Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Last straw with AA? (Humiliated by GA, upgrade attempt = cancelled itinerary)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last straw with AA? (Humiliated by GA, upgrade attempt = cancelled itinerary)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
Angry Last straw with AA? (Humiliated by GA, upgrade attempt = cancelled itinerary)

Strike one: Friday, ORD-LAX during boarding GA loudly humiliates me. I won't go into specifics, but I wasn't out of compliance in any way whatsoever and in no way deserving to have my existence insulted. I emailed AA when I got home. Today I get a response back, how they are "truly sorry, and here's 3000 miles to make it all better. " No, that doesn't make it all better.

Strike two: An attempt to move from Y to F ends in a canceled itinerary. Long story. To say the phone agents (two, tried HUACA) were useless was a bit of an understatement. Now I have no flight and I'm out $400 (change fees on two reservations that were canceled)
I'm Plt right now, will drop to Gold next year (well, would be Gold with those flights, right now I've got nothing). I have a handful of award miles and some 500 mile certs left. I'm not sure if I'll want to stay or not after I calm down.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by mezzowithcorigis
(..) I won't go into specifics (...).
I'm afraid that without specifics it will be very hard for people to respond...
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA was either correct or wrong in each situation. No way of know with what OP has posted.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Goodbye Cruel Airline
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
An attempt to move from Y to F ends in a canceled itinerary.
Over the phone? Seriously? I sense some four letter words must have been used profusely.
Silver Fox and largeeyes like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Strike one: Friday, ORD-LAX during boarding GA loudly humiliates me. I won't go into specifics, but I wasn't out of compliance in any way whatsoever and in no way deserving to have my existence insulted. I emailed AA when I got home. Today I get a response back, how they are "truly sorry, and here's 3000 miles to make it all better. " No, that doesn't make it all better.

Strike two: An attempt to move from Y to F ends in a canceled itinerary. Long story. To say the phone agents (two, tried HUACA) were useless was a bit of an understatement. Now I have no flight and I'm out $400 (change fees on two reservations that were canceled)
I'm Plt right now, will drop to Gold next year (well, would be Gold with those flights, right now I've got nothing). I have a handful of award miles and some 500 mile certs left. I'm not sure if I'll want to stay or not after I calm down.
It’s not compelling, to be honest.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold
WAnt advice? Provide specifics. If not is just another I hate (insert travel company here) post.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
As others have said, we need more information, otherwise this comes across as just trolling...
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
What does attempt to move from Y to F mean? Either you're upgraded or you're not. Did the OP try to self upgrade under some belief he/she was due the upgrade? Other than boarding out of order why would a GA yell at the OP? Seems as though there's much missing in this story and the OP's issues with AA really don't add up.
jerseytom likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
From his other posts, it seems as though OP has had a series of run ins with AA regarding UG's which revolve around policy disputes.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
another few minutes wasted .... oh well
not even worth getting another cup of coffee
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fotographer
another few minutes wasted .... oh well
not even worth getting another cup of coffee
I was going to make a bucket of popcorn but think even that would be a waste.
wrp96 and fotographer like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just want to hear about the humiliation by the gate agent. Was a strip search involved? Bondage? Fishnet hose?
imkevinmc, AAway and scoonee like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Life is too short to be treated that way just to maintain status.

Jump ship. Quit giving horrible companies your money.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Life is too short to be treated that way just to maintain status.

Jump ship. Quit giving horrible companies your money.
At this point since the OP hasn't come back and won't share details why would any of us blame AA. If the OP tried to self upgrade boarding with Group 1 in the process he got what he deserved. But again we don't know. Why someone would post a "last straw" thread with no information and expect what? Others to agree with him?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.