Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines Alaska Lounge (nee Board Room) Access for Admirals Club Members

Below is a quick amalgamation of the new rules. NOTE: The LAX Alaska Lounge has different criteria than those in ANC, PDX and SEA. So does the SFO Alaska Lounge, which isn’t included under this agreement.

Anchorage, U.S. (ANC) Alaska Lounge1

Los Angeles, U.S. (LAX) Alaska Lounge1

Portland, U.S. (PDX) Alaska Lounge1

San Diego, U.S. (SAN) AirSpace Lounge 2

Seattle, U.S. (SEA) Alaska Lounge – Concourse C1
Alaska Lounge – North Satellite1
Alaska Lounge – Concourse D1

1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).

2Must present your membership card at lounge check-in counter.

LAX (T6 mezzanine level):
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA or AS operated/marketed flights (2 guests or immediate family permitted). (Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is a valid membership card for the primary cardholder, not authorized users.)

As clarified by madcard, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub
»
Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers (traveling on AA only) must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA international flights, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
ANC (near C1), PDX (near C5), SEA (near D1):
Must present Admirals Club membership card, including Citi Executive card and boarding pass for same day travel on AS or AA marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or AS flight number and flown on AA or AS aircraft.
NOTE: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® authorized users are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well - but not Alaska Lounges or Qantas Clubs, etc.)

––

NB: This thread is based on the current access privileges. The previous regime is discussed in the archived thread here:
ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)
Print Wikipost

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:16 am

AS-mileage booked AA F - lounge access?

I have two domestic flights Sunday that are in AA F booked with AS miles. Can I use AA lounge with those tickets?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:19 am

AS-mileage booked AA F - lounge access?

Never mind - I forgot AA doesn't do lounges on domestic first only in any case. Sorry about that!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Actually, there is some access based on class of service, even on (a short list of) domestic flights:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...nge-access.jsp
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
I have two domestic flights Sunday that are in AA F booked with AS miles. Can I use AA lounge with those tickets?
Unfortunately, you haven't given us sufficient information to be able to provide a definitive answer. Please review the wiki, and / or the links provided there.

Here's how it works in this forum:

Lounge questions --> LOUNGE DASHBOARD "sticky" thread --> AA Access to AS Board Rooms widget = this thread.

Wiki = answers

Information all in one place, members who have answered and taken time to share honored.

/Moderator
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ddistler
Curious to know if this works with the Citi Executive card as well?

Its suppose to be a full membership but no AC card so I would assume it works.
Originally Posted by MAH4546
It isn't supposed to be a full membership. It is a full membership, and therefore there is access.
So, both my wife and I have membership via the Citi Exec card, but I'm the primary card holder and on the back of my card it shows "Admirals Club". Her card, though, doesn't have this printed although she was added to my AC membership (which can be done now, finally) through the spousal program.

Will she be able to get into the ANC Board Room while doing a MR this weekend? Do they still call a special AA phone number to validate that she is AC member (by giving them her FF#)?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
So, both my wife and I have membership via the Citi Exec card, but I'm the primary card holder and on the back of my card it shows "Admirals Club". Her card, though, doesn't have this printed although she was added to my AC membership (which can be done now, finally) through the spousal program.

Will she be able to get into the ANC Board Room while doing a MR this weekend? Do they still call a special AA phone number to validate that she is AC member (by giving them her FF#)?
We'll see if this works.. I called the AC membership services number, and they were able to scour up the receipt for paying for her to be added, with all the pertinent details (FF#, Expiration Date etc..) and e-mail it to me. Having her print it out and take with her.. Will report back on success, or not.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

We'll see if this works.. I called the AC membership services number, and they were able to scour up the receipt for paying for her to be added, with all the pertinent details (FF#, Expiration Date etc..) and e-mail it to me. Having her print it out and take with her.. Will report back on success, or not.
Absolutely call, because the crucial bit is whether or not Admirals Club has her on the list as a member or not. The secondary Exec card won't do much for her; it's the FFN and being on the list.

Then she can have her photo ID scanned, added to the record and she's ready to access regardless.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Absolutely call, because the crucial bit is whether or not Admirals Club has her on the list as a member or not. The secondary Exec card won't do much for her; it's the FFN and being on the list.

Then she can have her photo ID scanned, added to the record and she's ready to access regardless.
I did call and thus got the receipt. Now the question is will the AS BR accept it as proof of membership..

She's never had any issues getting into actual ACs, since they can verify via scanning boarding pass etc..
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

I did call and thus got the receipt. Now the question is will the AS BR accept it as proof of membership..

She's never had any issues getting into actual ACs, since they can verify via scanning boarding pass etc..
Well, if it's a domestic BP, that wouldn't do much. It's the lists.

But with the receipt, I don't think the Board Room personnel will be a problem.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA

I've been in this situation. She should have been sent a normal Admirals Club membership card. Her membership has nothing to do with your Citi card (or her authorized user card), other than it allowing you to buy her her own membership at a reduced rate.

If her spousal account is paid and in good standing, she can get into the club (AC or any reciprocal-access clubs like Board Room) by using her AAdvantage number if she doesn't have her membership card yet.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
I've been in this situation. She should have been sent a normal Admirals Club membership card. Her membership has nothing to do with your Citi card (or her authorized user card), other than it allowing you to buy her her own membership at a reduced rate.

If her spousal account is paid and in good standing, she can get into the club (AC or any reciprocal-access clubs like Board Room) by using her AAdvantage number if she doesn't have her membership card yet.
OK... good to know, thanks. Membership is good standing, but they never sent out the card (confirmed by the AC member services) for some reason.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
The Los Angeles Board Room will now be open until midnight (currently closes at 10am) starting next month. Great news for the redeye flyers (and with AS operating daily redeyes to ANC/BWI/GDL, surprised it took so long).
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I saw a 2nd Board Room is supposed to open at SEA soon too which is great to see (and much needed).

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alaska...120000517.html
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
admirals club at SEA

I see there isn't one there. Can I use the Alaska lounge? Any one world lounge options?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/sea-club.jsp

Alaska Airlines Board Room
Must present Admirals Club membership card (or 30 Day Membership receipt) and boarding pass for same day travel on an American Airlines or Alaska Airlines marketed and operated flight*.
There's a BA Terraces lounge in the South Satellite. I don't think they allow AA elite access or accept Admirals Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.