Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:35 pm

I got the Byte impression kit (I think when it was 2500 miles? still a good deal), with every intention on at least submitting the impression kit and evaluating full aligners, because it's something I was already interested in.

However, I've been busy traveling and haven't had a good time to do the impression kit and mail it back, and they have been incessantly hounding me since the day they were shipped about doing them. They tried to schedule a USPS pickup at my house for the day after they were delivered so I'd return them immediately.

Maybe it's because I haven't given them a firm answer of "I've changed my mind" and just that "I'm too busy, I'll let you know when I do it" isn't good enough, but I've gotten so many texts messages and emails from their rep that it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Ha.

My point here is that if you plan on getting the kit for the points only with no intentions of returning it, be prepared to be hounded by their reps about it.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
For those of you who have signed up for the MOTLEY FOOL.....how long did it take for the bonus miles to post?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:11 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by 355F1
For those of you who have signed up for the MOTLEY FOOL.....how long did it take for the bonus miles to post?
The first time I signed up it didn't track at all (showed visit, but no purchase) so i canceled and re-signed up again. This time it tracked and received the bonus miles within a few days.
355F1 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by 355F1
3-4 days
355F1 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by murphy
The code MMDVISA5 is now giving the full 5% on giftcards.com. Including the fee it comes out to 243.45 per 250.
The miles post fine with this code, correct?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by nk15
The miles post fine with this code, correct?
Yep! It’s actually listed on the aadvantage site. Just make sure you don’t have any ad or cookie blockers turned on.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by murphy
Yep! It’s actually listed on the aadvantage site. Just make sure you don’t have any ad or cookie blockers turned on.
Thanks, I've also seen it, just double checking...
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by jsomber88
I got the Byte impression kit (I think when it was 2500 miles? still a good deal), with every intention on at least submitting the impression kit and evaluating full aligners, because it's something I was already interested in.

However, I've been busy traveling and haven't had a good time to do the impression kit and mail it back, and they have been incessantly hounding me since the day they were shipped about doing them. They tried to schedule a USPS pickup at my house for the day after they were delivered so I'd return them immediately.

Maybe it's because I haven't given them a firm answer of "I've changed my mind" and just that "I'm too busy, I'll let you know when I do it" isn't good enough, but I've gotten so many texts messages and emails from their rep that it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Ha.

My point here is that if you plan on getting the kit for the points only with no intentions of returning it, be prepared to be hounded by their reps about it.
Solved this by shipping under a random junk email, random phone number shipped to a shopping center and a VCC that will get shut off after the purchase. Miles already posted!
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by beam88
Got an email that Byte is at 3000 miles. Must purchase the Impression Kit, which is 14.95 $16 after tax.

16/3000 ≈ 0.53˘/LP & RDM

Good deal.
Be careful. Byte has all kinds of weasel wording. You will likely not get the LPs you expect.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
Be careful. Byte has all kinds of weasel wording. You will likely not get the LPs you expect.
I purchased yesterday and it hasn't tracked yet. I assume it has to ship first? But the post above yours claims that the miles already posted. What's the issue with miles not being awarded?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Everyone else just get a "You've earned mileage" email?

All four of my family accounts just received one. The most recent "recent activity" is from June 2021. The list of Recent Activity spans May 2018 to June 2021 for all four of them.

Odd.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
In April I did about 2k+ in purchases on Walmart to a dropshipper via portal and they all posted.

In May/June the same purchases are no longer being posted to mt account despite using the portal. Can Walmart ban my eportal from receiving points for overusage or reselling etc.? Just curious if that's the case or if Walmart in general just doesn't post accurately since May
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA, Cap1
Originally Posted by vasantn
Interesting. So far they’ve shown up pending on eShopping. Refreshing after all the trouble I’ve had with GC[.]com.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA, Cap1
Originally Posted by CPRich
Everyone else just get a "You've earned mileage" email?

All four of my family accounts just received one. The most recent "recent activity" is from June 2021. The list of Recent Activity spans May 2018 to June 2021 for all four of them.

Odd.
Yea I got one that showed a random couple of offers I earned in the past months, not even the latest ones.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I purchased yesterday and it hasn't tracked yet. I assume it has to ship first? But the post above yours claims that the miles already posted. What's the issue with miles not being awarded?
I got mine pretty quickly, within a day or two I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.