Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: AA HKG / Hong Kong Int’l. Airport Connections, MCT, Arrival & Departure, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

Link to HKG Airport information on aa.com, including ticket / check-in counter hours.

Link to HKG Airport information

MCT is 1:00 for through same ticket connections where your baggage has been checked through.

NOTE that connecting with separate tickets may require you to process immigration, collect baggage and process customs, then checking in with your departure airline and processing security. One hour will not suffice.

Check-in: Ticket counter Terminal 1 (This location does not accept cash)
  • Flight 126 - Daily: 12:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
  • Flight 192 - Daily: 4:40 p.m. - 6:40 p.m

At HKG, Terminal 1 one can also check in earlier at the “Self check-in” purple highlighted kiosks available at Terminal 1; select the AA display. You should also be able to update your airline FFP and number at this time.

Passengers carrying only hand luggage can then proceed directly to immigration, while those with check-in luggage may drop their bag(s) at the Bag Drop Counter located just steps away from the kiosks.

"Special notice

If you are taking the Airport Express, you can enjoy the convenient free in-town check-in (Airport Express Station) service in Hong Kong and Kowloon Stations to check in between 90 minutes and within the same day of the departure date." (aa.com - current 25 Jan 2018)
Print Wikipost

Guide: AA HKG / Hong Kong Int’l. Airport Connections, MCT, Arrival & Departure, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
I haven't tried it, but if you are unable to check in your bag and you don't want to bring it with you overnight, you could store your bag at a storage facility at the airport for $140 HKD ~ $20 USD.

https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...t-baggage.html
Yup, I suggested that idea in my post upthread but did not have the link.

Thanks so much!
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
So as a warning, the last time I flew on 138, I tried to check in using the kiosk at the airport at 8am and it said "you're checking in too early". And no one showed up at the aa counters until 10am.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:45 am

Rules for check in at the in town centres for Hong Kong are 24 hours prior for non USA destinations and the day of flight for US destinations. If you flight departs at 1 am you can check in the 'previous' day.

90 mins is the cut off for all checkins outside the airport.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 26, 2017 at 11:03 am Reason: Highlight information
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:50 pm
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
I was able to check in at Kowloon at 11:00 am for 138. Don't know if I could have checked in earlier. You need to look for AA. It was a shared counter with 4 airlines checking in.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:16 am

In town check in at HK station?

Anyone know if AA offers this? Called AA. The person had no idea what I was asking.

Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Visconti
Anyone know if AA offers this? Called AA. The person had no idea what I was asking.

Thanks.
Yes.

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/se...ckin_info.html
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Yes. I checked in there at the HK station just this past week. Look for the (shared) AA desk.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Can you checkin for AA Flights at Airport Express Station(s)?

I've read somewhere that they have tightened some security aspects flying to the US from HKG. Has this impacted the ability to checkin at the Hong Kong Airport Express stations?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
CX has discontinued in-town check-in and bag drop for USA flights and I assume (but can't promise) that the same is likely the case for AA and other US flights.

In Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific has suspended in-town check-in services as well as self-bag drop services for passengers booked on flights to the US, except for those travelling on Flight CX888 to New York via Vancouver.

Passengers who do online check-in have to deposit their bags at dedicated counters at the airport, where they are subject to a short security interview. Those without check-in baggage can proceed to the boarding gate directly "as early as possible", where they will also be subject to a short security interview, the airline said.
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...-flights-to-us
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I've read somewhere that they have tightened some security aspects flying to the US from HKG. Has this impacted the ability to checkin at the Hong Kong Airport Express stations?
No words on AA yet, but CX seems to the only one who has suspended in town check in.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
I used in town checkin for my AA flight (HKG > LAX) last week without any issue.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
What hours is in town check in open for AA flights?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:06 pm

Connecting CX / AA on separate tickets

I am arriving on a CX flight at 0900 and departing on the AA flight to LAX at 1940. Is it possible to get my AA boarding pass at one of the transfer counters or do I have to clear customs and immigrations and get it landside?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by anc305
I am arriving on a CX flight at 0900 and departing on the AA flight to LAX at 1940. Is it possible to get my AA boarding pass at one of the transfer counters or do I have to clear customs and immigrations and get it landside?
AA has a transfer desk, it's located on the outer end of the concourse in the middle of the "Y", if that makes sense. Arriving at 9am it might not be open yet though, although it should open a few hrs before the DFW flight.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Trying to decide what to do for an upcoming separate ticket connection. The option is either a 6:30am flight which gives like 10 hours layover at HKG, or one that is scheduled to arrive just 50 minutes before. (CX654 to AA192). Carry-on only. Would people chance this? (to avoid the awful morning wake up and really long layover)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.