Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantage® Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Gold® status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Platinum® status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American Eagle® or the AmericanConnection®

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by steve32
I only just crossed 400k BIS miles on all airlines, both paid and awards, two and a half years after I earned 2MM on the old rules.

I am very glad I pushed and earned the 2MM between Jan 2006 and May 2009.

Steve32
Steve32, very glad you pushed it through in 2009 as well. Wish I had! It didn't cross my mind at the time. I even credited my BA account with miles.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Congratulations to Short hair Francis on hitting 1MM today!

Bravo my friend!
At the ripe old age of 22.
For those of you on 1521 and 1522 tonight, say congrats and sign the board.
Hope I embarrassed you Francis! :cool

Last edited by SFO777; Feb 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SFO777
Bravo my friend!
Hope I embarrassed you Francis!
That had my last name on it!!! Pull that off, white it out or something!!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
So embarrassed!
Fixed it!

Last edited by SFO777; Feb 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Congratulations!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Bravo my friend!
Hope I embarrassed you Francis!
So embarrassed!
Thanks SFO777 , you just didn't realize my last name on sitting right out there in the open

Talk about giving me a heart attack
Even flying 52K BIS and 38 segments this month wasn't as mentally draining as for the 6 minutes my name went live on Flyertalk
or the Two 7 day Mileage Runs I'm doing in Jan and Feb
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:51 pm

Bravo my friend!
Hope I embarrassed you Francis! :cool

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...1MM-mile-L.jpg
At least I got the 1mm before I got my bachelor's ^

And since SFO777 made that live to everyone on FT
You better be showing up to SFO tonight now!
Mrs. SFO can roll her eyes for 100 times and you better be coming

Here's my 9 remaining legs of my 18 leg MR this week,
if anyone is interested to sign on the bristleboard this weekend.
Should also be easy to catch me in the AC prior to the flights

Feb 2 - AA 1521 ORD-SFO
Feb 2 - AA 1522 SFO-ORD [1 million miler flight]
Feb 3 - AA 2099 ORD-LAX
Feb 4 - AA 1196 LAX-ORD
Feb 4 - AA 1561 ORD-SFO
Feb 4 - AA 1522 SFO-ORD
Feb 5 - AA 2099 ORD-LAX
Feb 5 - AA 1372 LAX-ORD
Feb 5 - AA 3874 ORD-YYZ

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 2, 2012 at 9:11 pm Reason: removed [img] tag from quoted post
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United Gold, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Emerald Club
Congrats! Have fun flying the rest of your flights.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
congrats!

but just out of curiosity, why the freak out over the last name? i know that we all use handles and like our anonymity and each person is different...so maybe it's just me that doesn't really value my privacy as much. i understand if you're a celebrity or something i suppose but even then, ashton kutcher doesn't mind letting the world know his twitter account, etc.

my wife always tells me to stop making my facebook page world readable (not just to my friends but anyone can see my stuff on facebook) and i have my pictures up on my photography site at danpaik.com and yes, my full name is Dan Paik.

RVD / Rock - my 2 favorite (now former) WWE wrestlers
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Rock72
but just out of curiosity, why the freak out over the last name? i know that we all use handles and like our anonymity and each person is different...so maybe it's just me that doesn't really value my privacy as much.
Are you posting all your upcoming itineraries in public? If so, any concern that they could be tampered with if someone has both your name and future travel plans with specific flights?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:30 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
At least I got the 1mm before I got my bachelor's ^
Congrats!

Which side of the border are you getting your bachelor's on? If at BUF, then you can meet my sister, who is also your age, and a 0MM.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:12 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Congratulations to SHF on his first Million!

Happy Lifetime Gold...

Only 1,000,000 to go for LTP...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:19 pm

Thanks for all the congrats, its fantastic to see something other than the herb crested chicken with sweet potatoes or cheese filled pasta shells on marinara sauce
Definitely have seen that thing too much in January

On the way over on AA 1521 ORD-SFO, and I started off by sitting in someone else First Class Seat tonight Oops
We're early tonight

congrats!

but just out of curiosity, why the freak out over the last name? i know that we all use handles and like our anonymity and each person is different...so maybe it's just me that doesn't really value my privacy as much. i understand if you're a celebrity or something i suppose but even then, ashton kutcher doesn't mind letting the world know his twitter account, etc.

my wife always tells me to stop making my facebook page world readable (not just to my friends but anyone can see my stuff on facebook)
Well I see facebook and Flyertalk somewhat different, I can control the content I let other see in facebook. They are less things I'm afraid to say on fb vs. FT.
Flyertalk is pretty out there, I can't control access of info on FT :P
Anyone has access to such information and I don't think my full name along with an itinerary would be good to let the entire world know.
I could think of at least 1 or 2 gals that would love nothing more but the pleasure to send me up to FAI in January

Originally Posted by tom911
Are you posting all your upcoming itineraries in public? If so, any concern that they could be tampered with if someone has both your name and future travel plans with specific flights?
+1, we've already seen 1 Flyertalker that in the last year alone has someone tampered with their flights.
Thats why I'm kinda hesitant about my last name being known out there.
Some AAers I meet in the last couple of years have me on facebook but those are select few have earn my respect, and I trust they won't go blabber all my stuff out to the general public.
That being said, I'm rarely the kind to post that info so publicly, and hence the immediate phone call and message to SFO777 for the retraction.

Originally Posted by uxb
Congrats!

Which side of the border are you getting your bachelor's on? If at BUF, then you can meet my sister, who is also your age, and a 0MM.
I'm about 10 mins from the border on the Canadian side
That being said, I'm usually across at least once a month if not more.
Let me guess, UB or Niagara University, lol

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Congratulations to SHF on his first Million!

Happy Lifetime Gold...

Only 1,000,000 to go for LTP...
Oh boy, are we planning the parade for that one already
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
congrats!

my wife always tells me to stop making my facebook page world readable (not just to my friends but anyone can see my stuff on facebook) and i have my pictures up on my photography site at danpaik.com and yes, my full name is Dan Paik.

RVD / Rock - my 2 favorite (now former) WWE wrestlers
Exactly. I was gonna say something else but will keep it to myself.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Thanks for all the congrats, its fantastic to see something other than the herb crested chicken with sweet potatoes or cheese filled pasta shells on marinara sauce
Definitely have seen that thing too much in January

On the way over on AA 1521 ORD-SFO, and I started off by sitting in someone else First Class Seat tonight Oops
We're early tonight

Well I see facebook and Flyertalk somewhat different, I can control the content I let other see in facebook. They are less things I'm afraid to say on fb vs. FT.
Flyertalk is pretty out there, I can't control access of info on FT :P
Anyone has access to such information and I don't think my full name along with an itinerary would be good to let the entire world know.
I could think of at least 1 or 2 gals that would love nothing more but the pleasure to send me up to FAI in January

+1, we've already seen 1 Flyertalker that in the last year alone has someone tampered with their flights.
Thats why I'm kinda hesitant about my last name being known out there.
Some AAers I meet in the last couple of years have me on facebook but those are select few have earn my respect, and I trust they won't go blabber all my stuff out to the general public.
That being said, I'm rarely the kind to post that info so publicly, and hence the immediate phone call and message to SFO777 for the retraction.

I'm about 10 mins from the border on the Canadian side
That being said, I'm usually across at least once a month if not more.
Let me guess, UB or Niagara University, lol

Oh boy, are we planning the parade for that one already
What is FAI? Red/Bold is mine. Plus, January of 2012 is over.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.