Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
register credit card after purchase

I forgot to register a card that i made a $500 purchase with about a week and a half ago. I've made a few purchases with another card the past few days that I also forgot to register. Has anyone successfully added a card after making some purchases and then seen credit for them? I am not sure if they get notification from the credit card company once a month after your statement hits, or if it's pretty much instantaneous and i'm SOL.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
I had 2 cases last year that AA mileage for eShopping never posted.
Last month I did eShopping via USAirways (at Target). Miles posted in <10 days.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
I forgot to register a card that i made a $500 purchase with about a week and a half ago. I've made a few purchases with another card the past few days that I also forgot to register. Has anyone successfully added a card after making some purchases and then seen credit for them? I am not sure if they get notification from the credit card company once a month after your statement hits, or if it's pretty much instantaneous and i'm SOL.
You can contact Vesdia and ask them (bwah ha ha ha). But seriously, I'd think you're SOL.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:49 pm

Yeah, I'll definitely report back what ends up happening. Probably going to miss out on about 2k miles though, boo!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:56 am

Some small good news. I had 3 smaller transactions hit with eShopping yesterday. I was only expecting 1.

My statement for the card I put these items on closed on 11/12 and at least 1 of the purchases I made through the eShopping site was PRIOR to actually adding the card! Purchases from 11/8, 11/9 and 11/11 came through. I added the card on 11/9 and it took 48 hours to be "activated" and waited until after it was in that state to make the 11/11 purchase. So the 11/8 definitely got added retroactively, and possibly the 11/9 if their activation status really shouldn't let transactions go through yet.

The $500 in spending I initially was talking about is on a different card that hasn't closed yet. I'll report back if that goes through though since the transaction was on 11/1 and posted to credit card 11/3. Statement ends 12/2, so it looks like it is possible that I'll get the miles since the card was added and "active" 11/11.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
950 AA miles for $2.99 - AAdvantage eShopping/Big Fish Games

Earn 950 AA miles for an AA eShopping purchase at Big Fish Games (i.e. download a game to your PC or Mac). There are a number of promo codes listed right on the AA eShopping BFG page for $2.99 games. "Valid for new customers of Big Fish Games only", but the only information that is required is a name and an e-mail address (which must be confirmed), so multiple accounts may work. Yet to be determined whether you actually need to complete the download in order to trigger the miles (presumably the credit card charge is sufficient). Make sure that you "un-check" the "Game Club" trial offer box before you place the order. @:-)
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
Have u tried this yet?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT | HHonors Gold | Starwood Gold*
Looks good. I might have to jump on this
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
If you use virtual credit card from Citi, additional protection to you (no chance they will use it for anything else once the one-time pad numbers are used to process your $2.99). Nice price, OP; $2.99 for 950 miles, though I doubt I'll ever even open the game. Go fish!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Nice! Thanks a lot OP! Actually enjoyed the game

Last edited by demkr; Nov 26, 2010 at 1:15 pm
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
let's give this one a try... using a Prepiad Amex as the funding source, so let's see what happens..
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Very cool, I just jumped in
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA PLT, BD *G
Tried putting in a UK billing address for my credit card, and the price goes up to $3.49! (In dollars, not pounds.) Could be a VAT thing.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Also Available for UA MP

There is a thread for the United MP version of this offer at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ish-games.html. It contains some caveats, and the possibility of using a coupon to get the miles at no cost.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Took advantage of both the AA and MP offers. Nice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.