Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Now that the first 757 is out with the same seats in J as the A321T, I wonder if we'll eventually (in AA speak, what, 2020?) see these on AMS, DUB, LIS etc.
Well, there are only around 10-11* 757 TATL flights during the peak summer months. So I think by next summer, they will all be "lie-flat seats" flights. And PHL-AMS at least goes to the NGBC seats next week IIRC.

*These are the summer TATL 757 flights I can think of:

JFK-DUB/EDI/BHX/CDG (1 of the 2 flights)
PHL-AMS/BRU/SNN/GLA/LIS
BOS-CDG
CLT-DUB (the tail-end of the summer season)
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; AA EXP / 2MM Lifetime Platnum; Hyatt Diamond
Some pictures of the cabin with the tablets given out during the flight. This was CLT-DUB
Attached Images     
Old Oct 8, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Ugh...worst international experience of the majors?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:25 am

Awful

Agree, the B-757s belong in a museum, not in the air. Economy class is antiquated, dilapidated and uncomfortable. AA feels they can exploit non-competitive routes by using these old aircraft, but their days are numbered.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Looks like I am on one of these PHX-HNL in the new year. Is personal IFE available in F on this route? Presumably if so it's in tablet format rather than an in-seat screen?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:28 pm

No personal IFE in economy class. Overhead screens in the aisle.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rgronenb
I'll be in F, but not sure whether on a domestic route (HNL) IFE would be offered like it would be on international routes.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Genius1
I'll be in F, but not sure whether on a domestic route (HNL) IFE would be offered like it would be on international routes.
No tablets in F. Only a overhead screen.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:45 pm

Mrs. FlyerTalkUserName and I are booked the following: AMS-PHL (overnight in PHL) PHL-MIA-TPA. We're planning to get off in PHL and fly on WN PHL-TPA the same night. That is unless AA opens up PHL-TPA award space close in (doubtful).

I've about convinced myself to book AMS-LGW-TPA on a BA772 and pay the $500 in surcharges in order to avoid the 752. That appears to be an older bird as well but has IFE and alcohol. Wanted to ask everyone in this thread what they would do?

Is the 752 economy $500 worse than BA 772 Economy? I undwrstand of course that $500 means a different things to different folks. It certainly isn't an inconsequential sum to us.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:10 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rgronenb
If they work. I was just on a EDI-JFK 757 flight where the IFE was down.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:23 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jongesander
No tablets in F. Only a overhead screen.
I believe all the ETOPs 757's have tablets in F.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by stc
I believe all the ETOPs 757's have tablets in F.
Isn't the front cabin on these planes marketed as J?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:34 pm
stc

Originally Posted by akcae
Isn't the front cabin on these planes marketed as J?
Yes, it is probably called J. But, I think most people would have gotten my point.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Mrs. FlyerTalkUserName and I are booked the following: AMS-PHL (overnight in PHL) PHL-MIA-TPA. We're planning to get off in PHL and fly on WN PHL-TPA the same night. That is unless AA opens up PHL-TPA award space close in (doubtful).

I've about convinced myself to book AMS-LGW-TPA on a BA772 and pay the $500 in surcharges in order to avoid the 752. That appears to be an older bird as well but has IFE and alcohol. Wanted to ask everyone in this thread what they would do?

Is the 752 economy $500 worse than BA 772 Economy? I undwrstand of course that $500 means a different things to different folks. It certainly isn't an inconsequential sum to us.
If you're comparing coach to coach, there's absolutely no way you could justify the BA experience is worth $500 more. Just stick with the 752, take a Xanax, and save your money.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:17 pm

Far be it for me to defend AA, but while the B752 definitely isn't a modern aircraft, there's a lot more legroom in the MCE and exit rows through row 18 than you'll ever find on BA. And beer and wine are FREE throughout the flight. If you must have a gin and tonic, that will cost you $8 but I doubt you'll consume $500 worth of cocktails (plus the free beer and wine) on the flight. So I would definitely stick with AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.