Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Regarding the vouchers for limited catering, I have a LAX-JFK redeye in F this weekend. If not fixed, when does one receive the email denoting a voucher. I am using my BA FF# (OWE) instead of my AA FF#.
Earlier this month, I flew JFK-LAX in F, with the trip credited to my British Airways FF#. The email with the apology, and the second email with the voucher link, appeared within one hour of landing at LAX.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:41 pm

flying LAX-ATL in 73H first class this week (not the premium transcon), so what can i expect onboard? should i get my meal at the terminal? do they give you any compensation if no meal is provided onboard 737?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
flying LAX-ATL in 73H first class this week (not the premium transcon), so what can i expect onboard? should i get my meal at the terminal? do they give you any compensation if no meal is provided onboard 737?
Question #1 : What can I expect onboard? Answer: Expect the unexpected.

Question #2 : Should I get my meal at the terminal? Answer: Yes.

Question #3 : Do they give you any compensation if no meal is provided onboard 737? Answer: See the answer to Question #1 above.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
"Lunch" replaced by "Food for Purchase" on LAX-JFK in First

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I don't often visit this part of FT. We have just received notification that on our flight in First from LAX to JFK in April our meal has changed from "Lunch" to "Food for Purchase". Does anyone know what is happening and if it is true what we will be able to buy? Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I donīt think you will have to buy something, because this is AAīs domestic Flagship service. The only thing I can imagine is, that they are giving out the Food for Purchase options to F passengers, because of the Listeria issue of Gate Gourmet for free. But itīs still 4 months until your flight, by then they will have figured something out.

Cheers
enpremiere likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Anyone have experience asking AA to provide AAdv miles rather than the $200 voucher?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Going for great.
jdanton and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by tuff
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I don't often visit this part of FT. We have just received notification that on our flight in First from LAX to JFK in April our meal has changed from "Lunch" to "Food for Purchase". Does anyone know what is happening and if it is true what we will be able to buy? Thanks.
This is what is *currently* going on, but I'm surprised if they think that it will still affect flights in April:
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Was just looking at my 1/9 PHX-LAX-HKG outbound and the Reserve a Meal link is still there but it's not active so don't see that I can select anything. Like everyone else, I just can't believe this is taking so long to resolve.

Haven't spent my voucher yet for my 11/22 LAX-HKG segment, but here's hoping I can bag another one lol.

I did use SWU's to upgrade from J to F on this trip, so I was looking forward to seeing what AA's food offering is, but looks like maybe it will be red or white with chicken or pasta again. :-(
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
As much as I'd like to see this actually happen, it's just a glitch that shows up from time to time.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - What did AA say when you called to ask for facts?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by EDDMflyer
I donīt think you will have to buy something, because this is AAīs domestic Flagship service. The only thing I can imagine is, that they are giving out the Food for Purchase options to F passengers, because of the Listeria issue of Gate Gourmet for free. But itīs still 4 months until your flight, by then they will have figured something out.

Cheers
Right. Most would have thought that 6 weeks after, they'd have something figured out (like DL did). Never underestimate AA's ability to win the race to the bottom.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Anyone have experience asking AA to provide AAdv miles rather than the $200 voucher?
I had a flight in paid J LAX-JFK. I received the voucher for $100 but wrote to Customer Relations and politely asked for 5,000 miles as I didn't think $100 was sufficient. They granted my request and the miles were in my account within 5 days.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Right. Most would have thought that 6 weeks after, they'd have something figured out (like DL did). Never underestimate AA's ability to win the race to the bottom.
Sure looks like someone at the head office realized that a Listeria outbreak seems to have the positive effect of cutting catering costs!
SFO777 and bchandler02 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
Sure looks like someone at the head office realized that a Listeria outbreak seems to have the positive effect of cutting catering costs!
That MBA is going places!
Dallas49er, SFO777 and bchandler02 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.