Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:52 pm

AA check-in at CDG

Good morning,

I'd like to ask what time does the AA check-in counter open at CDG. The earliest flight is at 9:40 am. Does this mean it will open at 6:40 am, 3 hours before?

Also, is the AA lounge ok or is it better to use the CX one?

Thanks,

O
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
6:15am according to AA.com:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...dg-airport.jsp

As for lounges, if you're getting there 3 hours early, why not try both?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242
6:15am according to AA.com:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...dg-airport.jsp

As for lounges, if you're getting there 3 hours early, why not try both?
Cheers!

I am actually at the airport right now, 7h early. Don't ask why
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Octavian Antony
Cheers!

I am actually at the airport right now, 7h early. Don't ask why
Forgot to change your watch from US to European time?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:42 pm

haha... that would actually make me 7 h late, not early!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
CDG Check-in

My daughter is looking at connecting on 2 separate tickets and wondering what the F check-in with AA is like at CDG? Is there a priority security line?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
There is a priority line for check in - don't recall if that module of T2 has a priority security line but I don't recall waiting more than a few mins anyway.

The Admirals club is likely one of the best in the system - actual decent food compared to the US clubs.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cayohueso
My daughter is looking at connecting on 2 separate tickets and wondering what the F check-in with AA is like at CDG? Is there a priority security line?
There is an F check in. It's not marked but is between the priority and regular lines. Look for a staff member just standing there. Will save a little time. There is priority exit and security but it's not going to save very much time. I'll second that the AA club is pretty good there, but can be very busy. The CX noodle bar is pretty good however. Since the clubs are next to each other, you can hop between.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
If connecting from a OW flight, you can have the origin carrier do check in as well. I've done this with separate tix from LHR to CDG and then another ticket CDG to XXX.

And yes, CDG is one of the nicest ACs. Plenty of seating, convenient location, decent view and nice selection of snacks and booze. One time, I forgot where I was and presented my J class ticket and AC card, thinking I would get the premium drink vouchers, and the GA looked at me like I was crazy: 'Mr ChopChop767, every-thing is complimentary, but thank you.' LOL
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
She's connecting from LH so no such luck. Sounds like it should be relatively easy to get through the process. Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
I go through there often and it gets busy during peak hours 6:30-9:30 am and 3:30-7:30 pm. Allow a little extra time.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
She will be given a purple card that provides access to the "fast track" (Acces No. 1) line. The problem is that this line is a joke at passport control. There are just too many flights from different airlines with too many eligible passengers, and only 2 officers are dedicated to the fast track line. On top of that, the line is shared with wheelchairs, special needs, UMs, and so on. The security line tends to be more fluid, but at times it can get very long as well.

In the past, when CDG-MIA departed at 9:00 am, it was a breeze (20 minutes max from security questions pre-check-in to the AAdmirals Club), but now that AA has 2x777, 2xA330, and a 763 leaving within the same time frame, from check-in up to the AAdmirals club it has become a real pain (last time it took me around 45 minutes).
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Unhappy CDG 180 min MCT on an interline AA award ticket?

I was trying to connect NRT-[JL]-CDG-[IB]-MAD on a single AA award. The time I had in CDG was 170 mins. My research indicated that the interline MCT in CDG is 120 mins between terminals 2E (JL) and 3 (IB), but AA insists its 180 mins. This, of course, forced an overnight stay (and airport change) in Paris. The alternative, route via LHR on BA for an extra $190 in co-pay fees per passenger. Not a happy camper!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by UKdiver
I was trying to connect NRT-[JL]-CDG-[IB]-MAD on a single AA award. The time I had in CDG was 170 mins. My research indicated that the interline MCT in CDG is 120 mins between terminals 2E (JL) and 3 (IB), but AA insists its 180 mins. This, of course, forced an overnight stay (and airport change) in Paris. The alternative, route via LHR on BA for an extra $190 in co-pay fees per passenger. Not a happy camper!
ExpertFlyer shows the JL I-I MCT from 2E to 3 at 180 mins. Where did you see the 120 min?

Nevertheless, did you check other routing options on JL via FRA, HEL, etc.?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
My source was this
https://www.parisaeroport.fr/docs/de...g.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Probably out of date. Thanks.

Unfortunately, FRA wasn't available, HEL-MAD wasn't available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.