Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive
Just got of the phone with Executive Platinum desk, According to the information she got from AAdvantage they had wrong statement posted on the web and are working to have the issues fixed and make the link active again.

And the ticket has to be a new ticket and reissue would not work for the promotion.

Aaaghhh.... I have 2 International trips already booked in April....

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suggest eveyrone do what I have vowed to do and not make yourself sick by calculating how much you already have booked for that time period.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009.

I have already booked 40,000 EQMs during this period, which could have become 80,000. Oh well. *sigh* This AADER won't really help me.

At least I will make EXP with no problem this year. Maybe I'll add one more BOS run for the triple miles and double EQMs, just so that I can say that I participated.
I just don't get it- period. You are safe/sure in your EXP requal- then incremental EQMs are meaningless.

Drama...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I suggest eveyrone do what I have vowed to do and not make yourself sick by calculating how much you already have booked for that time period.
Actually according to this post I am going to feel better due to no bookings

Even though I have the chills today from yesterdays meds I feel great.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by jammyrocks
Aaaghhh.... I have 2 International trips already booked in April....
No problemo! just cancel & rebook, paying the $150/$200 cancel/change fee!
shazam! 2 X EQMs for your int'l trips

gloat, gloat, i didn't have any MRs or TATL trips booked yet... did I say gloat?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by Spiff
It's DBEQM, not DBEQS.
It's also not DBEQP...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:18 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by FWAAA
The promo doesn't begin (nor can you register) until March 18.

You have until June 15 to register.
I'm aware. But others were able to see the T&Cs apparently, and I couldn't see squat. Looks like the link was active and then later removed. I shall wait patiently until tomorrow.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by g_leyser
I'm aware. But others were able to see the T&Cs apparently, and I couldn't see squat. Looks like the link was active and then later removed. I shall wait patiently until tomorrow.
Everyone can see the T&Cs as they existed by reading the thread. Especially pertinent is post #47
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Evan!
For future reference (in case things change):
Offer:
Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Registration prior to 12:00 midnight(CT) on June 15, 2009 is required. [/URL][/COLOR]]
Hmm... so, if I put a flight on hold today 3/17 but purchase tomorrow 3/18, does that meet the requirement that the reservation be "booked" between 3/18 and 6/15?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ORDinaryPax
Hmm... so, if I put a flight on hold today 3/17 but purchase tomorrow 3/18, does that meet the requirement that the reservation be "booked" between 3/18 and 6/15?
Possibly, but why take the chance with no way of knowing for sure until it is too late?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mark_T
Possibly, but why take the chance with no way of knowing for sure until it is too late?
Well, I will just do a new res tomorrow if possible, but it's BOS-LAX so the fares are pretty volatile at the moment (thanks to the 3x-RDM promotion).

Anyone with prior experience with this kind of situation?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:39 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by magic111
Everyone can see the T&Cs as they existed by reading the thread. Especially pertinent is post #47
Oh, I know, I read that. I was just wondering why others could see it on aa.com and I couldn't. I thought maybe I was being blocked due to my UA status
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ORDinaryPax
I called the PLT desk and asked, they forwarded me to the online booking desk. Online booking desk said that if I purchase for tomorrow it should count. But to be honest I think I'm just going to setup another reservation tomorrow. Random FRA and ZRH MR's here I come.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
so if I were to book a BOS-LAX fare, with the 3x bonus. Would I get 2X EQM (the regular and plat) and 4X RDM? Really debating whether to go for a few runs to go from Plat to EXP...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I told the AA FT community about this deal coming after they review Qone results. My inside sources were right all along.

They also told me about a program coming late summer regading BIZ Class deals................STAY TUNED.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.