Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Makes you think that the snack towers of sadness are there for a reason - to limit the dispensing rate for snack items.
On multiple occasions I've seen people with XL ziplock bags stocking up from the snack towers - truly revolting.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
I've been encouraged to take a few snacks with me when I'm checking in for an early flight at the AC for a cup of coffee and they see I won't have much time. And at those temp pop up ACs where renos are being done they over encourage to take more and more of the snacks with you (do you want a bag; you're only taking one; etc). I've also been poured an alcoholic drink in a to-go cup by a bartender before. Who cares.

Like everything in life - this is about moderation / reasonability. Taking a drink, or a Pellegrino bottle from the flagship, or a brownie or granola bar? Whatever. Doing what I've seen others do in other lounges - in BA GF T5 taking whole boxes of tea; or the filling up zip lock bags; come on. There's a big difference
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
On multiple occasions I've seen people with XL ziplock bags stocking up from the snack towers - truly revolting.
I witnessed this horrendous act a few weeks ago at DFW A.

As I was walking by I muttered clearly enough for this guy to hear "cheapness is a disease".
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by lds89
I've been encouraged to take a few snacks with me when I'm checking in for an early flight at the AC for a cup of coffee and they see I won't have much time. And at those temp pop up ACs where renos are being done they over encourage to take more and more of the snacks with you (do you want a bag; you're only taking one; etc). I've also been poured an alcoholic drink in a to-go cup by a bartender before. Who cares.

Like everything in life - this is about moderation / reasonability. Taking a drink, or a Pellegrino bottle from the flagship, or a brownie or granola bar? Whatever. Doing what I've seen others do in other lounges - in BA GF T5 taking whole boxes of tea; or the filling up zip lock bags; come on. There's a big difference
Well said!

And honestly, the pre-made sammys at the BOS pop up club are pretty decent. Especially if I'm routing through CLT, which always seems to go out of the low Bs, I'll stop by an grab one for the flight. As for the adult beverage to go, I'm sure some on here believe that to be a crime on par with human trafficking but I just see it as being recognized by the bar staff as a good patron
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
As for the adult beverage to go, I'm sure some on here believe that to be a crime on par with human trafficking but I just see it as being recognized by the bar staff as a good patron
The differences in opinions on adult beverages probably reflects the wide variety of laws in different locales.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Currently in the MIA E AC it's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and the other dip is Ranch. Soups are Roasted Chicken Noodle and Mushroom Bisque. The latter plus their potato salad, and I'm a happy camper. A decent assortment of self-pour doesn't hurt, either.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:39 pm

Guilty as charged

I am here to confess my crimes Mr. Judge.

I love to take 2-3 bottles of the sparkling water from LHR FL or AC. I love that stuff.

If you must drink water that is.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I always take a couple of water bottles from the FL for in-flight. I drink a lot of water and usually the FAs can’t keep up with my water intake
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Segments

The differences in opinions on adult beverages probably reflects the wide variety of laws in different locales.
Local laws really make little to no difference if the passenger intends to take the beverage with them onboard and consumes said beverage onboard. TBF, the last time I saw this occur was at the UA Club in LAX; can't recall the last time I saw it in an AC.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:35 pm

The new wasabi mix of nuts in ORD H/K is great. Definitely trying to route through Chicago instead of DFW due to the better food.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frequentflight
The new wasabi mix of nuts in ORD H/K is great. Definitely trying to route through Chicago instead of DFW due to the better food.
New? what is different? More nuts?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Frequentflight
Wasabi nut mix also available in CLT
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
New? what is different? More nuts?
New as in new offering from the towers of sadness. It’s a mix of almonds, cashews, and wasabi peas. Very good assuming you like wasabi.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:49 am

Winter is coming according to the BOS AC catering: New England clam chowder was on offer yesterday.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Winter is coming according to the BOS AC catering: New England clam chowder was on offer yesterday.
oh my fav! I'm done with the chicken orzo. It's been on rotation for months. I'll be at dfw A Wednesday. I hope it's there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.