Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:01 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
woohoo. Ok I am gonna gloat.

I have not booked any new trips since before December as I am going through a 6 month medical treatment that makes any travel a bit tiring. That is going to change. Might as well be tired someplace else as at home.

The low fares and bonuses have been drawing me like a siren. Can't believe that yesterday I even went to the TSA site to see what the restrictions were for carrying medications that had to be kept cold. Turns out that one need only declare them, have them visually inspected, and the blue ice is OK.

This mod is smiling today. ^^
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
So could one pay a $150 change fee just to re-ticket a reservation with the same dates/times? I've got one reservation worth 7,298 EQM. $150 would be 2 cents per mile to double that...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
2x EQM and 3x redeemable miles for BOS to some CA destinations could make this a great time for PLTs and EXPs to earn the necessary flights to achieve/retain EXP or PLT status. ^^
I think the 3X miles BOS-LAX/SFO/SAN do not count toward status.
They are Bonus miles not EQM/EQP miles.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:30 am

2x EQM and 3x redeemable miles for BOS to some CA destinations could make this a great time for PLTs and EXPs to earn the necessary flights to achieve/retain EXP or PLT status. ^^
Originally Posted by zman
But that is exactly what he said.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ByeByeDelta
So could one pay a $150 change fee just to re-ticket a reservation with the same dates/times? I've got one reservation worth 7,298 EQM. $150 would be 2 cents per mile to double that...
Well, the T&Cs are not clear about that. So, its YMMV and I have a feeling that it will be YMMV even after talking to multiple CSRs as you wont know how the system is designed to handle it. Best would be to eat that fee and receive the rest as vouchers to be applied to future reservation(s). And go ahead an make a new reservation. You avoid any ambiguity that way.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zman
GUWonder did not say the triple miles were eqms. Only that the attractive combo of double eqms and triple rdms would make it easier for Plats and EXPs to qualify/requalify.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by njvandy
I am guessing this means I shouldn't book any flights until then to be sure.
I'm guessing this means the rest of us shouldn't, either.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: DL 3MM/DM, AA 3MM/PLT, UA 1K
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

And the next question will be: When will UA match
That's what I'm waiting for! They did about a week later last year, and right before a TATL I had. (And did not need to re-issue tickets). I've got Asia trip starting March 26th!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:44 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Well, the T&Cs are not clear about that. So, its YMMV and I have a feeling that it will be YMMV even after talking to multiple CSRs as you wont know how the system is designed to handle it. Best would be to eat that fee and receive the rest as vouchers to be applied to future reservation(s). And go ahead an make a new reservation. You avoid any ambiguity that way.
This is assuming that one can find the same (or similar) fare. We have SJC-BOS, SFO-JFK, SJC-MSY and SJC-DCA all booked within that period. It works out to about 20K miles each. Assuming we could find the same fares (and were OK possibly reducing upgrade priority) it would cost $600 each to change all of these. That works out to .03/EQM. That's not too bad, but we would be spending $1200 to take no actual trips and visit no actual places. As we only need 30K more EQM for the rest of the year, and would actually get to visit places, it may not be worth it. Also, since they don't seem to have the bonuses for exceeding the mileage by certain limits like they did with AADER, no reason to go "above and beyond."

Have to further consider this tomorrow. Maybe reprice the same itins and see if it's somewhat cheaper...that will eat some of the $150 change fee.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:18 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
And for some there's also the 10%, 20%, 30% discount on future flight for flying 1,2 or 3 RTs before May 15.

So 3 RT between BOS-California could be more or less 60,000 RDM, 30,000 EQM, and $300 discount on a $1,000 ticket. Assuming all the applicable bonuses could be used on each flight.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
I did not participate in last years promotion at all. So far this year, I have only flown 13K sad I know! So this is great news
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:26 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by ByeByeDelta
Fare difference is likely applicable.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by JLSocks
I haven't been able to register either...keep getting "Promotion Code invalid" message.
I called, we have to wait until tomm to do it online.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chanp
I called, we have to wait until tomm to do it online.
As already mentioned here: Frankie Say Relax. You have almost 3 months to register and registration date makes absolutely no difference in the benefits. Is there some competition for first to register?

Of course, once it's open, this thread will be hopelessly clogged with "I registered." "Me, too." "Hmmm...didn't work for me." "What message did you get." "Oh, it works now." Oy!

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by brp
As already mentioned here: Frankie Say Relax. You have almost 3 months to register and registration date makes absolutely no difference in the benefits. Is there some competition for first to register?
Um, you do realize this is FT, right? Where speculation runs high and the word "relax" simply isn't in the dictionary. OCD, on the other hand, is rampant.

On a more serious note, though, I suggest that we use this thread as the inevitable "help me plan a mileage run to maximize EQM" thread.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.