Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
I thought I understood how BD calculates monthly mileage until I looked at the April activity today (on the BD website). The amount to be credited to AA is less than 10% of my initial balance on April 1 even though my only activity in April is a relatively small deposit on April 15 and my insignificant interest earned at the end of the month.

I know that April interest was credited on April 29, so I guess BD could be making some computation of total mileage earned over an entire year pro-rated to 29 days, but I honestly did not think that was how they did things. I always thought that mileage earned on a $150,000 balance in January and a $150,000 balance in February would be the same.

Is anyone else receiving less miles than expected?
How close to 10% is it? Is it 9%+?

Is your April balance over $200K?
Old May 3, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern
Jack Burton-

Just so we can be jealous, do you want to tell us how many referral credits you got this round?

Well, no point getting into the referrals I have sent, since that number doesn't mean much. And being first on the thread or first on PM doesn't seem to be fool-proof.

But honestly, I had 4 referrals post today. Quite disappointing.

Success rate is not very good, it seems. Curious if others are having a better success rate than I am. Obviously, most people change their minds once they receive their referral, otherwise, I would have a lot more than just 4.

Can't complain over free miles, though,...it is what it is.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
How close to 10% is it? Is it 9%+?

Is your April balance over $200K?
It's roughly 9.97% of my average balance in April, so it's not a huge amount. It just seems odd that I'm not receiving at least 10% of any daily balance that I held at BD during the month of April.

And no, I'm not over $200k.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jack Burton
Well, no point getting into the referrals I have sent, since that number doesn't mean much. And being first on the thread or first on PM doesn't seem to be fool-proof.

But honestly, I had 4 referrals post today. Quite disappointing.

Success rate is not very good, it seems. Curious if others are having a better success rate than I am. Obviously, most people change their minds once they receive their referral, otherwise, I would have a lot more than just 4.

Can't complain over free miles, though,...it is what it is.
Yeah - I refer all the time to SPG, and I never seem to see those.

I had one today, but I also had a few on 4/22, so they seem to have wiped the queue clean earlier in the month.

With the generous bonuses, though, I'm surprised more mileage hounds do go for this.
Old May 3, 2011, 3:14 pm
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
A new ? re BD. Had one account and early last year (2010) started direct deposit and got 5k bonus--stopped direct deposit in December. I have a second acct there (different title joint acct--but same AA #), started direct deposit to that in March at $100 per period. Called for bonus and was told I needed full direct deposit amount not $100. Switched my direct dep to full amount and now called to get the bonus on that acct and was told I'm not eligible as I already received the bonus in 2010 (albeit on a different acct.).

Any body else have two accts and get direct deposit bonuses on both? If this is the case are they going to try and claim the same thing on the debit card bonus that they just started? CSR claims one bonus per AA#--though from what I have seen the past it appears that it should be one bonus per Bank Direct acct not per AA#.

Last edited by jss; May 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Old May 3, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Bank Direct declined paying the direct deposit bonus to me

Originally Posted by needtoescape
Has anyone had any experience with receivng or not receiving the BankDirect direct deposit bonus for setting up a direct deposit of state or federal tax refunds into BD?
When I didn't get my mileage bonus for my direct deposit payroll check I set up last month, I called BankDirect customer service. I just got a return call from BankDirect stating that they were going to decline awarding me my 10,000 mile bonus for setting up my direct deposit. They claim my entire paycheck was not deposited to them. I explained that our union dues are automatically deducted directly from our paychecks, just like medicare and social security taxes. I asked if they wanted me to fax a copy of my pay stub to the bank so BankDirect can review and make a determination if they want to award the advertised 10,000 bonus miles. BankDirect said to fax them my paystub for review.

If BankDirect doesn't like our union dues or donations deducted directly from our direct deposit payroll, I guess I could always use the option to set up an automatic bill pay for our dues to go directly to our local firefighters union. Any recommendations?

Is anyone else having a problem getting BankDirect to award their advertised bonuses?
Old May 3, 2011, 3:18 pm

Yeah - I refer all the time to SPG, and I never seem to see those.

I had one today, but I also had a few on 4/22, so they seem to have wiped the queue clean earlier in the month.

With the generous bonuses, though, I'm surprised more mileage hounds do go for this.

Think I may have had 3 post, mid-month, would have to have a look.

BUT,...many reasons why,...I've had 2 people PM back that they forgot to use my personal info when they did their app, and asked me how to solve that. Of course, I had no idea how to fix that. Have also had 3 others who PMed to say they did change their minds since the rumor surfaced about AA changing their MM program status, thinking that the BD wouldn't count for MM.

Then of course, who knows if BD is processing the referrals and bonuses properly. Wish they would detail which person signed up, would be easier to figure things out.

Regardless, will keep trying to refer people and hope that miles eventually hit. So it goes.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Great, thanks for the info.

Doesn't matter much, but I am curious,...now that the DD bonus has posted, do you plan to move your DD back to your other bank account?
Actually, I am pretty happy with using them more than I had planned initially. The bill pay seems to be working well. So, I don't think so.

Dan
Old May 3, 2011, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by danorum
Actually, I am pretty happy with using them more than I had planned initially. The bill pay seems to be working well. So, I don't think so.

Dan

Cool. Was debating doing the BillPay myself, but need 12 months of transactions. May not be worth the bother, for me, anyway.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Cool. Was debating doing the BillPay myself, but need 12 months of transactions. May not be worth the bother, for me, anyway.
I went ahead and started setting up bill pays. 5k isn't much in the long run, but if I'm keeping as much cash in the account as possible to earn miles there, that's where my $ will be to pay bills from anyway. Might as well just go ahead and do it.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:43 pm

Has anyone done an ACH push from Bank of America to BD? If so, how fast and did they charge?
Old May 3, 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
Has anyone done an ACH push from Bank of America to BD? If so, how fast and did they charge?

BOA is great IF you have over $50,000, and plan to keep over $50,000 in BOA AFTER your transfer is complete. Meaning, if you have $100,000, and transfer out only $50,000, then it will be free. Accounts over $50,000 have "Advantage" status, which means external transfers are free. You would be charged up front, but will be able to get a credit for that fee if you call in to request it. Great thing is, even a one day wire transfer will be free, although you would be charged about $25 up front, before you get it back. If you sign up for their "SafePass", then there is no daily limit,...well, actually, I think it's $1,000,000.

Normal ACHs range in price, same for limits, depending on balance, amount to be transferred and how quickly. All the info is on BOA's site.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:50 pm

anyone else who works individual gigs and doesn't have paychecks to do direct deposit with? if so, have you figured out a way to get the 10,000 direct deposit miles?
Old May 4, 2011, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by danorum
I see the posting via bankdirect.com today (5/3)
I requested it after my paycheck deposited on 4/15.
I did an actual payroll DD.
It is almost my entire paycheck. I have a couple of small ammounts that go to savings plans.
I requested the bonus after the first one was deposited and showed up on bankdirect.com.

Dan
Just curious, how does BD know it's eitire paycheck or not?
Old May 4, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by iusb
Just curious, how does BD know it's eitire paycheck or not?
They dont and I imagine can't. As I mentioned before, I had three direct deposits of my check and have whole numbers go into two other banks and then the rest goes into BD so that it's an odd number. The only way they know how to even get into a ballpark of knowing what would be a complete check for you is by comparing pay to the annual income on an app. I don't remember them asking for that, but maybe they did. Either way, they can't say that you cannot do 401k and other distribution from your check, etc... Etc... So plain and simple. They don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.