Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STATUS FOR SALE-- *including EXP*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wannabe_plat
With some planning, one can get 33 months of EXP and 8+8=16 VIP for buying the prepaidcard in Aug'06 and flying in Jan'07. Which brings me to the question, can this be used to pay for an AONE3 or DONE3, provided all segments are on AA ?
What XONE3 can be done on all AA marked flights? Tell me quick because I need to do one. Everything I try breaks down on that ASIA-EUROPE or AUST-EUROPE part.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:26 am

As I'm EXP already, will they simply give me another 8 VIPs if I buy the $10K card?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:35 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AndrewC
As I'm EXP already, will they simply give me another 8 VIPs if I buy the $10K card?
And why, pray tell, would you do that? You can get the same behavior with mileage upgrades at 25K miles + $250 per VIP equivalent. If the miles are valued at another $250, that's $500 per VIP equivalent, or $4K. Of course, if you're going to be giving them the money anyway for travel, it might make sense.

All that said, I don't think it's likely to work.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by AndrewC
No.

FWIW - YAAV answered this question in post #117.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:43 am

Does Delta or Continental offer anything close to this?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by bbkenney
What XONE3 can be done on all AA marked flights? Tell me quick because I need to do one. Everything I try breaks down on that ASIA-EUROPE or AUST-EUROPE part.
Well, christep posted a ord-del//bkk-hkg-jfk on aa and aa codeshares aone3. a waste of rtw, but doable.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by AA56
Slightly OT, but do we know what happened to the thread OP?

Many thanks as some of us are concerned.
Does it have anything to do with the Tour De France or was JonNYC busted for a DUI in Malibu? The AA board is just not nearly as fun when JonNYC is not around.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eagl70
Does it have anything to do with the Tour De France or was JonNYC busted for a DUI in Malibu? The AA board is just not nearly as fun when JonNYC is not around.
Concur. Certainly not as informative. But we are not supposed to discuss you-know-who.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gemac
Concur. Certainly not as informative. But we are not supposed to discuss you-know-who.
Actually, we can talk about JonNYC. We just can't discuss what may have happened to him. We can, for example, discuss his value to the board and how his knowledge will be missed. We can even disagree with that, although disparaging other FTers is not allowed. Since this isn't Brave New World's "1984", he has not become a non-person.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
Actually, we can talk about JonNYC. We just can't discuss what may have happened to him. We can, for example, discuss his value to the board and how his knowledge will be missed. We can even disagree with that, although disparaging other FTers is not allowed. Since this isn't Brave New World's "1984", he has not become a non-person.

Cheers.
I would respectfully disagree. It definitely seems Brave-New-Worldish to me to have a long-time, valued contributor vanish without explanation. He might have died. He might have been hit by careening trash truck while trying to help a little old lady across the street. And, obviously, he might have been arrested for DUI in Malibu. It is a natural human reaction to want to know, and I know of no reason for secrecy if we are not ashamed of our actions.

You-know-who's contributions to this board are already sorely missed. I would gladly trade 100 other posters (whose contributions I can't characterize without disparaging them) for his return.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Well, christep posted a ord-del//bkk-hkg-jfk on aa and aa codeshares aone3. a waste of rtw, but doable.
Why is it a waste?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would respectfully disagree. It definitely seems Brave-New-Worldish to me to have a long-time, valued contributor vanish without explanation. He might have died. He might have been hit by careening trash truck while trying to help a little old lady across the street. And, obviously, he might have been arrested for DUI in Malibu. It is a natural human reaction to want to know, and I know of no reason for secrecy if we are not ashamed of our actions.

You-know-who's contributions to this board are already sorely missed. I would gladly trade 100 other posters (whose contributions I can't characterize without disparaging them) for his return.
I had to laugh at that. If a little old lady were in danger of being hit by a careening truck, JonNYC was driving it, not trying to help her . I agree, but dem's da rules.

Although surely we are off-topic from this very informative and useful thread/sticky started by, well, you-know-who.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
I had to laugh at that. If a little old lady were in danger of being hit by a careening truck, JonNYC was driving it, not trying to help her . I agree, but dem's da rules.

Although surely we are off-topic from this very informative and useful thread/sticky started by, well, you-know-who.

Cheers.
Ok. Back on topic.

Originally Posted by anabolism
Why is it a waste?
Because you can cram a lot more flying into the same R-T-W ticket, if you aren't having to restrict yourself to AA metal and AA codeshares to buy your R-T-W ticket with this card.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 2:35 pm

Programs: United GS, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AC
Originally Posted by Capite
(Capite moans about slow processing)
Originally Posted by bbkenney
Check you status on aa.com.
Sweet! Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Because you can cram a lot more flying into the same R-T-W ticket, if you aren't having to restrict yourself to AA metal and AA codeshares to buy your R-T-W ticket with this card.
Oh, you mean it is a waste to buy a RTW with the pre-paid card. I thought you meant the posted routing was a waste for a RTW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.