Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Lounge Access Based on Class of Service (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lounge Access for oneworld First or Business Class Passengers

NOTE: This thread has received little use since the establishment of the thread HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Access, Rules (2017). Please use that thread to inquire about Lounge access. A few more recent posts have been moved to that thread.

Relax in more premium lounges around the world

If your oneworld® frequent flyer tier status is Emerald or Sapphire, or you are traveling in a First or Business Class cabin on a oneworld member airline, you can access more than 600 airport lounges throughout the world.

This means you can relax or catch up with work in comfort and style before departure, regardless of which oneworld member airline you choose to fly with.

To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline.
  • Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.

• Lounges operated by third parties are identified in the lounge finder tool (above). Access to these lounges is restricted to eligible customers when travelling on specific oneworld airlines as shown in the lounge finder tool.

• Arrivals lounges are excluded.

• Spa and Pre-Flight Dining facilities are excluded.

• British Airways Concorde lounges are excluded.

• Other exceptions may apply (see below).

oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers (link)

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
  • Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.

• First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.

• Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:

• First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

• Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.

• You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
The following exceptions apply:
  1. First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean; customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.

2. Guests are not permitted at Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha or Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4.

Please see the following resources for further details on Class of Service Based Lounge Access Rules:

. . . oneworld Lounge Access Wizard , created by FlyerTalk member imagineertobe

. . . ● AA.com: AA Lounge Access Rules

. . . ● oneworld.com: Lounge Access Rules and Search Tool

. . . ● FlyerGuide Wiki: Lounges

. . . ● FT thread: AAdvantage status-based access to AA & oneworld lounges (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Lounge Access Based on Class of Service (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
DFW-FRA AA F -> FRA-LHR BA C

Will I have access to a lounge with showers in FRA?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
No BA or AA lounges in FRA, but the JAL and CX lounges both have showers, and you have access based on your F Flight, assuming thats on the same day as your CE flight to LHR. Both lounges have an F section, but the showers are shared with the business lounges anyway (which you would have access to on the basis of your C ticket). CX lounge has shower suites but is about 10-15 minutes from the BA gates, whereas JAL is more or less next door.

More details here in the BA forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...focus-fra.html

Last edited by SpurMan; Nov 16, 2013 at 3:49 pm
Old Nov 16, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SpurMan
No BA or AA lounges in FRA, but the JAL and CX lounges both have showers, and you have access based on your F Flight, assuming thats on the same day as your CE flight to LHR. Both lounges have an F section, but the showers are shared with the business lounges anyway (which you would have access to on the basis of your C ticket). CX lounge has shower suites but is about 10-15 minutes from the BA gates, whereas JAL is more or less next door.

More details here in the BA forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...focus-fra.html
Thanks. I have a 3.5hr layover, so I should have enough time for a shower. I'm considering switching to a BA F flight to LHR, though.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:25 pm

I'll be flying YYZ -> LAX -> HKG.
YYZ to LAX is AA domestic business, LAX to HKG is CX F.
I'm on the only direct YYZ to LAX, but not the last arriving option when you consider connecting flights.
I then leave 12 hours later on the 2nd flight out for CX (one at 1am, I leave at 9am). Lounge access in LAX isn't a big deal as I'll grab a hotel room for the night, but YYZ would be nice as I'll be at the airport 3 hours early.

I'm assuming no lounge access at YYZ as its not the same day, even though its an inter-continental first ticket?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Some content that was already posted in another thread and a reply thereto have been deleted. Please remember that FlyerTalk Guidelines & Rules do not permit cross posting.

~Moderator
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
FRA lounge access

Departing FRA on AA 71 traveling FC ........can I access the Sakura Lounge that morning? I also have AC membership.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by nalismom
Departing FRA on AA 71 traveling FC ........can I access the Sakura Lounge that morning? I also have AC membership.
Yes. From AA.com (emphasis added):

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
• oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership
*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Our trip next month will be GLA-DUB (EI) then the following morning DUB-JFK-SFO (AA) in J. The two itineraries were booked separately, on different PNRs.

I understand that outbound we can use the Gold Circle Lounge at DUB and the AC at JFK, based on our J fares (we are both OW Ruby, although this trip will push us both to Sapphire).

On our return a week later, can anyone advise if we'll be able to use the Gold Circle Lounge on arrival at DUB, as we will have arrived on an AA flight in J? We have a few hours to kill before our final flight home to GLA.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by zafiragirl
Our trip next month will be GLA-DUB (EI) then the following morning DUB-JFK-SFO (AA) in J. The two itineraries were booked separately, on different PNRs.

I understand that outbound we can use the Gold Circle Lounge at DUB and the AC at JFK, based on our J fares (we are both OW Ruby, although this trip will push us both to Sapphire).

On our return a week later, can anyone advise if we'll be able to use the Gold Circle Lounge on arrival at DUB, as we will have arrived on an AA flight in J? We have a few hours to kill before our final flight home to GLA.
EI is not a member of OneWorld so the AA / OW lounge access rules do not apply to their lounge in DUB. You might have better luck in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...s-lounges.html. I am not sure if arriving AA J pax are granted lounge access-- since your TATL is in J, I would expect so but I have no personal experience with EI.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by zafiragirl

AA has no Arrivals Lounge access in DUB; arrangements AA have at DUB IME are for departing passengers to the USA. Aer Lingus Gold Circle Lounge may be of use for you if you are ion a Business Class ticket to GLA, but honestly I have no idea of EI's lounge access policies; be sure to check in the appropriate forum.

DUB does offer the Executive Lounges at DUB, T1 and T2; €20 per person (€15 old age concession, 60+) for up to three hours.

DAA Airport Lounge in T2 is €25.

Both are also Diners International and Priority Pass lounges.

With separate PNRs on airlines that are not partners nor in the same alliance definitely class for the precaution of leaving plenty of connection time. Happy travels!
Old May 29, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.8 mm), HH Diamond
Wink Access for next day Int. F

I almost hate to ask this...there are so many small differences in circumstances around access.

I am traveling on an award ticket in First class from XNA to NRT, connecting at ORD. I arrive ORD on Sunday evening and depart Monday on the first scheduled OneWorld flight to NRT. However, this flight is at 1:00 p.m.

The rule seems to say that Flagship Lounge access the evening before is possible only if the Int'l flight leaves prior to 6:00 a.m. However, other places I find reference to a 24 hour period, if one is on the first flight out to the destination.

I know that I have access to the Flagship Lounge on Monday morning. But does anyone have a thought as to if I will on Sunday evening?

Thanks to all.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by dwoolly
The rule seems to say that Flagship Lounge access the evening before is possible only if the Int'l flight leaves prior to 6:00 a.m. However, other places I find reference to a 24 hour period, if one is on the first flight out to the destination.
Where do you see the 24 hour rule posted? IMO, the same-day access rule that would apply in your case is pretty clear:

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul [...] and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Ok.. I'm still not 100% clear even after reading a good portion on here.

Q: If I arrive in LHR on an AA flight in J class, connecting to a BA flight in Y, do I have BA lounge access in T5 while waiting for my BA flight?

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Ok.. I'm still not 100% clear even after reading a good portion on here.

Q: If I arrive in LHR on an AA flight in J class, connecting to a BA flight in Y, do I have BA lounge access in T5 while waiting for my BA flight?

Thanks
Yes.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I need help clarifying lounge access at a final stop on an itinerary with a CX long haul in F. Our itinerary is CX HKG-ORD in F, AA ORD-PHX in F, and US PHX-SAN in F. All flights depart on the same day. I'm fairly certain we'll have full OW lounge access at ORD, including the Flagship Lounge. We also have a 2 hour layover in PHX. Will we have access to the ACs in PHX with our CX boarding pass?

From AA.com regarding access:

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when traveling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

From what I read, they may not allow us access as we are connecting domestic-domestic on that leg. Anyone have prior experience with this or clarification? FWIW, we are non-status and traveling on an AAward ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.