Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

These are archived "Admirals Club Treasure Hunt" posts. The current thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation/1641953-admirals-club-treasure-hunt-drink-chit-chits-coupons-etc-master-thread-2015-a.html

● American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:52 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pssteve
Side note #2:For a new AC member what is the policy on handing out chits by front counter angels? Who gets them and who doesn't?
As you probably know, there is complimentary well liquor, house wines, and house beer available at the bar. However, drink chits are valid for any liquor/cocktail/wine/beer/bottled water.

Drink chits are given to passengers who are accessing the lounge based on class of service or oneworld status* (Emerald/Sapphire). Basically - anybody who's using the Admirals Club as a "premium lounge" vs. a paid member.
(*Note: AA EXP and PLT have to be traveling on international itineraries in order to get drink chits.)

So examples of passengers who would get drink tickets: EXP/PLT when traveling on international itineraries, non-AA oneworld Emerald/Sapphire traveling onwards on a oneworld marketed and operated flight, J/F passengers on international itineraries.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by JY1024
As you probably know, there is complimentary well liquor, house wines, and house beer available at the bar. However, drink chits are valid for any liquor/cocktail/wine/beer/bottled water.

Drink chits are given to passengers who are accessing the lounge based on class of service or oneworld status* (Emerald/Sapphire). Basically - anybody who's using the Admirals Club as a "premium lounge" vs. a paid member.
(*Note: AA EXP and PLT have to be traveling on international itineraries in order to get drink chits.)

So examples of passengers who would get drink tickets: EXP/PLT when traveling on international itineraries, non-AA oneworld Emerald/Sapphire traveling onwards on a oneworld marketed and operated flight, J/F passengers on international itineraries.
As a Qantas Club member I was also given two drink chits upon entry, even after the roll-out of complimentary booze. This doesn't quite apply to the original question, but it's another segment you may see receiving the chits.

Last edited by zpaul; Sep 27, 2011 at 8:05 am
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:24 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
DFW D

Walk past the bar (gasp!) into the quiet area. On your immediate right is a table with a stack of brochures. One drink chit is at the back of the stack.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
LAX AC gate 40

Behind the "More from Las Angeles" cardboard advertisement on the lamp table behind the Bloomberg TV as you enter the lounge seating to the left if the AAngels. AC LAX gate 40
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
DFW A

Enter the business center to the left. First cubicle on the left (no computer, just a phone). Drink chit behind the How to Print sign.

Sant !
Old Oct 22, 2011, 4:33 am

ORD H/K

Under the "Catan" board game, which is on the other side of the TV wall near the bar. I had to dodge a bit of "why would you want a drink at this hour" to get this coupon
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:19 am

DFW D

DFW D

Business center (4 cubies), cornermost computer, under the keyboard. Two coupons.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Thank you igopogo

Just found the drink chit at ORD H/K club as you described. Thanks a bunch! Flyertalkers are the best.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 6:17 am

MIA D30

One chit in the business center, under the phone in the cubicle opposite the "Silver" printer.

One chit in the cyber cafe, under the keyboard of the first computer on the right.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
DFW D

Business centre, 1st aisle, first cubicle on right.

Under keyboard I have placed 2 Chits
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
LA Terminal 4 Admiral Club

One coupon under the keyboard of the first computer near the wall.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Two under the "Soup of the Day" Amora standup at the bar at the JFK AC near the low numbers. Hope someone enjoys!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Anyone in JFK AC (near gate 34), I have 2 chits that I won't get to. Right now I'm sitting right across from the exit next to the bar. On a macbook with a black backpack next to me. Will be here for next hour or so. After that I'll find a place to hid the chits.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:42 am

JFK Admirals Club near gate 12. One drink chit avail now 11/14.

Behind right most computer in left bank of computers overlooking Tarmac.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
DFW D

Walk past the bar and stop to admire the Plum Tree painting. 2 drink chits in the potted plant to your left.

Last edited by Spiff; Nov 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.