Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by dukerau
Bummer, I just saw that my CLT-DUB J flight in August was switched from an A330 to this plane. It looks miserable. How bad is it? I booked with miles, so should I just get it refunded and go economy to save a bit?
Frankly, I was surprised they originally loaded it for a 332 in the first place and not a 757. However, ORD-DUB is being upgauged from a 763 to a 332. Maybe you can see if they will let you switch it to that flight instead. Or via PHL (which I think is still loaded as a 332).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I flew this a/c MIA/PHL and then back again. While the F seats were incredibly old they were comfortable (more comfortable than the non CIP 763 seats). No AVOD or in seat entertainment. A/C looked pretty beat up with a 40 minute mechanical delay in PHL.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Fanjet
That seems to the the great unknown. I remember reading a few weeks ago that IB was delaying the retirement of their A343s. Which have the old business class seats on them. So maybe that's why lie-flat TATL flying is still not systemwide on AA. It could also be an issue with finding a reliable supplier for the new 757 J seats.

As for the old J seats on US. Those should be going away regardless. As those aircraft are being converted to 12F/176Y.
16 of 17 IB A340s have been retrofitted to fully horizontal lie flat seats.

OTOH, AA Zodiac 772 contract was canceled due to non-compliance (time issues) so there are 13 of 47 772s refurbished to fully horizontal seats. Though Zodiac will provide seats to perhaps 10 more 772s, they're obviously horribly behind and AA hasn't announced they've even selected a new supplier.

I think this AA issue has much more to do with the delay of horizontal flat seats on the JBV transatlantic flights than IB and its A340s.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
16 of 17 IB A340s have been retrofitted to fully horizontal lie flat seats.
Those are IB's A346s (which they plannned on keeping). It is their A343s which are now staying longer in the fleet than as planned. And they will not be getting lie-flat J seats. However, I agree that AA's supplier probelm could be the major factor in going past the "all lie-flat" target date.

It will be interesting to see what will happen this summer with the "pmUS" TATL 757 service. They are currently converting them to a domestic configuration. With 4 done and 12 left to go. IIRC, the scheduled pmUS 757 service this summer is PHL-LIS/SNN/AMS/BRU/GLA and apparently now CLT-DUB. Do they temporarily suspend the conversions to leave enough of the old configuartions to provide the TATL service? Or do they continue with them, and switch them out with pmAA 75Ls?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:44 pm

Frankly, I was surprised they originally loaded it for a 332 in the first place and not a 757. However, ORD-DUB is being upgauged from a 763 to a 332. Maybe you can see if they will let you switch it to that flight instead. Or via PHL (which I think is still loaded as a 332).
FWIW, PHL-DUB has already switched back to the 332 for the summer season.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:09 am

Bummer, I just saw that my CLT-DUB J flight in August was switched from an A330 to this plane. It looks miserable. How bad is it? I booked with miles, so should I just get it refunded and go economy to save a bit?
It's probably a place holder, they changed the flight times as well. So wait, I'd expect it to revert back to the 332 because thats what CLT-DUB-CLT is using as equipment till Monday 22nd August and thats an odd time to switch to the "Fall" schedule for CLT-DUB as many children are going back to school in Ireland and the UK.

If it doesn't change back, ask to switch to PHL/ORD-DUB.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:13 am

CLT-DUB-CLT is loaded as a 332 between May 5 and August 22, so it is not that the market isn't there for the 330. I'm guessing that it is a place holder or a dummy schedule, because the flight timings have also changed.

I'm surprised that its now a 752 in August, last year it reverted back to the 752 in mid-September after school started in Ireland and the UK.

But what do I know, I'm not scheduling, I'm just a FA.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Piedmont767
It's probably a place holder, they changed the flight times as well. So wait, I'd expect it to revert back to the 332 because thats what CLT-DUB-CLT is using as equipment till Monday 22nd August and thats an odd time to switch to the "Fall" schedule for CLT-DUB as many children are going back to school in Ireland and the UK.

If it doesn't change back, ask to switch to PHL/ORD-DUB.
How long should I wait until assuming the 752 is finalized? As much as I hate to admit it as a CLT-ean, CLT-DUB should logically get the worst international planes in the fleet. I just think these 752s shouldn't be in the fleet at all

I'm also happy to do CLT-LHR-DUB, CLT-MAD-DUB, etc. So there are lots of options. I'm keeping an eye on award availability on alternate routes as I doubt AA will put me on another route without award availability just because of the plane/product change on my original itinerary.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:41 am

How long should I wait until assuming the 752 is finalized? As much as I hate to admit it as a CLT-ean, CLT-DUB should logically get the worst international planes in the fleet. I just think these 752s shouldn't be in the fleet at all

I'm also happy to do CLT-LHR-DUB, CLT-MAD-DUB, etc. So there are lots of options. I'm keeping an eye on award availability on alternate routes as I doubt AA will put me on another route without award availability just because of the plane/product change on my original itinerary.
As a CLT-based FA that has lived in Charlotte for the past 29 years, and has worked all the aircraft from the E190 to the 330, I hate the 752 too.

I avoid the 752 like the plague, especially on TATL. When we got all flights to Europe on the 330s last year, I was hopping to all our European destinations from CLT.

Wait for 2-3 weeks from today, to allow for 2-3 schedule change weekends.

Fly from CLT-MAD/LHR then to Dublin and I could be your FA!
You are more likely to see me on BCN or CDG!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:53 pm

Just a puzzling question.
Booked on DUB-PHL-MCO 20 Aug.
Was originally showing as the dreaded 757, but a month ago, the flight changed to the A330-200
Now, the flight from PHL-MCO is still showing as the 757, whilst all other flights to MCO on that day are A330's
Others flying in different dats are saying that it's the same aircraft doing both flights
So, is the schedule wrong, or is the 757 still being used in that route for one flight?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlanA
Just a puzzling question.
Booked on DUB-PHL-MCO 20 Aug.
Was originally showing as the dreaded 757, but a month ago, the flight changed to the A330-200
Now, the flight from PHL-MCO is still showing as the 757, whilst all other flights to MCO on that day are A330's
Others flying in different dats are saying that it's the same aircraft doing both flights
So, is the schedule wrong, or is the 757 still being used in that route for one flight?
When I looked on aa's website for 20 August. It shows DUB-PHL (flt#723) as being a 332. However, there are no 332/333s scheduled between PHL and MCO. All are 321s with the exception of two 320s and one 752 (flt#759). And that 752 seat map shows it to be the intl 752 configuation. That aircraft could be arriving into PHL from SNN or LIS, for example. But at this point, it is definitely not arriving from DUB.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:03 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Assuming you don't need to earn miles, business class on anything has got to be better than economy on anything else.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by stc
Assuming you don't need to earn miles, business class on anything has got to be better than economy on anything else.
Oh, no doubt. I guess I was asking if it's worth the premium though. I've been on LHR-CLT where economy is only 40% full several times. If that happens, I'd rather pay economy prices and finding an empty row than be in 752 business class. But of course that's far from guaranteed . If this flight stays on the 752, I'll keep an eye out for something better (read: anything) in business class on another route or airline, but will just suck it up if nothing works out. IME, award availability usually comes through (though maybe a few days before flying) if you're cognizant and ready to jump.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I had this configuration in F on BOS-PHL on the 21st. It had just flown from Amsterdam. While I would have been underwhelmed on the INTL flight, it was an excellent domestic F flight... (sorry that it is tilted!)
Attached Images  
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Score8
I had this configuration in F on BOS-PHL on the 21st. It had just flown from Amsterdam. While I would have been underwhelmed on the INTL flight, it was an excellent domestic F flight... (sorry that it is tilted!)
I shifted this over from another 757 thread; this is the correct thread for this configuration.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.