Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Flight 2420 LAX - DFW 12/11

No food, including packaged food for this 6am flight due to "catering health issues." There was no mentioned about this at the gate before boarding. At 6am, it would have been nice to know so we could have got something in the terminal (not much at 530am at LAX). Contacted AA and they did not really care, said they are still trying to resolve the issues.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just booked JetBlue Mint outbound LAX-JFK and Delta One on my return for just over 1/2 the price AA wants. Adios Dougie.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Just booked JetBlue Mint outbound LAX-JFK and Delta One on my return for just over 1/2 the price AA wants. Adios Dougie.
Interesting..... I was just looking at this route today for later next year ad saw AA J for under $600 and F under $900. What did you pay?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Great job AA. Keep coming up with excuses. Other carriers have figured it out. WOW!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by kettle1
Great job AA. Keep coming up with excuses. Other carriers have figured it out. WOW!
its totally unacceptable at this point
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
its totally unacceptable at this point
Ummm... how many times, exactly, do you need to say that in this thread? Do you believe you anonymously declaring it "unacceptable" on FT every couple days has any actual material impact on the situation?

Are you just bored?

Regards
ijgordon and DataPlumber like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by scubadu
Ummm... how many times, exactly, do you need to say that in this thread? Do you believe you anonymously declaring it "unacceptable" on FT every couple days has any actual material impact on the situation?

Are you just bored?

Regards
yep I am bored in New York City. And it’s totally unacceptable too! are you bored that you’re paying that much attention? Hmmmmm

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 15, 2017 at 5:38 am
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu

Are you just bored?

Regards
The "unacceptable" aspect of the Listeria Hysteria is that it just continues unabated. If AANYC1981 was posting twice a week about something permanent that's unlikely to change (like the wretched "moving" Zodiac seats), then I would understand your callout about the multiple complaints.

The catering issue is a totally different animal. This should have been fixed by now, with better communication and transparency provided to both employees and passengers. Truly.

Upper management at a company the size of American Airlines is supposed to be the best in their field. However, in this instance, the catering failure just continues. The Corporation's board of directors and CEO Doug Parker should be ashamed of themselves. They behave like politicians, hoping the "sheep" won't notice their lackluster performance with regard to this matter.

I respect customers who communicate with a company when the transaction goes right AND when it goes bad. This is bad.
TSparky, AANYC1981 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, I usually see it entirely the other way around. I guess you found the two AA flights that happens to be nearly full in J and are using that for your comparison?

Originally Posted by jcatman
The catering issue is a totally different animal. This should have been fixed by now, with better communication and transparency provided to both employees and passengers. Truly.
But it's complicated!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Interesting..... I was just looking at this route today for later next year ad saw AA J for under $600 and F under $900. What did you pay?
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Interesting, I usually see it entirely the other way around. I guess you found the two AA flights that happens to be nearly full in J and are using that for your comparison?
It was for late January.
• LAX-JFK was $709 on B6 vs. $1,109 on AA, although I just changed my B6 flight to LAX-BOS at $599.
• JFK-LAX was $559 on DL vs. $1,109 on AA.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Not sure why anyone would really fly AA out of LAX at this point. It's not like there aren't other options. Now if this had happened at DFW or something...
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Hopefully this issue gets fixed by May. I have a LAX-SYD flight in J on 5/22/2018. It's one thing to have no catering on a relatively short flight like LAX-DFW or LAX-AUS, but I bet people won't be happy to have no food onboard a 15 hour flight like LAX-SYD.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:06 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Any update on the lax-jfk catering situation? While the flagship lounge being opens eases the pain, word was that this route should be fully fixed by now.

tickets were booked pre-listeria hysteria otherwise I wouldn’t have book it on AA...
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
Not sure why anyone would really fly AA out of LAX at this point. It's not like there aren't other options. Now if this had happened at DFW or something...
If you do not usually eat airline food it's a moot point. I for one do not take into consideration the onboard food options when making a booking. I wish I had more transcon's booked during this period, as the $200 voucher I received on my last flight was a welcome surprise.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm on flight 172 (LAX/JFK) on Jan 13 and there is no option for menu choices. It appears that the catering issue at LAX even for this transcon route is yet to be resolved. I'm in F (seat 1A).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.