Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: "Sticker" / 500-mile E-Upgrades & EXP "UDU" Upgrades (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: "Sticker" / 500-mile E-Upgrades & EXP "UDU" Upgrades (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; Hilton Diamond
This is an extremely common issue for me that I have experienced a number of times over the last 4 years. If AA wants to invest in IT improvements, this is definitely one that I would appreciate.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:16 pm

using upgrade stickers

Hello everyone, I'm traveling with my platinum wife. i was wondering if we could try to upgrade using stickers on my non-elite account ?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Yes you can.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:03 pm

500 miles or less upgrade ?

This is my 1st time flying American on this year. How does the 500 miles or less upgrade works for elites? Ir mention that it is unlimited, auto-requested complimentary upgrades. Do I need to do anything special on check in to request it?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by ilkhats44
This is my 1st time flying American on this year. How does the 500 miles or less upgrade works for elites? Ir mention that it is unlimited, auto-requested complimentary upgrades. Do I need to do anything special on check in to request it?
This benefit does not exist yet-- it will start once the FF programs officially merge in the next few months. For now, you will need to check a box at the time of booking (or later) and use one of your 500-mile upgrades.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I remember reading somewhere that it starts April 1. Could be a cruel April Fools joke.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by OsoJoe
I remember reading somewhere that it starts April 1. Could be a cruel April Fools joke.
Begins in "second quarter 2015" per AA. Some people make the incorrect assumption that means the very first day (it probably won't), since Q2 is 4/1 - 6/30.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:16 pm
Suspended

500 Mile stickers expire?

At the Admirals lounge in DFW, I heard an agent tell a passenger that 500 mile stickers expire after a year. I asked her if that applied to Plat/EXP etc and she said it applied to everyone ...

Weird.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by inpd
At the Admirals lounge in DFW, I heard an agent tell a passenger that 500 mile stickers expire after a year. I asked her if that applied to Plat/EXP etc and she said it applied to everyone ...

Weird.
Pure, unadulterated rubbish; unless your account lapses, it applies to no one. I've been EP / EXP since 2002, and still have several remaining stickers in my account (I've used quite a few for upgrading travelling companions).
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by inpd

Weird.
Fortunately the AAngels don't make the rules. Unfortunately, most of them don't know the rules, as the case here. I've had stickers in my account for several years now.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDiver
Pure, unadulterated rubbish; unless your account lapses, it applies to no one. I've been EP / EXP since 2002, and still have several remaining stickers in my account (I've used quite a few for upgrading travelling companions).
I'm always surprised how fundamentally wrong what some of the AA reps tell me. I don't see how you could work for this company and be so confident that your right and be so wrong.

I remember arguing once with an Admirals Club agent that I should be allowed into the club (international transfer flying AA metal in and out). She was adamant I couldn't be let in. Fortunately, some fellow passengers piped up that half the people in the lounge were in my situation and to ask them! Priceless!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Question re: 500 mile elite upgrade vouchers

I will shortly make it to AA Gold with several 500 mile upgrades also posting simultaneously to my account.

Later this spring, I plan to be on a domestic AA first flight with another family member who will be on the same flight but on a separate record locator (both tickets have been purchased on existing paid fares.)

My question: will the family member be allowed to use my AA 500 mile upgrades even though we are not on the same record locator?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 10K counter doesn't start until you become Gold.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I will shortly make it to AA Gold with several 500 mile upgrades also posting simultaneously to my account.

Later this spring, I plan to be on a domestic AA first flight with another family member who will be on the same flight but on a separate record locator (both tickets have been purchased on existing paid fares.)

My question: will the family member be allowed to use my AA 500 mile upgrades even though we are not on the same record locator?
Are you sure you get upgrades just for making Gold?
Is this via a promotion? As the other poster noted, you do not get normally get upgrades until flying 10K miles after making Gold
I have been able to use upgrades for a family member not on the same record locator, as well as get them in preferred seats based on my status.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW

Not online. You'll need to call to request the companion upgrade, the agent will attach the PNRs and then put the request in. You can also do it at the airport on departure day, at the ticket counter or the gate..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.