Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by ikwia
I"m not sure about this. Are you saying that because it's an award ticket? When I asked about BA F access in DFW a few days after they opened, they specifically said full fare paid F only, but since then, agents in MIA have said that is incorrect and that DFW follows the same rules that they do in MIA, and that F BA award tickets are granted access.

Anyone have additional data? jdbcc, in this case, regardless of what's posted here, I would suggest trying...can't hurt!
Not because it is an award ticket. It is they don't do BA/CX/etc on arrival. AFAIK only AA Flagship First flights on arrival.

But no, it does not hurt to ask on arrival. (I plan to ask in a few days at JFK when I arrive on CX First.)
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Global321
Not because it is an award ticket. It is they don't do BA/CX/etc on arrival. AFAIK only AA Flagship First flights on arrival.

But no, it does not hurt to ask on arrival. (I plan to ask in a few days at JFK when I arrive on CX First.)
I have had FFD in MIA on arrival from a BA F flight.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:00 am

Interesting. I wonder if this is the same thing that we are seeing at JFK... agents are not sure what to do.

How long ago was it?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I"m not sure about this. Are you saying that because it's an award ticket? When I asked about BA F access in DFW a few days after they opened, they specifically said full fare paid F only, but since then, agents in MIA have said that is incorrect and that DFW follows the same rules that they do in MIA, and that F BA award tickets are granted access.

Anyone have additional data? jdbcc, in this case, regardless of what's posted here, I would suggest trying...can't hurt!

Interesting. I wonder if this is the same thing that we are seeing at JFK... agents are not sure what to do.

How long ago was it?
Pure speculation here, but perhaps airlines such as BA, CX are willing to pay AA for FFD for arriving flights (if connecting to another OW flight afterwards) when there is no F Lounge option for their F pax at the connecting airport. Thus allowed at MIA, but not LAX, for example.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Pure speculation here, but perhaps airlines such as BA, CX are willing to pay AA for FFD for arriving flights (if connecting to another OW flight afterwards) when there is no F Lounge option for their F pax at the connecting airport. Thus allowed at MIA, but not LAX, for example.
That is where this started... According to the AA lounge folks at JFK, CX is NOT willing to pay for FFD on arrival, thus most everyone is being turned away on arrival. (All CX passengers would have connecting flights, most likely on OW.) I know of two people in the last 30 days that were connecting OW at JFK and were denied access to FFD on arrival.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One

How long ago was it?
This was at the very end of May. I had previously asked a couple of agents about access as a BA F flyer, and they never distinguished between in-bound and outbound travel.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Obviously I’ll have access to FFD on Day 2 when leaving MIA but don’t know if I’ll have access when arriving at MIA on Day 1, even though I’m already in transit and presumably checked in with BPs in hand for my two upcoming flights.
Sorry if this is too late to be helpful...by policy, you won't have access on day 1. They seem to strictly enforce the "same day" rule...but it never hurts to try
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
This was at the very end of May. I had previously asked a couple of agents about access as a BA F flyer, and they never distinguished between in-bound and outbound travel.
I can confirm that in mid-July I flew out of DFW onto ORD in J on AA metal. I then flew onward from ORD to LHR on BA in F on the same PNR and was granted access to Flagship First dining in DFW, even though I was flying domestically in J on that leg.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by meunger11
I can confirm that in mid-July I flew out of DFW onto ORD in J on AA metal. I then flew onward from ORD to LHR on BA in F on the same PNR and was granted access to Flagship First dining in DFW, even though I was flying domestically in J on that leg.
Thanks for sharing...more data is always good. However, I think the 2 active questions are: 1) do BA F flyers get access on inbound flights (i.e., after they've already flown the BA F segment), and 2) do all BA F flyers get access, or only those with full fare F tickets. Perhaps you have data to offer regarding the second question?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:29 am

Thanks for sharing...more data is always good. However, I think the 2 active questions are: 1) do BA F flyers get access on inbound flights (i.e., after they've already flown the BA F segment), and 2) do all BA F flyers get access, or only those with full fare F tickets. Perhaps you have data to offer regarding the second question?
My pleasure! Great questions being posed here!

I can certainly speak to 2) I had a pretty in-depth conversation with an AAngel, as well as the employees in the Flagship First lounge and was told that no matter what type of fare, if you're in F on any OW carrier, you get access to the dining. Also, I was on an award ticket, so definitely not full F fare.

To point 1) In the same conversation, I was told that one would have access with a OW F inbound flight, but it was only in the context of connecting to an outbound.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:16 am

My pleasure! Great questions being posed here!

I can certainly speak to 2) I had a pretty in-depth conversation with an AAngel, as well as the employees in the Flagship First lounge and was told that no matter what type of fare, if you're in F on any OW carrier, you get access to the dining. Also, I was on an award ticket, so definitely not full F fare.

To point 1) In the same conversation, I was told that one would have access with a OW F inbound flight, but it was only in the context of connecting to an outbound.
Are you sure about FFD? I believe CX was limited to JFK only... aka no to LAX.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:48 am

Are you sure about FFD? I believe CX was limited to JFK only... aka no to LAX.
Yes. I was told that if you are flying legit first class on a flight with a separate F cabin from J on any OW carrier somewhere on your itinerary on that given day, you were admitted to FFD.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Yes. I was told that if you are flying legit first class on a flight with a separate F cabin from J on any OW carrier somewhere on your itinerary on that given day, you were admitted to FFD.
Not doubting what you were told, but certainly not part of the published access policy anywhere that I can find. From https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp

"

Access

If you’re flying on American Airlines in Flagship® First on qualifying international or transcontinental flights you automatically have access.*
"
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I had a pretty in-depth conversation with an AAngel, as well as the employees in the Flagship First lounge and was told that no matter what type of fare, if you're in F on any OW carrier, you get access to the dining.
This is most definitely and very clearly not the policy, but if some lounge agents are following it, then congratulations to those flyers lucky enough to get FFD access. I think the statement illustrates how widely variable lounge agents are. Some follow the policy strictly, while others deviate one way (such as the one who told you anyone in F on any OW airline gets FFD) or the other (reports here of being denied FFD access when entitled to it per policy).
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AA
I would be interested to know how this fits into policy as I've seen different interpretations of it:
  • Ticket 1 on AA stock with all AA segments (different PNR): Overnight flight in four cabin F: GRU > MIA (the 4-5 AM arrival so no FFD given the operating hours)
  • Ticket 2 on AA stock with all AA segments (different PNR): That very morning in domestic J: MIA > JFK (during normal operating FFD hours) > ORD
Is FFD eligible at JFK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.