Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I just flew this a/c yesterday PHL-CLT. It also had arrived from AMS and continued on to MCO from CLT (as a direct, one-stop flight).

I was in 3A and had NO trouble sleeping in these (tired from a long weekend, I was out as soon as we took off, and woke up on touch-down in CLT).
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
757 w/ only 12 seats in F?

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this question.

I just had an equipment change on a PHL-DFW leg of my next MR. Originally was on a 738 but is now switched to a 757. The seating configuration looks like F only has 12 seats on this 757. What gives? I haven't been on very many 757's so I don't know if that is standard or not...
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by PDXAA
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this question.

I just had an equipment change on a PHL-DFW leg of my next MR. Originally was on a 738 but is now switched to a 757. The seating configuration looks like F only has 12 seats on this 757. What gives? I haven't been on very many 757's so I don't know if that is standard or not...
These are the pmUS TATL 757s which are receiving MCE and new domestic F seating. And yes, it only has 12 F seats. However, if the seating chart display only has 1 row of Y seats (2 rows on the opposite side of the aisle) behind the F cabin and forward of Doors 2L/R, then it is one that has yet to be re-configured. And you will actually have a very nice domestic F seat.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by Fanjet
These are the pmUS TATL 757s which are receiving MCE and new domestic F seating. And yes, it only has 12 F seats. However, if the seating chart display only has 1 row of Y seats (2 rows on the opposite side of the aisle) behind the F cabin and forward of Doors 2L/R, then it is one that has yet to be re-configured. And you will actually have a very nice domestic F seat.
Looks like it may be one that has yet to be reconfigured. Fingers crossed! Flight 751 from PHL to DFW on 5/8
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Correct, these are the old US Envoy seats -- 60" pitch with recliners that have extendable foot rests. VERY comfortable, especially for any short-ish up-and-down east coast flights.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by akcae
Correct, these are the old US Envoy seats -- 60" pitch with recliners that have extendable foot rests. VERY comfortable, especially for any short-ish up-and-down east coast flights.
Agreed. This or the A330 are the only things I'll fly on from the US fleet (domestic of course).
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Lisbon - PHL on a 757. Thoughts/Experiences?

I'm considering taking the LIS-PHL flight next month but noticed it's operated on a 757. It's an almost 8 hour flight so I can't imagine sitting on a 757 for that long.

Wondering if others who have taken this flight (in Coach) can share their experiences? Which seats are best in Coach? I looked at seat guru but would love to hear some real life feedback.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
That got a quick redirect. Oh my, the AA forum could teach others lessons in organization and efficiency. ^
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That got a quick redirect. Oh my, the AA forum could teach others lessons in organization and efficiency. ^
Ha! I happened to be browsing when I saw the new thread pop up, and I knew where to quickly find this thread.

I've been on this aircraft several times, in both F and coach.

In coach, the exit rows are pretty decent. Seats 9DE are probably the best on the plane, especially if traveling with someone. I've been in 10F thinking that I'd still have decent legroom, but the slide really does protrude out. There is barely enough space to scoot through.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Unhappy

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I'm considering taking the LIS-PHL flight next month but noticed it's operated on a 757. It's an almost 8 hour flight so I can't imagine sitting on a 757 for that long.

Wondering if others who have taken this flight (in Coach) can share their experiences? Which seats are best in Coach? I looked at seat guru but would love to hear some real life feedback.
I took this PHL-Lis last year in the Y exit row 9C IIRC. I've also taken similar flights on United EWR-xxx. I don't think it's too bad in the exit row. My sister, on a different PNR, had a middle seat further back but she's more used to Y and didn't especially complain. I would not hesitate to take this on a redeye but would try for a newer plane with real MCE for the reverse, just cause I want to watch movies.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold

In coach I feel like it makes no difference. They're all coach seats. If you were in the J cabin that's a different story because the product is very behind there.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:44 am

We have a business class reservation on 12/30/16 PHL-AMS that was originally on a 12 seat LUS 757, the seating chart has now changed to a 16 seat business class LAA 757.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
We have a business class reservation on 12/30/16 PHL-AMS that was originally on a 12 seat LUS 757, the seating chart has now changed to a 16 seat business class LAA 757.
That's good news. Here's hoping they set up an LAA crew base in Philly soon.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: USairways, United, Hilton, Marriott

I took this flight last week. Business from PHL-LIS in 1F and Coach from LIS-PHL in 6D. Slept OK in 1F after dinner and a couple of glasses of wine. Chicken meal was good and substantial. Full recline would have been better, but it was tolerable. In coach 6E is like a mini first. Lots of leg room. Brought my own gourmet food. In each case, there is room to stand up.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
So I'm on AA798 PHL-AMS, departing Aug 30, flying coach.
I'm reading where this LUS B757 plane is due to be swapped out for a newer LAA B757, right around next week.
Any idea if it'll be on the newer version by then?
If so, is it noticeably improved for the coach passenger? Better IFE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.