Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Advice

can someone please help. Flying LAX to HND on AA metal. All four of us - two couples- are in J. I myself am CK.

I know now we have access to the lounge, but do we have access to Dining?

thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by JBauer
can someone please help. Flying LAX to HND on AA metal. All four of us - two couples- are in J. I myself am CK.

I know now we have access to the lounge, but do we have access to Dining?

thanks.
Did you read the wiki? Specifically mentioned in that wiki: it’s an F-only lounge (last I checked J is not F, so you flying J doesn’t count for access) and no CK exception for access by rule.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Love your hostility

I hope you get off on your hostility. Makes me pity you.

I’ve accessed Dining in JFK as a CK flying J, so maybe that was an error?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I hope you get off on your hostility. Makes me pity you.
What is the non-hostile way of saying "the thread you are posting in has a wiki that answers your questions, have you tried reading it?" so I can use it more often, in a way that doesn't come off as an insult (and I apologize for the insult you have taken)? I'm not trying to elicit your pity, more to say "FT wikis like this are awesome, informative and meant to answer basic questions, please use them and THEN ask questions when they're not clear or covering your question".

I’ve accessed Dining in JFK as a CK flying J, so maybe that was an error?

Could be (it seems to not be covered, but it wouldn't shock me if a CK got "above and beyond" at times). You weren't trying to bring in three non-CK guests who also didn't qualify for access, were you? It would seem that might also affect the "above and beyond"-ness you get. Certainly one can always ask for something not covered by the rules mentioned above- at worst you get a "no".
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Was told yesterday by agents at SFO and at LAX that CKs don’t have access to dining.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold

Originally Posted by Global321
I thought FFD was only available from the qualifying departing airport. (You can do Flagship check-in at any airport along the way, even on separate tickets.)

For CX First, you have FFD access at the departing airport only, not the connecting airport. (You have access to FL everywhere on the outbound, even on separate tickets.)

As for the two vs one ticket, I find that hard to believe that is the reason. Think of this (made up) scenario... a single qualifying itinerary that was a strange routing...
MIA-JFK, 2-cabin first
JFK-LAX, 3-cabin business
LAX-XXX, 3-cabin International First (qualifying flight)

It would seem a bit odd to give you Flagship First Dining in Miami, then JFK then LAX, if your only FFD flight was the LAX-XXX outbound.
I recently flew Mia jfk (J) jfk lax (F) and had access in all 3 cities. It's definitely arriving as well. See here screenshsc from AA when I asked about it. I also flew lax JFK (F) and again used it on the inbound when i got to JFK which was actually the next mornmor when i arrived.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by potus18
Was told yesterday by agents at SFO and at LAX that CKs don’t have access to dining.
There is no access to dining by status.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
I've looked and tweeted AA but can't get a straight answer.

Flying Flagship first transcon, can you use FFD as an arrival lounge without an onward flight on AA/oneworld @ LAX or JFK? For instance landing early at JFK on a redeye... can't check in to hotel so FFD breakfast would be nice and shower.

EDIT: AA Twitter team responded and said OK to use as arrival lounge

Last edited by kar don; Feb 8, 2018 at 11:11 am
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Member

Just a quick note - at JFK last week, they were asking for a copy of the white card and your boarding pass. When I asked if I was getting it back (not sure what she would have done if I just had it on my phone) and she said yes. I think she went and got a duplicate - so when you check-in, make sure you get an extra copy of your boarding pass. I noted on the desk in FSD that each invitation has a BP with it. In LAX, they did not - just the invitation card on which they had written my flight and departure time.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
How is "marketed and operated" interpreted? I am flying first on AA metal but on a BA ticket (i.e. my ticket says BA 1528 LHR-MIA instead of AA39). Does that mean that I don't have access to FFD in Miami? (I am connecting to another flight.) I know I'll still have access to the Flagship lounge but the dining room seems like it's worth checking out.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
How is "marketed and operated" interpreted? I am flying first on AA metal but on a BA ticket (i.e. my ticket says BA 1528 LHR-MIA instead of AA39). Does that mean that I don't have access to FFD in Miami? (I am connecting to another flight.) I know I'll still have access to the Flagship lounge but the dining room seems like it's worth checking out.
Operated by: the airline operating the flight (some here refer to it as “metal”)

Marketed by: the airline (and flight) appearing on your ticket and boarding pass

E.g. BA 1528 (marketed by BA) operated by AA - no access, sorry.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by JDiver
Operated by: the airline operating the flight (some here refer to it as “metal”)

Marketed by: the airline (and flight) appearing on your ticket and boarding pass

E.g. BA 1528 (marketed by BA) operated by AA - no access, sorry.
That's right. FFD is like the CCR or Qatar F lounge in Doha - not a OW lounge. AA only allows it's own F passengers on certain flights in, just like BA does at the JFK and LHR concorde rooms. Since it's operated by AA maybe they give you an exception but don't expect it
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:11 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by lds89
That's right. FFD is like the CCR or Qatar F lounge in Doha - not a OW lounge. AA only allows it's own F passengers on certain flights in, just like BA does at the JFK and LHR concorde rooms. Since it's operated by AA maybe they give you an exception but don't expect it
Since everyone on this site claims all of flying to/from LHR is revenue neutral, I do not understand why an AA vs BA flight number should matter.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Since everyone on this site claims all of flying to/from LHR is revenue neutral, I do not understand why an AA vs BA flight number should matter.
We don’t claim, we know the AA-AY-BA-IB JBA is revenue neutral transatlantic.

And Flagship First Dining is not subject to one world lounge access rules any more than the LHR Concorde Room. And you won’t access the CCR on BA First operated by AA, either.

There are many instances of oneworld airline lounges that fall outside of oneworld access rules. Qatar probably has the greatest number of such (both in DOH and elsewhere), and AA Flagship Dining, BA CCR, some BA and IB dining, AA and BA Arrivals Lounges, etc. have their own, specific access requirements.

AA Flagship Lounges are oneworld First Lounges - that have expanded, more liberal access rules than most.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:34 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by JDiver
We don’t claim, we know the AA-AY-BA-IB JBA is revenue neutral transatlantic.

And Flagship First Dining is not subject to one world lounge access rules any more than the LHR Concorde Room. And you won’t access the CCR on BA First operated by AA, either.

There are many instances of oneworld airline lounges that fall outside of oneworld access rules. Qatar probably has the greatest number of such (both in DOH and elsewhere), and AA Flagship Dining, BA CCR, some BA and IB dining, AA and BA Arrivals Lounges, etc. have their own, specific access requirements.

AA Flagship Lounges are oneworld First Lounges - that have expanded, more liberal access rules than most.
It does not "feel" revenue neutral to me. Anytime I need a change (operational and/or weather) AA always refuses to change carriers for me. Second, if it is the same money in AA's pocket regardless of AA or BA flight number, I just don't get why they care. [I understand all of that the other stuff on OW rules, Qatar, etc. but they make sense to me. For instance, QR has a vested interest in from whom the passenger bought the ticket. so they restrict lounge access.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.