Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Though my account seems to be messed up, I have a lot of 'Pending Transaction Description' entries for idine and shopping points.
You and everybody else. They did a major upgrade to the software that runs AAdvantage and there are still kinks being worked out.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by nall
And what do you know, there's a new promo.

So it looks like it is on again. Now it says "for a limited time finish your holiday shopping". With the same bonus point levels.

So is this new, or if I already spent $250 for the promotion through 12/2, would I not get another 3K for another $250 spend?

Edit:
To answer my own questions, this looks like it is new. Terms are different dates, so I take it I would get miles for both. "Terms: From 12/08/13 through 12/22/13 11:59 PM EST receive a one-time additional bonus of up to 3,000 miles "

Last edited by FlyingBoat; Dec 10, 2013 at 11:47 am
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
So it looks like it is on again. Now it says "for a limited time finish your holiday shopping". With the same bonus point levels.
The numbers are slightly different for this promo. For example, the top level is now 3000 miles instead of 2500.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:39 am

What is experience in being able to get points when using coupon that isn't listed on their site? I would like to use a 25 off 125 Kmart coupon which I don't see listed.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
What is experience in being able to get points when using coupon that isn't listed on their site? I would like to use a 25 off 125 Kmart coupon which I don't see listed.
It seems to depend. I have a 100% success rate on getting mileage credit with Sierra Trading Post even though I often use outside coupons that are really good. With most other sitesI haven't been so lucky. In many cases the savings from a coupon are more valuable than the miles you earn. Of course it doesn't hurt to go through the portal. It can't hurt to try.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: Everyone!
Well, your warnings were true. Spent $252 (no sales tax or shipping) on a single order at Magazines.com about 2 weeks ago and looking in my AdvantageShopping account today, they said I only had an eligible amount of $184, of course making me short of the extra bonus. On the plus side, I am glad it posted relatively quickly and that they at least are showing I will earn at the 60 miles per dollar rate....fired off an e-mail to both Magazines.com CS and AdvantageShopping CS.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:20 pm

I want to make a Walmart purchase of gift cards to get the AMEX Sync $20 statement credit. AA shopping portal says that gift card purchases at WM don't get AA miles. Does anybody know if this is actually enforced?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Anybody see transactions post as confirmed and then disappear? Happened to two of my transactions and its left me scratching my head. One was a staples transaction that took 3 weeks to post, was up for all of a day and is now gone. A Neiman Marcus purchase for $200 also posted for about 2 days but is now gone.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:22 pm

My purchases via AA Shopping 6 weeks ago not posted yet (not even pending)!
How long does it take? Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Odd how non-committal this unsolicited AA Shopping Portal email is that I received today:

"Thank you for shopping with AAdvantage eShopping during the Go Over And Above Holiday Bonus. The promotional period has now ended and our records indicate that your recent purchases may qualify you for bonus miles!"

...so maybe we'll give you miles, and maybe not? How hard would it be send a confirmation email instead of this vanilla one? C'mon Cartera...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:54 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
data point: purchases made on 11/28/13, all miles posted today (no 2500 of course) got an e-mail from AAdvantageShopping that bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks from end of the promotional period.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Odd how non-committal this unsolicited AA Shopping Portal email is that I received today:

"Thank you for shopping with AAdvantage eShopping during the Go Over And Above Holiday Bonus. The promotional period has now ended and our records indicate that your recent purchases may qualify you for bonus miles!"

...so maybe we'll give you miles, and maybe not? How hard would it be send a confirmation email instead of this vanilla one? C'mon Cartera...
I got the same email and thought the same...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:44 pm

I haven't seen any email like that and I spent about $350 for stuff I needed anyway. The miles for the actual spend just posted seemlessly to my AA account. Makes me wonder if they are sending out that email to everyone, or only to those who were close to the requirement (and thus may untimately fail to qualify if some of it turned out to be non-qualifying).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by JCary
My purchases via AA Shopping 6 weeks ago not posted yet (not even pending)!
How long does it take? Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. I've sent them an email. Still no miles.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
This is the archive of older posts from the active thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.