FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:49 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Does anyone know if flying AA out of SEA as an AA Exec MC AU will get access? I asked above a couple months back about flying AS as an AU and was denied at the LAX AS Lounge as a result of being an AU
What is a “AA Exec MC AU“? Is an “AU” intended to mean “Gold” or MVP Gold? (The element symbol for gold is “Au” - from the Latin Aurum - and on AA we use Dold Gold or occasionally some use GLD; please forgive my confusion.)

If you hold a CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite™ MastercardŽ and are the primary cardholder, you hold a regular Admirals Card Membership and you’re flying AS out of SEA:

“1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).”

If you are denied for presenting a CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite™ MastercardŽ, explain it includes a regular Admirals Club Membership. If that fails, ask for a supervisor - bearing in mind iirc they can fall back on a capacity clause.

(I’m the one getting “Dold”, because my cataracts are dimming my vision. I’ve just been cleared for surgery, so... that should be less problematic.)

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 4, 2018 at 9:36 pm