Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.
Zacnlinc and TWA884 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like you'd be lucky to get any dessert.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Sounds like you'd be lucky to get any dessert.
LMAO......
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Does anybody know if we have normal meal service on LAX-HKG tonight? I asked a phone agent two days ago, but she said possible because no meal choices on the flight, but she wasn't sure...
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Only Discount Doogie would let this drag on so long... He paid his pilots double after the December scheduling mistake, surely he could have offered to pay a caterer double to prepare food for a few weeks (assuming that the caterer would have to ramp up quickly with overtime costs, higher raw materials cost, etc.) until everything sorted itself out.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by formeraa
Only Discount Doogie would let this drag on so long... He paid his pilots double after the December scheduling mistake, surely he could have offered to pay a caterer double to prepare food for a few weeks (assuming that the caterer would have to ramp up quickly with overtime costs, higher raw materials cost, etc.) until everything sorted itself out.
Come on now. Just because Delta solved the problem in a matter of days...

Originally Posted by JonNYC
It's a complicated problem and the folks here who think they know what's what, most definitely don't.
AANYC1981 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
Does anybody know if we have normal meal service on LAX-HKG tonight? I asked a phone agent two days ago, but she said possible because no meal choices on the flight, but she wasn't sure...
Just got off 193 and catering was 100% including full Casper setup. The menu that was posted up thread was the menu that was served.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bchandler02
So tell us, wise one, how would someone change their flight plans, without fee and able to replace it at a similar cost, for a flight they booked prior to the latest entry in DUIDouggie's book of failures?

People are tolerating this because many do not have a choice and their travel plans were already locked. And many more probably made the reasonable assumption that 6+ weeks later it would be resolved, so those booking in early November didn't think they would have to worry about this. Clearly DL showed that it can be done, AA showed that they are not capable of it.
I tolerate the catering mess because I don’t decide my travel arrangements based on airline food and AA has convenient schedules and a nice J seat and best airport experiences with my EXP status. Hands down, AA still wins. I get plenty of better food in the QF lounges anyways.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Sounds like a monumental waste of time to me.

It's a complicated problem and the folks here who think they know what's what, most definitely don't.
JonNYC -- I agree that this it is a very complicated problem, but so was the pilot scheduling fiasco -- which was solved within a week. It sounds like someone in management didn't want to spend enough money to resolve the catering issue quickly. IMHO, within two weeks, all of the international flights should have been catered correctly. Then, in another two weeks, all the domestic flights should have been catered properly.
MAH4546 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
It’s one fiasco after another with these morons running AA....it certainly isn’t helping employee morale and I am definitely booking all of my LAX business away from AA until this is definitively fixed.
MAH4546 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by formeraa
JonNYC -- I agree that this it is a very complicated problem, but so was the pilot scheduling fiasco -- which was solved within a week.
The scheduling problem was relatively easy to fix. They just threw money at it. The only real hurdle was the union. Catering is a totally different deal with so many moving parts that just throwing money at it won't necessarily solve it quickly. Do you think AA enjoys sending people $100/$200/miles each time they screw this up? Additionally outright cancelling hundreds of flights would have an even greater negative impact on AA than having flights go out with substandard catering... I agree that it's a fiasco but you are comparing apples and oranges.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Last night on LAX-DFW on the 777. No email, no announcement, and no snack cart. SWU didn't clear again and found out no food in economy.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Catering is a totally different deal with so many moving parts that just throwing money at it won't necessarily solve it quickly.
Yeah, yeah, it's incredibly complex and impossible to solve quickly... unless your name is Delta.

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Do you think AA enjoys sending people $100/$200/miles each time they screw this up?
Puleeese. AA is not sending any money to anyone. They are sending credits which may or may not be used. And even if the are used, do they really cost AA anything?
One thing is certain though, ex-LAX catering costs are a lot less than they were before November.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:35 pm

Regarding the vouchers for limited catering, I have a LAX-JFK redeye in F this weekend. If not fixed, when does one receive the email denoting a voucher. I am using my BA FF# (OWE) instead of my AA FF#.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Regarding the vouchers for limited catering, I have a LAX-JFK redeye in F this weekend. If not fixed, when does one receive the email denoting a voucher. I am using my BA FF# (OWE) instead of my AA FF#.
I've never received a proactive email; I've just complained through the AA site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.