Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantageŽ Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage GoldŽ status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage PlatinumŽ status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American EagleŽ or the AmericanConnectionŽ

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

• Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

• ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

• Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
wow, things sure are quiet around here...

... but no longer! Hit the magical 2MM this week...

... on my birthday....
... granted an in-flight OP-UP on BA from WT+ to Club....
... and with the kind help of everyone here....

No letter or email, but eVIPs posted a couple of days later.

To say I couldn't have done this without the assistance of my fellow FTers would be quite an understatement. Long live FT and here's to a loooooong enjoyment of LT GLD/PLT for those of us who worked so hard to get there.

Best,

KFM
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats!

How did that work? How did BA have any idea of what happened?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:40 pm

Believe me, I worked through a number of scenarios in my head (OW status, Sky Marshall needed the seat, even that it was my birthday although I assumed that was a longshot), but it turned out to be simple dumb luck. Some Y passenger was complaining because her IFE didn't work and I was randomly selected as a Y+ solo traveler to free up the seat (Y and Y+ were full). I spoke with the FA who had no idea of my OW status.... The irony is that, after I moved, the Y passenger just switched with her friend and never took my previous seat.^

A great way to hit 2MM.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:47 pm

my letter arrived, for those who wish to look for any changes....

Dear KFM,

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think earning 2,000,000 AAdvantageŽ miles is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

To recognize this important milestone, you will soon receive a new membership card with the distinctive multi-Million MilerSM emblem that indicates your 2,000,000 mile achievement. And as a special thank you for your loyalty, we have deposited four one-way Systemwide Upgrades into your upgrade account. Systemwide Upgrades allow you to confirm an available seat in the next class of service at time of booking (subject to availability) when you are flying around the world on virtually all revenue tickets on American Airlines. Visit aa.com/systemwideupgrades for complete details.

Plus, your multi-Million Miler status includes AAdvantage PlatinumŽ membership for the lifetime of that program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher elite level, you will be recognized at the higher level.

The special recognition and benefits we offer to our multi-Million Miler members is our way of saying thank you for all of your loyalty. In fact, thanks a million!

Yours truly,

Suzanne L. Rubin
President
AAdvantageŽ Loyalty Program

----
Anything new here? 'Lifetime of THAT program'?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I made 1mm last Oct. Because I had an int'l address (for real), I got 4 SWUs. Do int'l flyers crossing 1mm now get only 35,000 miles?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
Got to 1MM this week and got my 35k bonus pts. Saving up points for 3 rt tickets to london next year - hoping to go first class as I've never been up front in a 3-class plane.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I just crossed the 2MM threshold, ironically via partner flights. After the first leg of a recent trip, I was at 1,999,9xx miles and could've made lifetime PLT with a SFO-SJC leg.

After 25+ years in the AAdvantage program, it will be nice to not worry about requalifying for status . . . EVER!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I just crossed the threshold to 2MM this morning and my status now reflects Platinum!

I hit 1MM back in 2009 and was sitting at 1.15MM when they announced the changes. Through Citi AA applications, SPG and HH transfers, and a few other things, I was able to get to about 1.8MM by 12/1. I did the final 215k mainly through Citi AA World Elite spending.

It was quite a journey earning 850k miles in less than a year, but well worth it. Glad to have Lifetime Platinum locked in!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Congrats on the milesone KFM!

I also just crossed the threshold on BA metal. I was outbound in WT+.

The best part is that I made EXP and 2MM on the same flight. I estimate I hit Exp somewhere over Greenland and LT Plt somewhere over Ireland.

Now to start my 12 step program! I may even give one or two to Mrs. JPL!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: AA PLT 1.95 MM
Program Miles to Date 2,000,192

Alas new rules

Million Miler Balance 1,947,744 I got close before they changed it, this last bit seems very slow. The posts here slowing show what a big change in the program had its effect.

Not bad for not being a business flyer.

Thanks guys for the help.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Just crossed on on my return flight from Houston yesterday. Crossed the first million in 2009.

Million Miler Balance** 2,000,237
Program to Date Miles 2,132,701
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
The conclusion of my quest

I hope the mods and other members will forgive me for creating a new thread to post about a relatively mundane occurrence, but I'm feeling over the moon because yesterday I finally completed my 2millionquest! Guess I should ask to change my FT handle, but I'm feeling rather sentimental about it so I think I'll keep it.

Because I flew my last segment late in the day yesterday, my AAdvantage account currently shows my MillionMiler Balance at 1,999,679. I've saved that screen capture! It also shows my PTD miles at 2,100,697, but I'm not feeling sour-grapish enough to make a fuss about that!

Yesterday was an interesting day to be completing my quest. I flew ORD-LAX-ORD, with about seven hours on the ground in L.A. I planned to spend that time with my daughter, who lives less than a mile from LAX, in fact, and has turned my go-to ORD-LAX-ORD same-day-turn MR route into something at least approaching plausibility since she moved there in May. My upgrades had cleared on both segments at precisely the 100-hour mark, and I had been able to snag my favorite seat, 4F, on both legs.

Had a moment on the outbound where I seriously though my crossover would occur via ORC. What a letdown. We pulled away from the gate about 10 minutes late due to "extra baggage loading." Got on the runway and about half a second into the acceleration for takeoff when the plane suddenly came to screeching halt and pilot turned us off the runway. We started taxiing back to the gate. Pilot came on the PA and told us that a light pilots "affectionately call the 'do not fly' light" had come on, and we needed to go back to the gate to have it fixed. Oh, well, I thought, there goes my day. But luck was on my side. Just before we actually reached the gate, the pilot came back on and explained that during our 15-minute return taxi, he and the FO had been on the line with MX, and they had suggested a couple of procedures to "fix the problem." One had worked, and we were now going to turn back around and head back out to the runway. Yay! We took off 40 minutes late, arriving in L.A. ~25 minutes after our originally scheduled arrival. I sent Applause certs up to the pilot and FO during the flight, and handed two out to the outstanding FAs as I deplaned.

Return flight was scheduled for 5:25. When I got to the gate at 4:45, I noted that the 4:25 departure for ORD (next gate over) had not yet boarded. And two gates away, a DFW flight was severely delayed. Lots of announcements to both sets of pax. Lots of unhappy people milling about. At one point, after an announcement that they didn't know how much longer the 4:25 to ORD would be delayed, there was a max exodus of pax from that flight to our 5:25 departure flight, which apparently had a lot of coach seats available. We boarded 10 minutes late, but still were fully boarded 10 minutes before scheduled pushback. Which did not occur. FAs were very attentive, doing a full PDB service and taking dinner orders, but door remained open and no news from up front.

Then, at about 5:45, pilot came on the PA to announce that there was an MX issue. He said it had already been fixed, but there was some paperwork and double-checking still to be done. We should be in the air within half an hour. He sounded very defensive and upset. He said the problem "wasn't just a broken coffee pot or a spring in my seat", but was something about a warning light for the cargo doors being open or closed and that he didn't feel comfortable flying a plane where he couldn't be 100% sure that the cargo doors were closed unless somebody standing outside the plane told him so. Seemed pretty reasonable to me! Two more of my dwindling supply of Applause certs went forward. We took off at about 6:15 and arrived at ORD ~25 minutes late.

As I boarded my return flight, I handed out little packages of chocolate to the GAs and FAs, explaining the significance of the flight and that I wanted to let everyone at AA know that, despite occasional difficulties, I'm a very happy AA FF. One FA wanted to make an announcement, but I asked her not to. During the flight, she came to my seat and offered me champaign. I told her I would be driving myself home from the airport very late at night and didn't feel comfortable drinking alcohol during the flight. So she returned a bit later and gave me two little bottles of the stuff, carefully wrapped up inside an airsick bag with a handwritten congratulatory note on the front signed by the captain, FO, and both FAs.

Basically just a pretty normal day in the life of an AA FF, but a significant one for me. I wanted to take a moment to thank my fellow FTers (and any AA folk who happen to be reading this) who have helped make my quest such fun. You guys are the greatest!

Here's to the next million!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Congrats!

I'd be happy to make it to 1 million...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by 2millionquest
I hope the mods and other members will forgive me for creating a new thread to post about a relatively mundane occurrence, but I'm feeling over the moon because yesterday I finally completed my 2millionquest!
I think I can speak for most of us here in saying that we're all quite happy that you made it! I know that my own quest was made much longer by the new program, so you're lucky to have made it.

As you did note though, we do have a consolidated thread for just this kind of happy story, and for the sake of keeping our very busy board as usable as possible, I've gone ahead and merged your thread in. That's not taking away from your achievement in the least, merely grouping you in with the other good news stories.

~Moderator
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Microwave
I think I can speak for most of us here in saying that we're all quite happy that you made it! I know that my own quest was made much longer by the new program, so you're lucky to have made it.

As you did note though, we do have a consolidated thread for just this kind of happy story, and for the sake of keeping our very busy board as usable as possible, I've gone ahead and merged your thread in. That's not taking away from your achievement in the least, merely grouping you in with the other good news stories.

~Moderator
Thanks, Microwave, for allowing me to create a bit of extra work for you without being snarky. I appreciate your kindness. Although I suspected that such a thread probably existed, I admit to only making a cursory search before posting. I didn't find this thread during that search, so I started a new thread. I know that's a no-no, but since the whole reason I joined FT in the first place was to reach 2MM as quickly and effectively as possible, I wanted to SHOUT TO THE WORLD that I'd finally done it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.