Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by Spiff
Fare difference is likely applicable.
Fare is the same. Another thought, would reticketing for a mileage upgrade have any effect?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeef
Um, you do realize this is FT, right? Where speculation runs high and the word "relax" simply isn't in the dictionary. OCD, on the other hand, is rampant.

On a more serious note, though, I suggest that we use this thread as the inevitable "help me plan a mileage run to maximize EQM" thread.

Mike
Wishful thinking on my part

As for the second- with double EQM who needs to plan to maximize? It all becomes so easy.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Dang I love AA

and I am so glad that I procrastinate as well.. I only booked one transcon or flight for that matter in this timeframe.. oh well..

however I should easily requalify for EXP in this timeframe; this is way too awesome.. I've got a ton of April flights and now it looks like it paid off to wait to book those BOS-LAX MR's too.. woo hoo

Originally Posted by Ready2Go
Pinch me. Given the overlap with the BOS3X promotion, this is almost too good to be true.
pinch pinch.. wow.. Its like hitting the FF program lotto ^

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Why is it that so many are in such a rush to register? The terms and conditions clearly state that one need only register prior to the expiration of the offer - which is June 15.

Is it OCD?
what is OCD?

seriously, I don't understand that urge to register so quick either but then on the other hand; maybe we are just so tickled pink that we just want to.. who knows

thanks AA ^^
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Do we get 2 times qualifying segments?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by brp
This is assuming that one can find the same (or similar) fare. We have SJC-BOS, SFO-JFK, SJC-MSY and SJC-DCA all booked within that period. It works out to about 20K miles each. Assuming we could find the same fares (and were OK possibly reducing upgrade priority) it would cost $600 each to change all of these. That works out to .03/EQM. That's not too bad, but we would be spending $1200 to take no actual trips and visit no actual places. As we only need 30K more EQM for the rest of the year, and would actually get to visit places, it may not be worth it. Also, since they don't seem to have the bonuses for exceeding the mileage by certain limits like they did with AADER, no reason to go "above and beyond."

Have to further consider this tomorrow. Maybe reprice the same itins and see if it's somewhat cheaper...that will eat some of the $150 change fee.

Cheers.
Well, i think ByeByeDelta's concern is about changing the existing ticket vs making a new reservation. It is clearly a personal choice if you want to re-ticket or not. And I agree, with you flown 70k EQM already, it absolutely makes no sense without any bonus incentives. You will still be treated the same as an EXP with 50k EQM during the period
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:52 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ByeByeDelta
Fare is the same. Another thought, would reticketing for a mileage upgrade have any effect?
Likely not. This hasn't worked for other "must be ticketed within the promotion period" promos, so I would guess not here. I definitely wouldn't count on it.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:56 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Well, i think ByeByeDelta's concern is about changing the existing ticket vs making a new reservation. It is clearly a personal choice if you want to re-ticket or not. And I agree, with you flown 70k EQM already, it absolutely makes no sense without any bonus incentives. You will still be treated the same as an EXP with 50k EQM during the period
Oh, I know. I was just putting my musings out here as others may be in the same position and it could be helpful to see the numbers. We actually have 50K flown so far. We have 20K booked in that period that would double. I also agree with comments above that it would likely reprice as well as change fee, even to just "reticket." We got some really good deals and they are higher now...so change fee plus (probably) fare diff. Decisions, decisions

Plus, if we travel too much now and don't need international trips at the end of the year, we'll have the extra eVIPs that we had this year "forcing" 4 European trips before the end of Feb

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by brp
Wishful thinking on my part

As for the second- with double EQM who needs to plan to maximize? It all becomes so easy.

Cheers.
Alas, everything out of Boston books into Q or O on the website, necessitating a phone call, and that just seems like so much, you know, work.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

what is OCD?

thanks AA ^^
OCD=Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Mike
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lili
And for some there's also the 10%, 20%, 30% discount on future flight for flying 1,2 or 3 RTs before May 15.

So 3 RT between BOS-California could be more or less 60,000 RDM, 30,000 EQM, and $300 discount on a $1,000 ticket. Assuming all the applicable bonuses could be used on each flight.
where does one find this 10/20/30% discount?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
One doesn't find the discount. It finds one.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
Is this a trick question?

Try to stay focused on the OP
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by mktozd
That's my question as well. I'm lifetime Gold, but I was thinking of doing a Platinum challenge after July 1 (now that I've abandoned United), mostly as a hedge against WN's potential updates to Rapid Rewards. I don't need long-haul flights, I have several hundred thousand miles to burn.

If I could make Platinum on 6 4-segment trips this spring and 6 2-segment trips later this year, and not have to use up my challenge, I would consider coming back to American full-time to non WN and non Eagle destinations such as DCA.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:18 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
It's DBEQM, not DBEQS.

I think only the EQMs are doubled, not the segments awarded...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
It's DBEQM, not DBEQS.

I think only the EQMs are doubled, not the segments awarded...
Oh well... I know that some airlines do double both occassionally. I'll still sign up because I could always end up pulling a west-coast client in May. But I can't get too excited about it.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mktozd
Apparently, no per the T&C's in post 47 above (at least that seems to be what they wrote -- although not in the clearest english):

Originally Posted by Evan!
Terms and Conditions:
. . . This offer does not increment the member's elite-qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance.
Edited to add: Spiff beat me too it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.