Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UKdiver
I was trying to connect NRT-[JL]-CDG-[IB]-MAD on a single AA award. The time I had in CDG was 170 mins. My research indicated that the interline MCT in CDG is 120 mins between terminals 2E (JL) and 3 (IB), but AA insists its 180 mins. This, of course, forced an overnight stay (and airport change) in Paris. The alternative, route via LHR on BA for an extra $190 in co-pay fees per passenger. Not a happy camper!
Are you two or one traveler ? For one traveler $190 extra on BA would be
a wash compared to overnight in Paris + airport transfer...

F.A.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyalways
Are you two or one traveler ? For one traveler $190 extra on BA would be
a wash compared to overnight in Paris + airport transfer...

F.A.
Or just buy a separate ticket from CDG-MAD for a lot less.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Or just buy a separate ticket from CDG-MAD for a lot less.
Which wouldn't allow you to through-check baggage as under MCT.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
For these reasons I went for the BA option, even though I think I would enjoy JL more. Maybe JAL's HND-LHR will open up.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Which wouldn't allow you to through-check baggage as under MCT.
With 170 mins I'd be happy to re-check if not HBO.

Of course if booking separately one can pick any flight - doesn't have to be the one OP was looking at.

The disadvantage is no protection or interlining as you mentioned, but for CDG-MAD you have lots of options. Point was OP could do it for $50 odd if he'd rather not spend $190 via LHR (in the end he was ok to spend that).
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, 3MM
First Trip into CDG - Questions, Please

Wife and I are headed DFW - CDG on 10/15. CDG is our final destination. We are booked in J, and while I am generally giving up on any chance of a last minute 772 plane for the lie-flat seats, I do have a couple of airport questions. The threads I have seen are old, for the most part, and looking for current information, please.

1) Is there a Fast Track lane for immigration - such as LHR has? Will the FA's in J hand us Fast Track cards, or how do we get them (if it exists at all for AA passengers in terminal 2A)??

2) If there is a Fast Track lane, is there any special signage I need to be on the lookout for as we proceed to immigration?

3) Is there truly no Business check-in line upon departure? I have heard some conflicting stories here. Assuming there is not, and we cannot use the "F" line, how long should we arrive before departure??

Thanks to all in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
No fast track immigration in CDG, but immigration is very fast at AA arrival time. Or they have it, but it's not open during AA arrival. Either way you won't use it. They have premium check in I'm DFW and in CDG. So J check in is available in both.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There is definitely fast track immigration in CDG. You get a purple pass that says Accès Nº 1, and you can use that to get into the fast lane, which is also labelled Accès Nº 1.

There is a priority line for check-in but I rarely use it. The couple of times in which I had baggage to check-in, I don't remember the line being too long. I've occasionally arrived to CDG only 75 minutes before my flight (usually AA45) and still had time for a drink or two in the lounge. Although I do recommend that you arrive at least 2 hours before your flight. If nothing else, you can enjoy the CX or AA lounges at CDG which I think are quite nice.

Last edited by muishkin; Oct 5, 2016 at 11:13 pm
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: AA, 3MM
Originally Posted by muishkin
There is definitely fast track immigration in CDG. You get a purple pass that says Accès Nº 1, and you can use that to get into the fast lane, which is also labelled Accès Nº 1.

There is a priority line for check-in but I rarely use it. The couple of times in which I had baggage to check-in, I don't remember the line being too long. I've occasionally arrived to CDG only 75 minutes before my flight (usually AA45) and still had time for a drink or two in the lounge. Although I do recommend that you arrive at least 2 hours before your flight. If nothing else, you can enjoy the CX or AA lounges at CDG which I think are quite nice.
muishkin, do the FA's hand these out on the flight, or how do we insure we get one of the purple cards? Your news is encouraging, thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mynoles1
muishkin, do the FA's hand these out on the flight, or how do we insure we get one of the purple cards? Your news is encouraging, thanks.
Yes, they will hand them out prior to landing.

As for the return check-in, there is a premium line, but when I was there in June, it was crawling along. The good news is that Immigration/security were very quick (because everyone was in line at check in).
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by captaink
Yes, they will hand them out prior to landing.

As for the return check-in, there is a premium line, but when I was there in June, it was crawling along. The good news is that Immigration/security were very quick (because everyone was in line at check in).
Sadly, we didn't get them on AA 786 today. I wonder if it's because we were a pmUS flight.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by muishkin

Oh jeez, I can't believe I forgot about that considering I have an extra in my desk. My bad. But every time I've flown AA DFW-CDG, immigration was quick and express lane was closed. Reason why I have an extra.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:25 am

Hi there,

Arriving JFK-CDG on AA and then departing CDG-DOH on QR. AA arrives T-2 and QR departs T-1,
correct ? Can I possibly use Cathay lounge in T2 and then go to T1 ? I have 3+ hours
for this transfer...

Thanks in advance...F.A.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:11 am

Can someone address this question for me ? Sincerely appreciated !

Hi there,

Arriving JFK-CDG on AA and then departing CDG-DOH on QR. AA arrives T-2 and QR departs T-1,
correct ? Can I possibly use Cathay lounge in T2 and then go to T1 ? I have 3+ hours
for this transfer...

Thanks in advance...F.A.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hi there,

for this transfer...

Thanks in advance...F.A.

As an EXP you should have access to both the Admirals Club and Cathay lounges in T2. Definitely the AC.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ungeaccess/CDG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.