Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines Alaska Lounge (nee Board Room) Access for Admirals Club Members

Below is a quick amalgamation of the new rules. NOTE: The LAX Alaska Lounge has different criteria than those in ANC, PDX and SEA. So does the SFO Alaska Lounge, which isn’t included under this agreement.

Anchorage, U.S. (ANC) Alaska Lounge1

Los Angeles, U.S. (LAX) Alaska Lounge1

Portland, U.S. (PDX) Alaska Lounge1

San Diego, U.S. (SAN) AirSpace Lounge 2

Seattle, U.S. (SEA) Alaska Lounge – Concourse C1
Alaska Lounge – North Satellite1
Alaska Lounge – Concourse D1

1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).

2Must present your membership card at lounge check-in counter.

LAX (T6 mezzanine level):
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA or AS operated/marketed flights (2 guests or immediate family permitted). (Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is a valid membership card for the primary cardholder, not authorized users.)

As clarified by madcard, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub
»
Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers (traveling on AA only) must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA international flights, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
ANC (near C1), PDX (near C5), SEA (near D1):
Must present Admirals Club membership card, including Citi Executive card and boarding pass for same day travel on AS or AA marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or AS flight number and flown on AA or AS aircraft.
NOTE: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® authorized users are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well - but not Alaska Lounges or Qantas Clubs, etc.)

––

NB: This thread is based on the current access privileges. The previous regime is discussed in the archived thread here:
ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)
Print Wikipost

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by cmanc
I know that but Admirals Club uses the AS lounge at SEATAC since there is no AC lounge to use but obviously they didn't negotiate or weren't willing to pay for access to OWE flying on AA metal.
There's only one other oneworld airline flying out of SEA, BA. They have their own lounge in the South Satellite...

OW's presence in SEA is pretty weak and pathetic, I agree; JL and CX serve YVR and SFO on both sides, but not SEA... so that is likely your problem.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I count 30 daily US+AA flights this summer. At some point, AA is going to have to do something more with the lounge access in SEA (more than the current agreement with AS). Once the new AS club at the N gates is complete, perhaps AA can reach an agreement with AA to fully share the current club (have both AA and AS agents there with full AC rights like they do in other airports).
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Other than getting paid by AA, I don't see any benefit for AS (or their FFers) if they share their lounges with AA elites on int'l tickets. AS already has lounges at their airports that serve the int'l flights to Mexico, except at SJC and SAN. SJC doesn't have an AC and the terminal that AS uses at SAN doesn't have any lounges. Who knows what will happen though with the AS-DL relationship...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by formeraa
I count 30 daily US+AA flights this summer. At some point, AA is going to have to do something more with the lounge access in SEA (more than the current agreement with AS). Once the new AS club at the N gates is complete, perhaps AA can reach an agreement with AA to fully share the current club (have both AA and AS agents there with full AC rights like they do in other airports).
Why? Club members and those flying in First are covered by the reciprocity agreement. Eligible oneworld members can use BA Terraces. I honestly don't see AA dropping money on AS to pay for others' access or services.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Why? Club members and those flying in First are covered by the reciprocity agreement. Eligible oneworld members can use BA Terraces. I honestly don't see AA dropping money on AS to pay for others' access or services.
A couple of things to note:

1. Today, BA has one flight at 7:15pm. That means the lounge is open from 3pm to 7:15pm -- which is not very convenient for OW members flying AA, plus it is in the South Satellite (far away from AA). And 90% of AA/US's flights are NOT between 3pm and 7:15pm.

2. AC members who are not flying AA cannot use the AS club. If I am flying WN, I can't use my AC membership at the AS Club. However, if it was an AC, I would be able to use it when flying any airline.

3. Once the AS N club is done, AS is going to be paying alot more rent on the club space than they do today. Plus, AS club members will be split between the new club and the current club. I think they would welcome AA into the current club as a "split" club -- it would mean more revenue for AS.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

The bottom line: Will AA, which closed its SEA Club, be willing to pay to share the new Board Room? I suspect not.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Why? Club members and those flying in First are covered by the reciprocity agreement.
The link you posted earlier doesn't seem to indicate that passengers in premium cabins are eligible to enter the Board Room in SEA. Are you sure about those flying in first getting access?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by jordyn
The link you posted earlier doesn't seem to indicate that passengers in premium cabins are eligible to enter the Board Room in SEA. Are you sure about those flying in first getting access?
I was flying F and wasn't allowed in had to be an AC member to be let in according to the lounge dragon :-)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by formeraa
2. AC members who are not flying AA cannot use the AS club. If I am flying WN, I can't use my AC membership at the AS Club. However, if it was an AC, I would be able to use it when flying any airline.
At least it changed so that AC members traveling AS (or US) now get access in addition to flying AA.

Also.- AA does not allow domestic F passengers in the AC lounge (nor the AS lounge). F and J on LAX/SFO to JFK and LAX to MIA do get lounge access and 3 cabin F get Flagship access.

AS does allow AS F passengers in AS Lounge if you are on paid F or reward F (but not upgrade F).

Last edited by cova; Apr 20, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by cova
Also.- AA does not allow domestic F passengers in the AC lounge (nor the AS lounge). F and J on LAX/SFO to JFK and LAX to MIA do get lounge access and 3 cabin F get Flagship access.
Sure, but they do allow people traveling as part of an international premium cabin itinerary to use the AC. It seems like their agreement with AS doesn't cover premium passengers, which I find a bit surprising and rather lame even if you can see how the mismatch in AS and AA's policies are probably the root cause.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jordyn
Sure, but they do allow people traveling as part of an international premium cabin itinerary to use the AC. It seems like their agreement with AS doesn't cover premium passengers, which I find a bit surprising and rather lame even if you can see how the mismatch in AS and AA's policies are probably the root cause.
Well, that's most likely the reason.

The easiest path was reciprocal lounge access, rather than AA paying for their (much less other airlines') international premium passengers that don't meet reciprocity rules (likely a small number). Compromise? Sure. Economics-based business decision? Sure.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I had no problem using the AS lounge when flying SEA-JFK in F
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I had no problem using the AS lounge when flying SEA-JFK in F
Last time I visited, the agent at the desk mentioned something like this as well. I'm an AC member, and I handed her my boarding pass and asked if she also needed to see my AC card. She said no because I was in F to JFK.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by COnned
Last time I visited, the agent at the desk mentioned something like this as well. I'm an AC member, and I handed her my boarding pass and asked if she also needed to see my AC card. She said no because I was in F to JFK.
Yep, she said the same exact thing to me. She was going to call AA to verify my AC membership but said she didn't have to since I was in F already.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:00 pm

I'm Admirals Club and went to SeaTac lounge (a few times). Its a fight each time. The AA Award phone app works for AA. But I plead my case, they refuse to look my AA #up. I ask if they look up the cards; they don't. Ultimately they let me in. It's a lot of negotiating for a free cup of coffee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.