Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines Alaska Lounge (nee Board Room) Access for Admirals Club Members

Below is a quick amalgamation of the new rules. NOTE: The LAX Alaska Lounge has different criteria than those in ANC, PDX and SEA. So does the SFO Alaska Lounge, which isn’t included under this agreement.

Anchorage, U.S. (ANC) Alaska Lounge1

Los Angeles, U.S. (LAX) Alaska Lounge1

Portland, U.S. (PDX) Alaska Lounge1

San Diego, U.S. (SAN) AirSpace Lounge 2

Seattle, U.S. (SEA) Alaska Lounge – Concourse C1
Alaska Lounge – North Satellite1
Alaska Lounge – Concourse D1

1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).

2Must present your membership card at lounge check-in counter.

LAX (T6 mezzanine level):
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA or AS operated/marketed flights (2 guests or immediate family permitted). (Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is a valid membership card for the primary cardholder, not authorized users.)

As clarified by madcard, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub
»
Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers (traveling on AA only) must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA international flights, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
ANC (near C1), PDX (near C5), SEA (near D1):
Must present Admirals Club membership card, including Citi Executive card and boarding pass for same day travel on AS or AA marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or AS flight number and flown on AA or AS aircraft.
NOTE: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® authorized users are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well - but not Alaska Lounges or Qantas Clubs, etc.)

––

NB: This thread is based on the current access privileges. The previous regime is discussed in the archived thread here:
ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)
Print Wikipost

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Alaska Lounge at ANC

Originally Posted by ashill
Though I look there too, the lounge access partnership has no relationship to the frequent flyer partnership (in terms of the customer-facing rules, at least), so I suppose it makes some sense not to include the lounge partnership on the frequent flyer page. Still confusing, I agree.
I am not a member of the Admiral's Club. I am flying this summer on AA from ANC to DFW, in Biz. I am also OWE by virtue of being BA Gold. As I read the oneworld lounge page, the AA lounge page and this thread, it looks like I will be out of luck regarding the (third-party) Alaska Lounge. Yes? No? TIA.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by henry999
I am not a member of the Admiral's Club. I am flying this summer on AA from ANC to DFW, in Biz. I am also OWE by virtue of being BA Gold. As I read the oneworld lounge page, the AA lounge page and this thread, it looks like I will be out of luck regarding the (third-party) Alaska Lounge. Yes? No? TIA.
Correct; oneworld status does not grant Alaska Lounge access in ANC, nor does class of service when flying AA. If you were flying AS metal in paid (cash or award, not upgrade) first class, you would get access to AS lounges.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:06 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Has anyone with an Admirals Club membership tried to use the new Alaska lounge in JFK Terminal 7? It's not listed on the Admirals Club website as a partner lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by VFR
Has anyone with an Admirals Club membership tried to use the new Alaska lounge in JFK Terminal 7? It's not listed on the Admirals Club website as a partner lounge.
I used it a few weeks ago, shortly after it opened. No problem getting access with AC membership, although there were only 2-3 others there when I went in. Nicely decorated imo, with a coffee bar complete w/ barista. I've read that Priority Pass members may not get access when it gets crowded, similar to SEA, PDX & LAX.
VFR likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:52 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flymonthly
I used it a few weeks ago, shortly after it opened. No problem getting access with AC membership, although there were only 2-3 others there when I went in. Nicely decorated imo, with a coffee bar complete w/ barista. I've read that Priority Pass members may not get access when it gets crowded, similar to SEA, PDX & LAX.
My head is spinning. So, once the AA / AS divorce is final, I can still get it flying on Alaska (or any other airline) if I a Priority Pass membership?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by stc
My head is spinning. So, once the AA / AS divorce is final, I can still get it flying on Alaska (or any other airline) if I a Priority Pass membership?
The divorce (required after the Virgin America takeover) has been finalized, and AA - AS still have reciprocal lounge access. But PP may get turned away if crowding occurs, as it does in SEA.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
I was flying through SEA last week and was able to access the North satellite Alaska Lounge without my Admirals Club membership card. The agent made a quick call to AA to verify my membership and let me in.

I normally have the card in my backpack but didn’t for this trip. Glad access is still possible without it, but I would not want to be the one holding up the line if there was one!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I was at SEA 6/26--Concourse D. They had a sign up stating no Priority Pass accepted.
It was an underwhelming lounge.
We were told upon entering that no outside food was allowed, which I have never heard entering an AA lounge, and considering the state of their offerings was a little irritating.
Food and bar upstairs were positively filthy. Food all over the floor (ground in Fruit Loops from the AM and this was 2 PM) and all the tables littered with dirty glasses. Discarded newspapers on the floor. Crumbs/food smeared on the tables.
Bar service is at a cafeteria type window and you are not allowed to get a beverage for your travel companion---each person must get their own drink.
TV had the Cartoon Network playing.

I guess it was marginally better than waiting in the terminal.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Does anyone know if flying AA out of SEA as an AA Exec MC AU will get access? I asked above a couple months back about flying AS as an AU and was denied at the LAX AS Lounge as a result of being an AU
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uscjeff
Does anyone know if flying AA out of SEA as an AA Exec MC AU will get access? I asked above a couple months back about flying AS as an AU and was denied at the LAX AS Lounge as a result of being an AU
What is a “AA Exec MC AU“? Is an “AU” intended to mean “Gold” or MVP Gold? (The element symbol for gold is “Au” - from the Latin Aurum - and on AA we use Dold Gold or occasionally some use GLD; please forgive my confusion.)

If you hold a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® and are the primary cardholder, you hold a regular Admirals Card Membership and you’re flying AS out of SEA:

“1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).”

If you are denied for presenting a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®, explain it includes a regular Admirals Club Membership. If that fails, ask for a supervisor - bearing in mind iirc they can fall back on a capacity clause.

(I’m the one getting “Dold”, because my cataracts are dimming my vision. I’ve just been cleared for surgery, so... that should be less problematic.)

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 4, 2018 at 9:36 pm
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Does “AU” mean “authorized user”? Authorized users on Citi AAdvantage credit cards are not Admirals Club members and thus get no Alaska Lounge access. Authorized users get access to Admirals Clubs but are not full members and thus do not get access to partner lounges on the basis of that credit card.

Undefined abbreviations are often not helpful. I agree with @JDiver that the post was very confusing.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

@:-) Thanks, ashill.

Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® Authorized Users can not access AS Lounges (or Qantas Clubs), if that’s the case.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 4, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ashill

Does “AU” mean “authorized user”? Authorized users on Citi AAdvantage credit cards are not Admirals Club members and thus get no Alaska Lounge access. Authorized users get access to Admirals Clubs but are not full members and thus do not get access to partner lounges on the basis of that credit card.

Undefined abbreviations are often not helpful. I agree with @JDiver that the post was very confusing.
Sorry for any confusion - I did mean Authorized User. Thanks for the clarification regardless!
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by JDiver
(I’m the one getting “Dold”, because my cataracts are dimming my vision. I’ve just been cleared for surgery, so... that should be less problematic.)
1. the primary card holder gets in and can guest one person. Done that.

2. Good luck on the surgery, and i think you will be amazed at how much better you see. My Brother in law used contacts or coke bottle bottom glasses. When he got his cataracts done he was astounded at what he could see.
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:26 pm
amm

Was just able to gain access to the Alaska Lounge in SEA even though I didn’t have my Admirals Club card with me. Process was really smooth as well - provided by AA freq fly num, agent placed a 10 second call to confirm (incl my Admirals Club membership expiration date) and then let me in. Super simple and she said a picture of the card would work in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.