Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by sun_aa
That's the standard timeframe. Citibank is the only bank I know of which will give you free Next Day ACH pushes.

I was talking about having to do multiple ACH pushes since transfers are capped. Citibank caps it at 2k/day. Two of my local banks cap it at 15k/day and 25k/month.

Exactly, standard. But when you said earlier that it's a "real slow process", it sounded as if you meant weeks and not days per ACH. Obviously, if you need to do 20 transfers, yes, it will take time if you have limits. But a single ACH is a rather painless process.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by Jack Burton
Yes. Just initiate an ACH FROM your existing accounts INTO BD, since you can not initiate ACHs from within BD,...it's not a service they provide.

Personally, I opened my BD account with a $100 cashier's check, and then about a week later once my BD account was open, I started doing ACHs in $10,000 increments.
Perfect.. and I guess I will write a check on the day I want to withdraw my funds (although hope to keep it parked for some time while I rack up some miles). A couple hundred thousand per year sure sounds more interesting than my current strategy. I also have to figure out where I will use all these miles; I'm sure the wife will find a way to put them to use.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by josephstern
I think you had to open the second account before April 1.
Earlier than that...see posting #293 in which I reported that BD would not open an account for Mrs. Middle_Seat because of existing account(s) at the same address.

I believe that the initial deposit to BD takes a couple of weeks to become "available." Subsequent deposits are in limbo for just a day or two.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Anyone have experience with BD's CDs? I'm seriously debating whether to do a CD to push me closer to 2MM. How long does it take the miles to post after the CD is opened?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Anyone have experience with BD's CDs? I'm seriously debating whether to do a CD to push me closer to 2MM. How long does it take the miles to post after the CD is opened?

I have called and asked about this twice,...they claim the miles are awarded "immediately", though I did ask in the middle of several other questions. Your best bet would be to call yourself to confirm this, and have them give you a real world timeline. They may give you a better answer if they believe you are serious about opening a big ticket CD.
Old May 1, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
BankDirect - Frequent Traveler Seminar

I mentioned BankDirect to several people at the Frequent Traveler Seminar, but forgot to mention that both you and I can get 1,000 extra miles from a referral. If you would like me to send you a referral email, please PM with your email and I will send a link.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sun_aa
That's the standard timeframe. Citibank is the only bank I know of which will give you free Next Day ACH pushes.

I was talking about having to do multiple ACH pushes since transfers are capped. Citibank caps it at 2k/day. Two of my local banks cap it at 15k/day and 25k/month.
E*Trade (bank) does next day ACH free. $100K per day.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jack Burton
Hey Dan. I'm sure several people would love to know,...
- How did that DD request turn out?
- Timespan,...from DD to request to posting?
- Did you have an actual payroll DD, or did you try something else?
- Did you deposit your entire payroll check, or a portion?
- Just a single DD, or did you do several, weekly?

Lots of questions, I know, but better to cover all the possible followups.

Thanks very much,

JB
I see the posting via bankdirect.com today (5/3)
I requested it after my paycheck deposited on 4/15.
I did an actual payroll DD.
It is almost my entire paycheck. I have a couple of small ammounts that go to savings plans.
I requested the bonus after the first one was deposited and showed up on bankdirect.com.

Dan
Old May 3, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA 11MM/EXP/Aairpass, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
E*Trade (bank) does next day ACH free. $100K per day.
E*Trade brokerage accounts can do the same thing as well. I got used to E*Trade's limit and was shocked at how little I could move at Chase ($10K per day).
Old May 3, 2011, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by danorum
It is almost my entire paycheck. I have a couple of small ammounts that go to savings plans.
I requested the bonus after the first one was deposited and showed up on bankdirect.com.

Dan

Great, thanks for the info.

Doesn't matter much, but I am curious,...now that the DD bonus has posted, do you plan to move your DD back to your other bank account?
Old May 3, 2011, 2:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by horseguy
E*Trade brokerage accounts can do the same thing as well. I got used to E*Trade's limit and was shocked at how little I could move at Chase ($10K per day).
I haven't tried in a while but if memory serves, e*trade brokerage ACH took an extra day....maybe I missed the cutoff.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by danorum

Dan
Exact same dates and everything here. Expect to see the miles (both monthly and 10k direct deposit bonus) show up in my aa account tomorrow probably.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jack Burton-

Just so we can be jealous, do you want to tell us how many referral credits you got this round?
Old May 3, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by josephstern
Jack Burton-

Just so we can be jealous, do you want to tell us how many referral credits you got this round?
Yeah, seriously ....
Old May 3, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
I thought I understood how BD calculates monthly mileage until I looked at the April activity today (on the BD website). The amount to be credited to AA is less than 10% of my initial balance on April 1 even though my only activity in April is a relatively small deposit on April 15 and my insignificant interest earned at the end of the month.

I know that April interest was credited on April 29, so I guess BD could be making some computation of total mileage earned over an entire year pro-rated to 29 days, but I honestly did not think that was how they did things. I always thought that mileage earned on a $150,000 balance in January and a $150,000 balance in February would be the same.

Is anyone else receiving less miles than expected?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.