Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines Alaska Lounge (nee Board Room) Access for Admirals Club Members

Below is a quick amalgamation of the new rules. NOTE: The LAX Alaska Lounge has different criteria than those in ANC, PDX and SEA. So does the SFO Alaska Lounge, which isn’t included under this agreement.

Anchorage, U.S. (ANC) Alaska Lounge1

Los Angeles, U.S. (LAX) Alaska Lounge1

Portland, U.S. (PDX) Alaska Lounge1

San Diego, U.S. (SAN) AirSpace Lounge 2

Seattle, U.S. (SEA) Alaska Lounge – Concourse C1
Alaska Lounge – North Satellite1
Alaska Lounge – Concourse D1

1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).

2Must present your membership card at lounge check-in counter.

LAX (T6 mezzanine level):
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA or AS operated/marketed flights (2 guests or immediate family permitted). (Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is a valid membership card for the primary cardholder, not authorized users.)

As clarified by madcard, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub
»
Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers (traveling on AA only) must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA international flights, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
ANC (near C1), PDX (near C5), SEA (near D1):
Must present Admirals Club membership card, including Citi Executive card and boarding pass for same day travel on AS or AA marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or AS flight number and flown on AA or AS aircraft.
NOTE: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® authorized users are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well - but not Alaska Lounges or Qantas Clubs, etc.)

––

NB: This thread is based on the current access privileges. The previous regime is discussed in the archived thread here:
ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by JDiver
Note that the Alaska Lounge at SFO has some exceptions to AA based access. And
With all due respect, I think it is the other way around i.e. AS lounge members have restrictions in AA lounge access at SFO.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
With all due respect, I think it is the other way around i.e. AS lounge members have restrictions in AA lounge access at SFO.
I’ll correct that, thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Alaska Lounge Access - Don’t have Admirals Card on me

As the subject states, I’m on the road and looking to enter an Alaska lounge at SEA tomorrow. I took my smaller briefcase and totally forgot to bring my Admirals Club card. I am the actual club member, not just a credit card holder.

Are there any alternative methods? I’m going to ask the Phoenix AC staff to see if they can print something or let me take a photo of something validating my membership, but if someone else has any ideas, I’m all ears. I have a four hour stay at SEA tomorrow afternoon. I can probably get my wife to snap a picture of my card as well.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Mods:

Please merge/move my post here. Found this via a google search, and it looks like the staff is fairly willing to accept a picture of card or call and verify:
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BrianV
As the subject states, I’m on the road and looking to enter an Alaska lounge at SEA tomorrow. I took my smaller briefcase and totally forgot to bring my Admirals Club card. I am the actual club member, not just a credit card holder.

Are there any alternative methods? I’m going to ask the Phoenix AC staff to see if they can print something or let me take a photo of something validating my membership, but if someone else has any ideas, I’m all ears. I have a four hour stay at SEA tomorrow afternoon. I can probably get my wife to snap a picture of my card as well.
Just to be clear, someone using the Citi Exec card is a member, not a pseudo member. Just a different way of "payment" for their membership.

Mods:

Please merge/move my post here. Found this via a google search, and it looks like the staff is fairly willing to accept a picture of card or call and verify:
Yes, they have a number that they can call to verify membership with AA using the FF# of the passenger.
JDiver likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Just to be clear, someone using the Citi Exec card is a member, not a pseudo member. Just a different way of "payment" for their membership.

Yes, they have a number that they can call to verify membership with AA using the FF# of the passenger.
My understanding is that the primary card holder is a full member with access to the Alaska lounges but the 10 friends/families with cards are not. I was trying to make the clarification that I’m the card holder that also received a full admirals Club card, etc.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
My understanding is that the primary card holder is a full member with access to the Alaska lounges but the 10 friends/families with cards are not. I was trying to make the clarification that I’m the card holder that also received a full admirals Club card, etc.
But, the other 10 people would not even have access to the Admirals Club. So, nobody else has an AC membership based on the card as they are not the primary card holder
So, there is no full/partial member, either you a member or you are not a member.
mendezka likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by mvoight
But, the other 10 people would not even have access to the Admirals Club. So, nobody else has an AC membership based on the card as they are not the primary card holder
So, there is no full/partial member, either you a member or you are not a member.
Didn’t follow you there -

The Citi exec card was referenced and unless something changed recently the additional card holders who do not have access to non-AA clubs still get access to the AC.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:01 pm

Just to close the loop, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub

Last edited by madcard; Sep 25, 2019 at 12:06 pm Reason: fixed link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.