Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

These are archived "Admirals Club Treasure Hunt" posts. The current thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation/1641953-admirals-club-treasure-hunt-drink-chit-chits-coupons-etc-master-thread-2015-a.html

● American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

Walk past the bar area and into the TV lounge. On the first table on the right -- the table with the magazine racks full of PC Today magazines -- there is a folder open on the table containing a menu of food items for purchase in the AC. Inside the folder, slipped behind the menu, you will find two drink chits. Enjoy!

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 28, 2012 at 5:34 pm Reason: remove moderator note
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:42 pm
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
how fun....
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:18 pm

I will be there at 19:00 tonight and will let you know whether I was able to find and use them.

The bigger question is how did you manage not to use them?
Originally Posted by Blumie
Walk past the bar area and into the TV lounge. On the first table on the left -- the table with the magazine racks full of PC Today magazines -- there is a folder open on the table containing a menu of food items for purchase in the AC. Inside the folder, slipped behind the menu, you will find two drink chits. Enjoy!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by ajacpril
Just wasn't in the mood.

NB: I corrected my instructions. The table is on the right as you enter the TV lounge, not the left.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
This is a great idea. I rarely use my drink chits and usually just hand them to someone in the AC. I think this is the start of a new tradition.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:34 pm

Never faced that situation myself!
Originally Posted by Blumie
Just wasn't in the mood.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I'll stop by on Thursday to see if they've lasted that long
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:56 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by workandski
This is a great idea. I rarely use my drink chits and usually just hand them to someone in the AC. I think this is the start of a new tradition.
They're easy to give away in DFW. There are often military personnel in the ACs traveling on orders. @:-)
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by ajacpril
I will be there at 19:00 tonight and will let you know whether I was able to find and use them.

Gonna pay it forward?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 8:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA PLT, Frontier Summit, Avis Pref Select, National Executive
What exactly are the ways to GET drink coups in the first place?

I fly domestically only, and only ONCE was I offered a drink coupon after I had mentioned what a long day I had.

Can you just ask for them or are there rules?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:04 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Thumbs up

What a GREAT idea! Good call putting them behind the menu, since that menu isn't likely to get cleared away, moved, etc. Definitely has "tradition" potential.

One suggestion for this: if you know you're not going to use the chits, get them anyways, just for a "pay it forward" idea like this. Maybe you're at an AC in the morning & the bar isn't open, mabye it's only a few minutes before a flight in F w/ drink possibilities there, so why not spare the chits to someone else, etc. etc. If not "given" them upon entry, I've had no difficulty asking for them. I think I may have to try this out soon....
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:45 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Me, too (can't wait to see how many people are walking over there to look at that menu on Thurs.!) Actually, it's a great idea---those chits are great to have in the afternoon/eve. if an UPG didn't go through, but they're not much use in the mornings, to me anyway.

At LAX, the Qantas PAX are very nice about giving drink chits away in the AC in the evenings to us poor souls traveling on AA red-eyes... ^
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:16 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Crazy4Birds
but they're not much use in the mornings, to me anyway.
That's kinda' what I was referring to...I've been "given" my two chits even in the morning. The AAgent usually just smiles and says, "You get two, so maybe a couple of bottles of water". I usually just find some passenger to pass them to, but this idea sounds a lot better.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:25 pm

Those of us flying out of BUR this week will wait with baited breath to find out how the treasure hunt turns out. Great idea Blumie!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I'm not sure if the bartender checks, but aren't the coupons dated?

Originally Posted by prboricua
I fly domestically only, and only ONCE was I offered a drink coupon after I had mentioned what a long day I had.

Can you just ask for them or are there rules?
No drink coupons for AC members. AA Plats and EXPs get the coupons when flying under the international AC access rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.