Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Requests for MileSAAver inventory from RM / QMAX limitations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

As of 8 April 2014, AA was said to no longer permitting telephone agents make requests for award inventory to be released. This used to be an undocumented benefit for EXPs and was a request to Revenue Management via the QMAX system. This was in error.

Originally Posted by JonNYC
slight clarification:
  • Update 1710CT/23MAY QSDLFC

The QMAX Shopping Requests guidelines have been modified to reflect the correct policy. The only scenarios that apply when shopping via QMAX are:
  • To complete a party
  • To complete an itinerary
  • Schedule Changes
  • Medical or Death
  • To correct AA error
This includes Z/U/T inventories. See AADAVAIL for guidelines.

The automated system will have an immediate answer and/or PNR documentation either confirming or denying the shopping request. If the above scenarios are denied, contact RSD for assistance. QMAX Appeals Requests is still being reviewed.
This is not related to to the issue of "expanded availability" for EXPs, which is a documented EXP benefit and does still appear to be available.

Updated 16 Jun 2017
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Leopold
Why are there so many reports that this procedure is no longer available? Someone has been given inaccurate information.
You have information to the contrary?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Since this is now more or less confirmed in AA's own words, I've updated the thread title.

~Moderator
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Indeed -- where "right the first time" could mean "not making the mistake of providing expanded availability for EXPs like we were doing in the past"…
Again, let's please not confuse the two issues.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Yes, I am confused about the two issues Would someone with a better understanding than myself be so kind as to make notes in the wiki?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Yes, I am confused about the two issues Would someone with a better understanding than myself be so kind as to make notes in the wiki?
It's not actually all that complicated. "Expanded Availability" is award availability that an EP agent can instantly see and offer as it's sitting in their system already. Expanded award availability is documented historically in EP guide:
As an Executive Platinum member, you have exclusive access to additional MileSAAver® award seating for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and American Connection flights for you and a companion. While this does not guarantee available seating, it does provide more options when you’re traveling on a MileSAAver award. Simply contact the Executive Platinum Service Desk when you are ready to plan an award trip.
The QMAX/revenue management request required them to query a system that would "ask" (automated ask and then actual ping to a human) for award inventory to be released. Entirely different process. This process was 100% UNdocumented/unadvertised and was briefly outlined here:
http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...&postcount=111
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Platinum, SM, OP, HHonors Gold, SPG Ambassador
I'm so disappointed in AA. I left DL last year because of the scam tactics and now I feel like the deceit is just following me around. I'm so sick ok these "enhancements"
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by saleenxp8
I'm so disappointed in AA. I left DL last year because of the scam tactics and now I feel like the deceit is just following me around. I'm so sick ok these "enhancements"
Of the April 8th changes, I can't see the faintest, slightest element of "deceit" in the one discussed in this thread.

Last edited by JonNYC; Apr 27, 2014 at 6:05 pm Reason: "The" = "see"
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Of the April 8th changes, I can't the the faintest, slightest element of "deceit" in the one discussed in this thread.
The concept of "premium dates" in which MileSaaver will never be available (and never was) is a bit deceitful in my mind...
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
The concept of "premium dates" in which MileSaaver will never be available (and never was) is a bit deceitful in my mind...
No argument. Nothing to do with qmax though.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:54 pm

No argument. Nothing to do with qmax though.
Agreed but you did say "the changes discussed in this thread" and I discussed the date thing...never mind.

I do hope we hear more about how these premium dates are working though from FT/AA
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
Agreed but you did say "the changes discussed in this thread"..
Nope, didn't.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:20 pm

Of the April 8th changes, I can't see the faintest, slightest element of "deceit" in the one discussed in this thread.
Nope, didn't.
I was told by an EXP agent that the premium dates were a change made on April 8. I mentioned said premium dates earlier in this thread. I believe those changes, dated the 8th and discussed in this thread, to be deceitful.

Last edited by tylerdurden4543; Apr 27, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
It seems perfectly transparent to me that "the one [change] discussed in this thread" is referring to the restrictions imposed in QMAX queries, as indicated in the thread title, rather than a superfluous change that was also made on April 8 and was the focus of an off-topic discussion in the minority of the thread. Just sayin...
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
<duplicate>
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
It's not actually all that complicated. "Expanded Availability" is award availability that an EP agent can instantly see and offer as it's sitting in their system already. Expanded award availability is documented historically in EP guide…

The QMAX/revenue management request required them to query a system that would "ask" (automated ask and then actual ping to a human) for award inventory to be released. Entirely different process. This process was 100% UNdocumented/unadvertised and was briefly outlined here:
http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...&postcount=111
Thanks. I've created a wikipost with this information -- please would anyone let me know if it's not correct, and feel free to make changes as needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.