Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by demkr
Took advantage of both the AA and MP offers. Nice!
Let us know if you get credit for both, as the AA eshopping site states the offer is only for first time customers. Does the United offer have the same stipulation listed on their shopping site?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by jfkeze
let's give this one a try... using a Prepiad Amex as the funding source, so let's see what happens..
Hope that card was registered on AAdvantage Eshopping site.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by cactuspete
Earn 950 AA miles for an AA eShopping purchase at Big Fish Games (i.e. download a game to your PC or Mac). There are a number of promo codes listed right on the AA eShopping BFG page for $2.99 games. "Valid for new customers of Big Fish Games only", but the only information that is required is a name and an e-mail address (which must be confirmed), so multiple accounts may work. Yet to be determined whether you actually need to complete the download in order to trigger the miles (presumably the credit card charge is sufficient). Make sure that you "un-check" the "Game Club" trial offer box before you place the order. @:-)
This looks strangely similar to Netflix. Is this a monthly charge of $2.99? ( Mind you I have not signed up yet) Just hard to believe you get almost 1k miles for such a small purchase. A loop hole?

HP

*** Never mind. I see the trial membership now. You have to cancel or it re-ups every month.

Last edited by HighPotter; Nov 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HighPotter
This looks strangely similar to Netflix. Is this a monthly charge of $2.99? ( Mind you I have not signed up yet) Just hard to believe you get almost 1k miles for such a small purchase. A loop hole?

HP
If you do this make sure you pay attention during the checkout process for the Game Club trial box being checked. That is how they will get you for recurring charges
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Call me spoiled, but after last weekend's $0.00 RT expedia.ca fares, this deal doesn't seem worth the effort.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA PLT, BD *G
Originally Posted by Max M
Hope that card was registered on AAdvantage Eshopping site.
I thought they tracked the purchase through a cookie or a code in the link for online purchases, whereas dining purchases were tracked by card.

If you're right, then I just wasted $2.99 by using a virtual credit card number.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Earn 950 AA miles for an AA eShopping purchase at Big Fish Games (i.e. download a game to your PC or Mac). There are a number of promo codes listed right on the AA eShopping BFG page for $2.99 games. "Valid for new customers of Big Fish Games only", but the only information that is required is a name and an e-mail address (which must be confirmed), so multiple accounts may work. Yet to be determined whether you actually need to complete the download in order to trigger the miles (presumably the credit card charge is sufficient). Make sure that you "un-check" the "Game Club" trial offer box before you place the order. @:-)
Thanks OP! ^ I'm in.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
TY to OP....just bought a game for $2.99.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jw713
TY to OP....just bought a game for $2.99.
I chose a game for $2.99. When I unchecked the game club membership, the price went to 6.99, so you may have signed up for the game club membership, so be sure to cancel in time.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by mvoight
I chose a game for $2.99. When I unchecked the game club membership, the price went to 6.99, so you may have signed up for the game club membership, so be sure to cancel in time.
would that void the miles?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
I was able to uncheck the game club membership, and the price stayed $2.99. I signed up for both ADV & MP miles using different email accounts and pre-paid Amex. I did "register" the pre-paid Amex, but I'm not sure that makes a difference.

I think the "registration" is only for in-person retail purchases at select retailers...
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Thanks, but I unchecked the membership box & it stayed $2.99. Scroll down and look for "catch of the week" on the left. That game is $2.99 without the membership.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: AA PLT SPG Gold
OP - Great Find!

Huge thanks to OP for sharing!
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by jw713
Thanks, but I unchecked the membership box & it stayed $2.99. Scroll down and look for "catch of the week" on the left. That game is $2.99 without the membership.
^This worked perfectly! Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Has anyone had their miles post yet?

HP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.