Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines Alaska Lounge (nee Board Room) Access for Admirals Club Members

Below is a quick amalgamation of the new rules. NOTE: The LAX Alaska Lounge has different criteria than those in ANC, PDX and SEA. So does the SFO Alaska Lounge, which isn’t included under this agreement.

Anchorage, U.S. (ANC) Alaska Lounge1

Los Angeles, U.S. (LAX) Alaska Lounge1

Portland, U.S. (PDX) Alaska Lounge1

San Diego, U.S. (SAN) AirSpace Lounge 2

Seattle, U.S. (SEA) Alaska Lounge – Concourse C1
Alaska Lounge – North Satellite1
Alaska Lounge – Concourse D1

1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).

2Must present your membership card at lounge check-in counter.

LAX (T6 mezzanine level):
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA or AS operated/marketed flights (2 guests or immediate family permitted). (Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is a valid membership card for the primary cardholder, not authorized users.)

As clarified by madcard, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub
»
Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers (traveling on AA only) must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA international flights, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
ANC (near C1), PDX (near C5), SEA (near D1):
Must present Admirals Club membership card, including Citi Executive card and boarding pass for same day travel on AS or AA marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or AS flight number and flown on AA or AS aircraft.
NOTE: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® authorized users are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well - but not Alaska Lounges or Qantas Clubs, etc.)

––

NB: This thread is based on the current access privileges. The previous regime is discussed in the archived thread here:
ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)
Print Wikipost

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by JDiver
Why? Club members and those flying in First are covered by the reciprocity agreement. Eligible oneworld members can use BA Terraces. I honestly don't see AA dropping money on AS to pay for others' access or services.
In theory yes, in practical application I wouldn't count on it. Every time I've gone to try entry I've been denied entry based upon capacity. I've given up trying.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bennettskis
I'm Admirals Club and went to SeaTac lounge (a few times). Its a fight each time. The AA Award phone app works for AA. But I plead my case, they refuse to look my AA #up. I ask if they look up the cards; they don't. Ultimately they let me in. It's a lot of negotiating for a free cup of coffee.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I've not had the problem, particularly since switching my Club membership to the Citi Executive card.

I do wish AS would train all their Board Room staff, so there can be consistency.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by mvoight
"*International long-haul flights include AA/US international flights of 5 hours or greater, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)"

How many flights of 5 hours or greater does AA have to the Bahamas?

That said, the way this statement is written sounds like AA is making exceptions for flights, to the listed destinations, from the 5 hour minimum minimum That is, if I am going to Canada, the flight doesn't have to be 5 hours for it to qualify for the exemption

(Yeah, I know that is not what they mean)
Looking at this thread now, I note that the AA.com link no longer has the 5 hours or greater bit. I've therefore updated the wiki.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashill
Looking at this thread now, I note that the AA.com link no longer has the 5 hours or greater bit. I've therefore updated the wiki.
Thank you! ^
Old May 5, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by formeraa
A couple of things to note:

1. Today, BA has one flight at 7:15pm. That means the lounge is open from 3pm to 7:15pm -- which is not very convenient for OW members flying AA, plus it is in the South Satellite (far away from AA). And 90% of AA/US's flights are NOT between 3pm and 7:15pm.

The BA lounge is actually used by other Airlines earlier in the day, as I went over to see if it was open last week as my morning AA flight was delayed due to the iPad fiasco. I was surprised to see women from one of the Asian Carriers manning the desk. One of the (BA uniformed but contract) staff came out and said the lounge during BA hours was only for those flying on the BA flight, and couldn't be used for OW members flying AA.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A few quick questions, regarding AS lounge/codeshare/Seatac for a last minute flight tomorrow (I usually do International in and out of Seatac, not domestic, or park a car as I just give back my rental):
1. What is the best option (the most sane, I am not going to piss about for an hour to save a few bucks for example) for parking a car for a bit over 24 hours at Seatac?
2. I am booked with AA, first leg is operated by AS in Y out of SEA to GEG - which desk to I check in with (AA, US or AS)?
3. 2nd leg is F on US, does this get me access to the AS lounge at SEA (I know my OWE is worthless with AS)?
4. 2nd leg - Will they check my bag through? Or do I have collect it and re check it in at the US desk at GEG?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
A few quick questions, regarding AS lounge/codeshare/Seatac for a last minute flight tomorrow (I usually do International in and out of Seatac, not domestic, or park a car as I just give back my rental):
1. What is the best option (the most sane, I am not going to piss about for an hour to save a few bucks for example) for parking a car for a bit over 24 hours at Seatac?
2. I am booked with AA, first leg is operated by AS in Y out of SEA to GEG - which desk to I check in with (AA, US or AS)?
AS. You always, always, always check in with the operating carrier of your first segment.

3. 2nd leg is F on US, does this get me access to the AS lounge at SEA (I know my OWE is worthless with AS)?
No. No reciprocal class-of-service based lounge access (and non-transcon domestic F on AA or US isn't good for lounge access anywhere anyway); the only reciprocal AS/AA/US lounge access is for paid club membership.

4. 2nd leg - Will they check my bag through? Or do I have collect it and re check it in at the US desk at GEG?
Are you on one ticket? Absolutely yes, they'll check your bag through. If not? Maybe; ask the AS agent when you check in.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
1 - I really like MasterPark Lot C.
2 - AS checkin
3 - no. Only get to Boardroom if in F on AS or with AAdmiral's club membership
4 - Depends on final destination/carrier.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Board Room members now have access to all Admirals Clubs effective 8/15:

Alaska Airlines also announced today an expanded lounge agreement with American Airlines, which gives Board Room members access to all 54 Admirals Club locations worldwide beginning Aug. 15.

“With American’s expanded network, our loyal customers will enjoy earning and redeeming miles for travel to more than 60 additional American Airlines destinations worldwide,” said Andrew Harrison, executive vice president and chief revenue officer of Alaska Airlines. “Through our unique global partner portfolio, our customers can access an incredible virtual network of destinations and lounge locations across the world.”

Elite members of Alaska’s Mileage Plan receive exclusive benefits on American’s expanded network, including expedited security, priority check-in and boarding, complimentary or discounted access to Main Cabin Extra seats, as well as baggage waivers.

“We are excited to deepen the strong relationship we already have with Alaska Airlines by providing customers more access to more destinations,” said Andrew Nocella, American’s chief marketing officer. “Our relationship with Alaska goes back more than 15 years and we continue to look for ways to work together to enhance the benefits for our customers, whether through access to clubs or new opportunities to earn and redeem miles.”

Alaska Airlines existing relationship with American began in 1999 and has included codeshare and frequent flyer reciprocity, which expanded in 2011 to include reciprocal elite benefits on each airline. The two carriers are working to expand their codeshare agreement even further later this year.

Alaska Airlines continues to enhance its award-winning loyalty program by offering customers access to unique partnerships with 13 global airlines. Last month, the airline added Hainan Airlines to its airline partner portfolio, giving members the ability to earn miles across the China-based carrier’s 90-city global network. Since 2013, Alaska Airlines has added other benefits to its best-in-class Mileage Plan program, giving members ways to earn miles faster, get elite status sooner and redeem miles for award travel. Learn more at www.alaskaair.com/mileageplan.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
This is a very interesting development, though it's not related to this thread really... This thread is about Admirals Club members being able to access AS Board Rooms. I'd be keen to read the same in reverse, that would be a great development.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave
This is a very interesting development, though it's not related to this thread really... This thread is about Admirals Club members being able to access AS Board Rooms. I'd be keen to read the same in reverse, that would be a great development.
AC members can already access all AS Board Rooms when flying on AS/AA/US.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Board Room membership not exactly like Admirals Club membership, as there is no access if there's no flying.

To access the Board Room, members and guests must present a valid membership card, same-day ticketed boarding pass on any carrier, and a government issued photo ID. You may be asked to sign a roster with your name and Board Room account number upon entering affiliated lounges. Link
Also see:

Enjoy Expanded Access for Board Room Members

As a part of our new expanded partnership with American Airlines, Alaska Airlines Board Room members have access to over 50 Admirals Club locations worldwide, beginning August 15, 2015. Link.
This makes sense with Admirals Club members (and others as mentioned by SJC AA and in the wiki) expanded access to Board Rooms since this reciprocal access agreement began.

I'm glad AA has been forging expanded access /reciprocity agreements with other airlines and lounges (e.g. Club member access in DUS, FRA, ZRH, etc.)
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by SJC AA
AC members can already access all AS Board Rooms when flying on AS/AA/US.
Riiight... so not full reciprocal access. If all AS BR members can now access all AA ACs (which is the change that was just announced), that's better terms than AA AC members have when accessing AS BRs. I'd like to see that come to parity. That's my point.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Board Room membership not exactly like Admirals Club membership, as there is no access if there's no flying.
So I guess the main difference would be that AA would give gate passes for AC members requesting them in advance, whereas AS would not?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave
Riiight... so not full reciprocal access. If all AS BR members can now access all AA ACs (which is the change that was just announced), that's better terms than AA AC members have when accessing AS BRs. I'd like to see that come to parity. That's my point.
There is parity now. The newly announced access is only available while flying AA/AS/US.

"An expanded agreement goes into effect Aug. 15 that will allow Board Room members to visit the entire network of American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in more than 50 locations whenever they fly on Alaska and American."
(from http://blog.alaskaair.com/2015/08/05/aa-us/ )
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
If it is ~24 hours I just use terminal direct parking at SEA. I think it is $4/hour max $32 per day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.