Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:03 am

Programs: AA - EXP, AAirpass, SPG - PLT, DL - GM
Originally Posted by MGW2000
What if a reservation is booked and ticketed, but the return is upclassed, refared, changed, and reticketed on March, 18 for travel on March, 20?
Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. I've got refundable BOS-SFO and BOS-CUN trips booked right now, any ideas if the EXP desk can just add the promotion, or will I have to the cancel and rebook? I guess that means I lose my upgrade priority too..
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
drat! I've already booked our vacation to France with cheap tix to CDG via DFW. no way am I rebooking this, especially since I've locked in the upg w/eVIP's on the way over

wasn't planning on MR'g any more this year unless was fairly close to requal for EXP, figured to soft-land at PLT unless biz travel picks up, now have to decide if it's worth it to cram in some TATL/TPAC or trips to SA. decisions, decisions

Last edited by benzguy80; Mar 17, 2009 at 5:39 am Reason: fixed comment about MR'g as have already done some MR's
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Great. The number of EXPs will increase exponentially.
I was wondering when we would have the first post
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
So a question: if I put a resy on hold today and then register and book tomorrow will I get the double EQMs?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Well, I was going to slow down the traveling a bit in May to save some money but now that's going to change. If the promotion starts 3/18 maybe you can't register until then.

Of course, now let the too many EXP arguments begin! So far, all of my upgrades and evips have cleared this year. I don't think this promotion per se will swell the ranks. Most FFs are still clueless to the world of FT and we would like to keep it that way.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
For future reference (in case things change):
Offer:
Qualify or re-qualify for AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum®, or AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status faster than ever with this special promotion. Just book your trip and fly on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection® between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009, and you'll earn double elite-qualifying miles - the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite-status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Register prior to June 15, 2009 to qualify for this special offer by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Terms and Conditions:
Double elite-status qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel, but do count toward qualification for AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, and AAdvantage Executive Platinum status. AAdvantage elite-status qualifying double-mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection marketed and operated flights between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Registration prior to 12:00 midnight(CT) on June 15, 2009 is required. All eligible travel flown prior to the registration date, but within the offer period, will qualify for the promotion. This offer does not increment the member's elite-qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the elite-qualifying miles earned for each applicable flight and will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within six to eight weeks after the offer ends. [Register]
I think the problem with registration is that it does indeed state that it starts March 18, tomorrow. But what do I know?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by Spiff
"Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009."
Does changing the date or fare class qualify for making it a new booking date as of 3/18?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fornebufox
So a question: if I put a resy on hold today and then register and book tomorrow will I get the double EQMs?
why don't you try and see, then let us know if the miles post 6-8 weeks after the promo ends?

honestly I wouldn't take that chance unless you see a good enough deal that you're willing to chance missing out on the 2xEQM
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
2x EQM and 3x redeemable miles for BOS to some CA destinations could make this a great time for PLTs and EXPs to earn the necessary flights to achieve/retain EXP or PLT status. ^^
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009.

I have already booked 40,000 EQMs during this period, which could have become 80,000. Oh well. *sigh* This AADER won't really help me.

At least I will make EXP with no problem this year. Maybe I'll add one more BOS run for the triple miles and double EQMs, just so that I can say that I participated.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:27 am

Oh sweet AA, like a cruel mistress why do you torment me. I have four long segments booked for a 5 day work run, starting first thing tomorrow. Same thing happened to me last year (was just about to head to Italy -- SCORE!) but that time it counted. This time it won't.

However, despite much grumbling over this:

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009.
That would seem to imply that you could book for much later in the year and still get the bonus.

However this bit:

Just book your trip and fly on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection® between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009, and you'll earn double elite-qualifying miles
Implies that this plan wouldn't work either. That seems almost clear. But the "fly by" date is sort of conspicuously absent from the T&C's. And furthermore it says the EQM's are awarded 6-8 weeks after the promo end. I have to assume that you have both book AND travel during the period. It's hard to come to any other conclusion -- it seems pretty clear you have to do both during the offer period. But I guess there's the slightest amount of doubt, I suppose it would be worth triple checking on that point, though I fear it would be in vain.

EDIT: Nope, even my dense self was able to see it's even more clear after missing it on the first read through:

All eligible travel flown prior to the registration date, but within the offer period, will qualify for the promotion.
Oh well, disregard -- I guess that settles that. Well I have at least one trip in May yet to book. All is not lost. And this was such a boon last year. Think I'll spend a couple days this week hunting for a new client in the PVG area.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ESpen36

At least I will make EXP with no problem this year. Maybe I'll add one more BOS run for the triple miles and double EQMs, just so that I can say that I participated.
i was gonna do the same thing and did you notice they just RAISED the prices on sfo/bos? i'm so mad. i actually had a reservation on hold not to expire til 11:59 tonite. it was for $257 sfo/bos/sfo and now it's $280. and my reservation disappeared. i know if i called, i could get the 257 cuz it's legally held for 24 hours, but then i don't get the deqm. i guess i'll try to book it tomorrow. but i'm so mad the price went up. and i did a month long on ITA and it appears the prices is up on EVERY day
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I'm already very heavily booked in this period, and for other reasons have been thinking about canceling one trip and rescheduling it for slightly later. This just may be the tipping point, though I think to be safe I might just outright cancel it to be rebooked later, and then book an entirely new trip.
Though I regret this year's booking restriction, anything that makes my path to EXP requalification easier is appreciated. Thank you, AA!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by imgonnafly
i was gonna do the same thing and did you notice they just RAISED the prices on sfo/bos? i'm so mad. i actually had a reservation on hold not to expire til 11:59 tonite. it was for $257 sfo/bos/sfo and now it's $280. and my reservation disappeared. i know if i called, i could get the 257 cuz it's legally held for 24 hours, but then i don't get the deqm. i guess i'll try to book it tomorrow. but i'm so mad the price went up. and i did a month long on ITA and it appears the prices is up on EVERY day
Think about it as paying $23 for about 3400 EQM, probably worth it.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:58 am

Just got off the phone with AAdvantage CSR. Since the promotion starts tomorrow, it will not be active for registration until tomorrow. Question is, will AA.com crash when everybody tries to register at once?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.