Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

General tip. For transfer and terminal information check out
PARIS CHARLES de GAULLE (CDG) AIRPORT France
Also​​ there was discussion upthread about asking French agents about Priority. Second general tip. Greet the agent before asking your questions. If you don't the French consider you rude and they are likely not to be helpful. This is the opposite of the US where the employee is expected to get the customer.
Basic stuff, I know, but I've seen Americans in particular get totally swamped by this simple cultural difference.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Your AY departure from 2D will be Schengen while the 2A/2C area where the CX and AA lounges are are non-Schengen, so you will not be able to just walk back and forth. Once you land on AA at 2A, there should be a shuttle that will take you to 2D, just follow the signs.

Your profile says AY Gold (oneworld Sapphire)? If you have this status then you can use the AY contract lounge in 2D, according to the oneworld site the Sheltair Lounge.

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=CDG
Got it, that answers it all. Thank you!

Was hoping for access to the CX lounge for a shower, oh well. The contract lounge doesn't look all that appealing but I may check it out.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rickg523
Also​​ there was discussion upthread about asking French agents about Priority. Second general tip. Greet the agent before asking your questions. If you don't the French consider you rude and they are likely not to be helpful. This is the opposite of the US where the employee is expected to get the customer.
Basic stuff, I know, but I've seen Americans in particular get totally swamped by this simple cultural difference.
Thanks, that site make it a bit more clear on the process.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
So true, A simple “Bonjour Monsieur/Madame (even if a teenage girl) will take you kilometers farther.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:18 am

I am so glad you posted this. I was told to follow this rule several years ago and it applies to all interactions in France. We do this and find we rarely experience "rudeness" that some travelers complain about.

Last edited by o2bmmw; Jun 7, 2019 at 9:20 am Reason: clarification and grammar
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Your AY departure from 2D will be Schengen while the 2A/2C area where the CX and AA lounges are are non-Schengen, so you will not be able to just walk back and forth. Once you land on AA at 2A, there should be a shuttle that will take you to 2D, just follow the signs.

Your profile says AY Gold (oneworld Sapphire)? If you have this status then you can use the AY contract lounge in 2D, according to the oneworld site the Sheltair Lounge.

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=CDG
Wow! With all the times I have been in and out of CDG, and frequently wondered how who got parked in 2A/2C, not once did I make the quantum leap of Schengen/non Schengen. One of life’s little mysteries solved. Thanks.
ashill likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.