Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
As an EXP you should have access to both the Admirals Club and Cathay lounges in T2. Definitely the AC.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ungeaccess/CDG
Thanks but is it logistically possible to go to a terminal (during transit)
which is not my departure terminal. That is my question.

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by flyalways
Thanks but is it logistically possible to go to a terminal (during transit)
which is not my departure terminal. That is my question.

Thanks in advance...
I haven't flown into CDG and connected onwards in a long time so can't answer that, hopefully someone else will be able to shortly.

However, are you in F or J on the CDG-DOH flight? QR just opened their new CDG lounge which looks very nice, but like their lounges in DOH and LHR it's for QR F & J pax only.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I haven't flown into CDG and connected onwards in a long time so can't answer that, hopefully someone else will be able to shortly.

However, are you in F or J on the CDG-DOH flight? QR just opened their new CDG lounge which looks very nice, but like their lounges in DOH and LHR it's for QR F & J pax only.
Thanks. Where do you see that the new CDG lounge for QR is open ? QR
website does not show this... Can you point me to a link ?

I am in J so I will have access ...thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by flyalways
Thanks. Where do you see that the new CDG lounge for QR is open ? QR
website does not show this... Can you point me to a link ?

I am in J so I will have access ...thanks.
Here's a trip report with a few pics, albeit in French...

https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...s-CDG-Doha-DOH

There's also a thead over on the QR forum.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AA 3MM, PLT
Security and check-in at CDG

My cousin and his wife are leaving CDG tomorrow and got a recent email telling them to arrive at CDG FOUR hours before flight time. We leave on Tuesday, flying business class to DFW. Could someone who's been through CDG recently let me know approximately how long before flight time we should arrive. I will say that when we arrived at CDG almost 4 weeks ago, it was a real mess -- much more crowded than I've ever seen it.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Flew out of CDG last week on AA in business class. Security was 5 minutes, and would have been shorter but there seemed to be a problem with a bag in front of me. Was a Thursday at 7:30am or so.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I went through a month ago flying to Dallas in Business Class - it was remarkably easy. Who was this email from? The only thing that I can think of is that the traffic around the terminals was dreadful, but that has nothing to do with check-in.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by alohatoall
My cousin and his wife are leaving CDG tomorrow and got a recent email telling them to arrive at CDG FOUR hours before flight time. We leave on Tuesday, flying business class to DFW. Could someone who's been through CDG recently let me know approximately how long before flight time we should arrive. I will say that when we arrived at CDG almost 4 weeks ago, it was a real mess -- much more crowded than I've ever seen it.
2-3 hours is more than plenty of time for this flight. When an airline has previously told me to show up 4 hours before flight, I've almost always found that 2-3 hours in advance was way more than plenty. But if the US expands the electronics ban to flights from CDG to the US, it could get a lot slower and require showing up earlier than I would otherwise show up when entitled to business class check-in.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I went through a month ago flying to Dallas in Business Class - it was remarkably easy. Who was this email from? The only thing that I can think of is that the traffic around the terminals was dreadful, but that has nothing to do with check-in.
I am flying out of CDG this weekend on AA and also just received the 4-hour advance check-in notice by e-mail from AA, which I intend to ignore.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Originally Posted by alohatoall
You should give yourself 4 hours if you are planning on doing VAT refund for dozens of items, check-in, security, visiting every shop and inspecting every item for sale, visiting all the lounges and sampling all the food before walking the terminal from end to end for some pre-flight exercise and then make the flight just before boarding. If not, 2 hours will be plenty to get through everything leisurely and enjoy some lounge time.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: National ES
I flew out this past Monday 5/15 in business from CDG. I spent at least 15 minutes waiting as the first person in line while the counter agents asked very specific questions; when it was my turn I spent 10 minutes explaining my work, how i accomplish it, and who I work with.

My experience seemed like a minimized version of interrogation I experienced leaving Tel Aviv.

Arrival time to the airport I think will depend upon how many passengers need to check in and answer questions.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I flew out of CDG this Tuesday, 5/16. The non-priority check-in line was fairly long; looked like it might have taken half an hour or more if I'd had to use it. Passport control took 10-15 minutes, security took about a minute (one person in front of me).

I had received the same email recommending arrival 4 hours in advance. My best guess was that they were anticipating the possibility that an electronics ban might be announced with immediate effect. That will indeed cause complications and delays if it happens, but so far it hasn't.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You should get an express pass for security. Took 20 mins from check in thru security in February with that pass.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
You can use mobile check-in/boarding pass at CDG and bypass the lines if you have no bags. This does mean you'll complete your security questioning at the gate, however.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew out on flight 49 business class to DFW a couple weeks ago on a Thursday morning. It took maybe 20 minutes from the time we arrived to get to the lounge. The VAT line was the shortest i've ever seen it - there was literally nobody in line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.