Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I only purchase on AA eshopping what I would have bought anyway. I know the prices of my usual run of stuff and buy heavily on Drugstore.com, Overstock.com and ValueMags. ValueMags is a huge miles haul at 23 AA miles per $.

I also shop at other merchants, most recently UnderArmour at 5 AA miles per $.

There are many new merchants on AA eshopping. It pays to verify before shopping in another way.
That's my MO too.
If I decided to purchase the item, I check for it on AAdvantage Shopping, confirm the price is acceptable, and go from there. A lot of the merchants also allow in-store pickup (e.g., Best Buy) so in past instances I've purchased the item online at the parking lot, then walk in to the store and pick up my item.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Hadn't known about the Best Buy pick up option. Thanks!

Have done much gifting with Value Mags purchases in 2010. Very happy with the results and (obviously) the heap of AA miles. You can always send an email announcement of your gift of magazines if you've forgotten someone who need to remember with a nice gift.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:01 pm

speaking of in store pick-up...

I needed 4 tires, an alignment and an oil change.

Sears.com allows in store pick up for all these items. 2k bonus points!

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
That's my MO too.
If I decided to purchase the item, I check for it on AAdvantage Shopping, confirm the price is acceptable, and go from there. A lot of the merchants also allow in-store pickup (e.g., Best Buy) so in past instances I've purchased the item online at the parking lot, then walk in to the store and pick up my item.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Pure genius!

Originally Posted by Sourhead

What a brilliant idea! Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Sourhead

Wow, I had no idea! I have a choice between Firestone and Sears to get my oil changed. I've visited each one once but guess where I will be going from now on?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 9:01 pm

Any thoughts on this? I haven't heard back from aadvantage mall since I contacted them most recently.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
It takes ridiculously long for those to post, 45 days isn't really an exaggeration. My last one took just over a month. Assuming they do post, they'll be back dated to the date of the purchase, which I believe will un-expire your miles.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by FXEpilot77
It takes ridiculously long for those to post, 45 days isn't really an exaggeration. My last one took just over a month. Assuming they do post, they'll be back dated to the date of the purchase, which I believe will un-expire your miles.
That's why AAdvantage told me. At this point, however, we are at day 55.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:20 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
I've only had one instance when they didn't post and they fixed it rather quickly. I imagine they're kind of busy with the Holiday onslaught.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by wldtrvlr
I've only had one instance when they didn't post and they fixed it rather quickly. I imagine they're kind of busy with the Holiday onslaught.
Wish I had that kind of experience. I've had a couple not post. Submitted everything for them to look into it and never hear back.

In the future if you need miles quickly I would recommend AAdvantage Dining. I've never had a problem with a transaction not posting and generally the miles are paid in less than 10 days.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 2:15 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Originally Posted by EmAAx
Wish I had that kind of experience. I've had a couple not post. Submitted everything for them to look into it and never hear back.

In the future if you need miles quickly I would recommend AAdvantage Dining. I've never had a problem with a transaction not posting and generally the miles are paid in less than 10 days.
AAdvantage dining is MUCH easier and almost at the speed of light compared to AAdvantage eshopping. I've earned about 62K miles with the dining program this year and have only had 3 that did not post. A quick fax with the reciept or your CC bill gets them posted quick. I like the mall, but it is not as efficient as the dining program.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Welcome to the club.

After providing documentation and contacting Vesdia [the owner of the AAdvantage E-Shopping site] I finally received miles for a purchase that took 8 months to resolve.

I'm currently going to have to fight for credit for 10+ purchases in 2010 thus far that haven't posted.

Furthermore, I spent in excess of $600+ using the AAdvantage EShopping site during their 2009 $25 MasterCard Gift Card Holiday promotion. I never received the $25 MasterCard Gift Card.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:56 am

Well, it took them 2 weeks to reply with this:
Thank you for contacting AAdvantage eShopping (SM). We received your e-receipt from (Gap). It takes 2-6 weeks for a research request to be completed. After the research process is completed, you will receive an update via email.
Dining might be more reliable, but then I have to go out of my way. And I can't do it from the comfort of my couch....
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
I've been fighting for >6 months for Wine.com and Stubhub purchases. Completely absurd.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold SPG Gold ($30K AMEX)
Stubhub

Two of my Stubhub purchases, bought in November, have not appeared as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.