Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dukerau
Oh, no doubt. I guess I was asking if it's worth the premium though. I've been on LHR-CLT where economy is only 40% full several times. If that happens, I'd rather pay economy prices and finding an empty row than be in 752 business class. But of course that's far from guaranteed . If this flight stays on the 752, I'll keep an eye out for something better (read: anything) in business class on another route or airline, but will just suck it up if nothing works out. IME, award availability usually comes through (though maybe a few days before flying) if you're cognizant and ready to jump.
I ended up flying this aircraft CLT-DUB. Much to my surprise, I found it fine. Yes, IFE was pitiful (tablets) and the seats weren't even angle flat, but I slept as good as I normally do on A330s to Europe. The seat itself was much more comfortable than the A330 and I woke up with fewer aches and pains I am used to after plane sleeping, yes, even in J.

I would still prefer the A330 or any other TATL aircraft, but would I go out of my way (additional connection, etc) to avoid this 757? No.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by akcae
Isn't the front cabin on these planes marketed as J?
Not when they operate domestic routes such as PHX-HNL.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:47 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rgronenb
Far be it for me to defend AA, but while the B752 definitely isn't a modern aircraft, there's a lot more legroom in the MCE and exit rows through row 18 than you'll ever find on BA. And beer and wine are FREE throughout the flight. If you must have a gin and tonic, that will cost you $8 but I doubt you'll consume $500 worth of cocktails (plus the free beer and wine) on the flight. So I would definitely stick with AA.
The heck with the Xanax, just ask for wine or beer every time a FA comes by. Really I would stick with the 757. I just flew one and it wasn't that bad. You also might luck out and find the flight 50% empty.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by stc
The heck with the Xanax, just ask for wine or beer every time a FA comes by. Really I would stick with the 757. I just flew one and it wasn't that bad. You also might luck out and find the flight 50% empty.
Ah, didn't realize beer and wine were free on AA. Couldn't find it explicitly on the website. Might still fly LGW-TPA for the novelty. Us TPA folks only have 3 nonstops to Europe.

Flying on 11/28 and just checked expertflyer. AA 203 AMS-PHL is probably at 70% capacity. BA 2167 LGW-TPA is at 10%. That might be the deciding factor. Thanks for the help folks!

EDIT: Just realized I made a big mistake looking at a BA Seat Map on ExperFlyer since seat selection isn't available until check-in. Either way, every fare class is showing max availability so that's a good sign.

Last edited by FlyerTalkUserName; Oct 19, 2016 at 8:01 am
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:45 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Ah, didn't realize beer and wine were free on AA. Couldn't find it explicitly on the website. Might still fly LGW-TPA for the novelty. Us TPA folks only have 3 nonstops to Europe.

Flying on 11/28 and just checked expertflyer. AA 203 AMS-PHL is probably at 70% capacity. BA 2167 LGW-TPA is at 10%. That might be the deciding factor. Thanks for the help folks!

EDIT: Just realized I made a big mistake looking at a BA Seat Map on ExperFlyer since seat selection isn't available until check-in. Either way, every fare class is showing max availability so that's a good sign.
To be clear Beer and Wine are free on AA Internationally not on US Domestic flights.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by stc
To be clear Beer and Wine are free on AA Internationally not on US Domestic flights.
Except AA Shuttle.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by grapkoski
Except AA Shuttle.
I keep waiting for AA to enhance/integrate away the traditions of the LUS Shuttle, but they just keep hanging on. Maybe they're smart enough to realize they'd have a full riot on their hands from old-timers if they changed those things.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:05 pm

Considering a flight DUB-PHL on a 757 in Jan. The seat map shows row 4 and 5 before the exit row 7. Seat guru states that row 4 has extra legroom, even though it is a bulkhead seat. Is seat guru correct in this case? Otherwise I'll try for row 7. Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Considering a flight DUB-PHL on a 757 in Jan. The seat map shows row 4 and 5 before the exit row 7. Seat guru states that row 4 has extra legroom, even though it is a bulkhead seat. Is seat guru correct in this case? Otherwise I'll try for row 7. Thanks
What did you end up choosing? I just booked a SNN to PHL flight on the AA 757-200 V4.

Last edited by MSPdude; Feb 16, 2017 at 12:03 pm Reason: Added AA
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by MSPdude
What did you end up choosing? I just booked a SNN to PHL flight on the AA 757-200 V4.
I was in row 4 on this aircraft a few weeks ago and the leg room was sufficient (I'm 6'2"). The aisle seat is most ideal as one can stick their feet out past the bulkhead although you have to deal with the stupid curtain. Basically there's no great seat on this outdated configuration but its a relatively short flight so it's doable.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It seems that with the return of the "B75H" (LUS Hawaii 757-200) to their lessors, the LUS 757 "East" 757s will go to the Hawaii service and the LUS 757-200 with the B/E Aerospace Diamond seats will go to reviously US transatlantic routes such as PHL-LIS.

Link to 11 Jun 2017 Boarding Area article
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDiver
It seems that with the return of the "B75H" (LUS Hawaii 757-200) to their lessors, the LUS 757 "East" 757s will go to the Hawaii service and the LUS 757-200 with the B/E Aerospace Diamond seats will go to reviously US transatlantic routes such as PHL-LIS.

Link to 11 Jun 2017 Boarding Area article
Which, just to give credit where credit is due, got all it's actual info from this flyertalk post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28427678-post502.html
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Which, just to give credit where credit is due, got all it's actual info from this flyertalk post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28427678-post502.html
Thanks to TWA884.

Thank you! I had not seen that post.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:18 am

It looks like the 75E's will begin flying the afternoon PHX-LIH outbound and early LIH-PHX return starting in October. Only scheduled on Saturdays.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by strangiatotheme
It looks like the 75E's will begin flying the afternoon PHX-LIH outbound and early LIH-PHX return starting in October. Only scheduled on Saturdays.
From the seat maps it shows the LUS 75H planes with economy starting in row 8 for both flights. Where are you seeing the international configuration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.