FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:34 am
matrixwalker2012
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bchandler02
So tell us, wise one, how would someone change their flight plans, without fee and able to replace it at a similar cost, for a flight they booked prior to the latest entry in DUIDouggie's book of failures?

People are tolerating this because many do not have a choice and their travel plans were already locked. And many more probably made the reasonable assumption that 6+ weeks later it would be resolved, so those booking in early November didn't think they would have to worry about this. Clearly DL showed that it can be done, AA showed that they are not capable of it.
I tolerate the catering mess because I don’t decide my travel arrangements based on airline food and AA has convenient schedules and a nice J seat and best airport experiences with my EXP status. Hands down, AA still wins. I get plenty of better food in the QF lounges anyways.