on a 1:30 PM flight from LAX to DCA... 5 hour flight time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.