Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Why book onward if you were planning to visit Paris? The recent Daesh sponsored terrorism is not an indication of future risk. Not to mention the TGV station can provide easy and rapid transport to Amsterdam,Brussels, Provence etc. if you really feel you want to leave the City. (But, dis-moi pourquoi?)
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Why book onward if you were planning to visit Paris? The recent Daesh sponsored terrorism is not an indication of future risk. Not to mention the TGV station can provide easy and rapid transport to Amsterdam,Brussels, Provence etc. if you really feel you want to leave the City. (But, dis-moi pourquoi?)
Correct on all counts! However, we are going to Paris to attend a special event that may be getting moved elsewhere. If it is in fact moved, then staying in Paris may not be an option, even though I know full well it may end up being safer than the new location.

Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
You will need to clear customs. You will likely be able to check your bags through. You still may not see them when you arrive. CDG is an awful airport to connect from AA. I would do 5 hours connection vs 3.

So I am leaving out of PHL. Are you saying that when I check in at PHL I can ask the AA agent to check the bag all the way through to the new destination on AF (or LH) even though it wasn't booked with the original ticket (and in fact, it isn't booked yet)?

Thanks again!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
CDG MCT? DFW-CDG-LHR 2:15 hr enough? AA to BA

Would 2hr 15min be enough time in CDG? They are separate tickets. I will check through luggage.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes, you should be fine - AA comes in to the same terminal as BA leaves from.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Markie
Yes, you should be fine - AA comes in to the same terminal as BA leaves from.
So, would a 1 hr connection would be fine? Probably not.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by o2bmmw
So I am leaving out of PHL. Are you saying that when I check in at PHL I can ask the AA agent to check the bag all the way through to the new destination on AF (or LH) even though it wasn't booked with the original ticket (and in fact, it isn't booked yet)?

Thanks again!
No. AA is not going to interline baggage to a non-oneworld airline on a separate reservation. Not sure why this guy is giving you inaccurate information.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Col Ronson
No. AA is not going to interline baggage to a non-oneworld airline on a separate reservation. Not sure why this guy is giving you inaccurate information.
Thanks for the clarification. Given the state of security in Paris, I am not sure I would trust an interline check from AA to AF at any rate.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Transit Time AA to BA at Charles DeGaule ?

Im curious what transit times are like lately given recent events and security in Paris? Im arriving at 10am and have a BA flight at Noon. Looks like AA & BA are terminal 2 at CDG. Thx
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AA is presumably TATL and BA would be intraEurope but not schengen? Have you tried to check flight status of the same flights around yesterday/today to get some idea of likely gate assignment?

Shall we assume no status and traveling in coach on a single ticket/PNR?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AA is presumably TATL and BA would be intraEurope but not schengen? Have you tried to check flight status of the same flights around yesterday/today to get some idea of likely gate assignment?

Shall we assume no status and traveling in coach on a single ticket/PNR?
Yes AA arrives T2 BA departs T2 & assuming things are smmoth since Im not clearing customs/immigration.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JHIN
Yes AA arrives T2 BA departs T2 & assuming things are smmoth since Im not clearing customs/immigration.
Do your flights arrive and depart from the same area in T2? T2 is basically divided into A, B, C, D, E, and F, plus some satellite terminals like K, L, M, etc. It's better than nothing but not good enough to know that both flights are T2.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do your flights arrive and depart from the same area in T2? T2 is basically divided into A, B, C, D, E, and F, plus some satellite terminals like K, L, M, etc. It's better than nothing but not good enough to know that both flights are T2.
Yes

BA and AA operate from 2A
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:50 pm

Questions about connecting from AA to HG at CDG

How long will it take to connect from AA to HG at CDG? I believe I will need to go from T2A to T3 and somewhere in T2 I can ride the CDGVAL train to T3. To ride the train to T3, do I exit T2 by going through the baggage claim area, even though I won't need to retrieve my bags? Will 2 hours be enough to make the connection? Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
CDG T1-T1 Separate Tickets

Sorry, wrong forum. For some reason I thought it was the general France forum.

Mods feel free to delete this post.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Jul 1, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.