Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by marnold3
I'm on flight 172 (LAX/JFK) on Jan 13 and there is no option for menu choices. It appears that the catering issue at LAX even for this transcon route is yet to be resolved. I'm in F (seat 1A).
enjoy your “FIRST CLASS” experience
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Actually I probably will enjoy the flight. I try not to let situations such as this destroy my equilibrium.
jhartvu likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marnold3
Actually I probably will enjoy the flight. I try not to let situations such as this destroy my equilibrium.
If there's limited food and drink, what's there to "enjoy" actually? Even compared to F, I'm more comfortable on my couch at home watching movies.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I'm booked in F on a lengthy (4hrs - lengthy at least for a regional jet) morning (10am) AA Eagle flight next week, and I booked pre-listeria issue or otherwise would not have booked AA. I know we don't get hot meals on the ERJ-175, but it's pretty dependable that I always get offered the cold option being used on LAX-DFW. Typically it's the continental breakfast on the outbound morning flight, and some cold couscous variety on the afternoon inbound.

Anyway: what are they now doing during this crisis for morning (10am) flights? Can one still depend on a continental breakfast being offered, or will it be nothing at all for AA Eagle? Also, please for the love of heaven, tell me they are still stocking drinks, especially wine, for F? I need a few glasses of white wine to get me through a 4+hrs regional flight.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
Also, please for the love of heaven, tell me they are still stocking drinks, especially wine, for F? I need a few glasses of white wine to get me through a 4+hrs regional flight.
Yikes, you actually drink the swill AA tries to pass off as wine on domestic flights??
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Smile

Originally Posted by SFO777
Yikes, you actually drink the swill AA tries to pass off as wine on domestic flights??
On such a lengthy American Eagle flight on a regional aircraft, YES! It's all I can look forward to. I always ask for white wine with ice - the ice numbs the flavor and makes it drinkable.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
I'm booked in F on a lengthy (4hrs - lengthy at least for a regional jet) morning (10am) AA Eagle flight next week, and I booked pre-listeria issue or otherwise would not have booked AA. I know we don't get hot meals on the ERJ-175, but it's pretty dependable that I always get offered the cold option being used on LAX-DFW. Typically it's the continental breakfast on the outbound morning flight, and some cold couscous variety on the afternoon inbound.

Anyway: what are they now doing during this crisis for morning (10am) flights? Can one still depend on a continental breakfast being offered, or will it be nothing at all for AA Eagle? Also, please for the love of heaven, tell me they are still stocking drinks, especially wine, for F? I need a few glasses of white wine to get me through a 4+hrs regional flight.
As you probably already know, the "quinoa" and the "couscous" served on AA flights are impervious to any strain of listeria.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Tcon and Flagship are getting normal catering per AA.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold
I tweeted a bit with AA about no meal choices out of LAX for Jan. They pulled it and dont have an ETA for it to return. Also said they expect the issue (the actual catering issue) to be "resolved shortly" They did confirm normal meal service for Tcon and Flagship routes tho. Flying LAX-HND J 1/21 so we will see. Also LAX-JFK in J on the 28th

Last edited by USAIRCHAIRMAN; Dec 15, 2017 at 3:42 pm
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:51 pm

I am flying LAX-HND on 12/24 and am already dreading it.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
I am flying LAX-HND on 12/24 and am already dreading it.
I flew this route two weeks ago and the catering was fine. I posted the menu further up in this thread.
DetroitFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by cubuffaloes2004

Here was the menu for AA 27 LAX to HND on 12/1 in business (pre order on AA.com was never available).

For or what it’s worth - as we were getting off the plane the flight attendants were speaking about the new caterer and how much better the food was - especially the Japanese option.
That's good to know because I am likely to order the Japanese meal on 12/24
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ijgordon
If there's limited food and drink, what's there to "enjoy" actually? Even compared to F, I'm more comfortable on my couch at home watching movies.
Does your couch transport you across the country?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Does anybody have any Intel on the LAX-HKG route if everything is back to normal?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Any news on Lax-Lhr ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.